- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Get ready to enter a world where bigger is better in this titanic second chapter, as we meet the towering denizens of the giant celdens realm.

The celden world was similar to that of Earth but scaled up several hundred feet. Their planet orbited a dual sun system, bathing the lush lands in a warm amber glow. Lush forests stretched as far as the eye could see, broken up by cascading rivers and towering mountain peaks. Due to the giants' tremendous size, even mundane structures like homes and schools spanned acres of land.


The celdens looked almost identical to humans in proportion and anatomy, apart from their colossal height which ranged from 100 to 250 feet on average. Their skin tones and hair colors varied just as human diversity did. They possessed only two types of teeth - sharp ripping fangs and broad crushing molars, well-suited to their dining habits.


While the celden anatomy overall aligned with humans, there were a few key differences. Their core body temperature ran hotter to support their enormous bulk, ranging from 110°c to 130°c. Their potent gastric acids could dissolve even durable metals like steel in minutes, breaking down prey with ease. This acidic fluid wreaked havoc on their internal temperature, so their bodies possessed a specialized pouch to store the acidic bile when not digesting food. Once this caustic substance began dissolving a meal, their core temperature would skyrocket rapidly.


Among their kind, the females were known as '' celdensss" while the males were just called 'celden.' They stood slightly smaller than the females. Their role in society was more or less same as what you would see on earth


Culturally, celdens viewed humans as lesser beings, akin to livestock. They possessed no qualms about hunting, killing, and consuming humans if the mood struck them. However, not all celdenss relished in cruelty and carnage. There was a range of personalities among their kind just as within humanity.


In recent decades, diplomatic relations had been established between the two races. An exchange program was instituted, sending celdens to live among humans and vice versa to try and bridge understanding between their worlds, but after the first one went south the kinda went with the idea of sending their kind to the human world to have fun as they please and the human government were task to stick with his conditions in other to prevent a war, a war that they know they could come close to winning.
…………………………………………………














Mia attended Ut Sarth Academy, one of the premier schools in her region. She stood 180 feet tall, moderately tall for a celdensss her age. Her slim build had an athletic grace to it, though she was not as statuesque as some of her more robust classmates. Mia’s complexion was a rich umber shade, complemented by long flowing black hair she often wore in a messy braid that draped to her knees. Her eyes were a piercing emerald green behind stylish glasses. While the corrective lenses were now unnecessary, Mia had worn them for so long that they felt like part of her look.


Mia’s family lived about a 20 minute walk from the sprawling school grounds. She rose with the amber rays of their planet’s twin suns streaming into her spacious bedroom. Today was a momentous day for Mia and all her classmates. Ut Sarth Academy was this year's selection to participate in the inter-realm exchange program. One celden would have the privilege of spending six months living among humans while one unlucky human student would conversely be transferred to the giants’ school.


Unlike the humans fear of being selected, The chance to visit the human world was coveted by most celdens. It represented freedom from rules and consequences – a free pass to indulge every whim with the tiny civilization. To be chosen as their school’s exchange student was an honor. However, Mia harbored some reservations about being whisked away to an unfamiliar land filled with alien creatures no bigger than her fingertip, but they could be fun to be had right?.


After dressing in her crimson school uniform, Mia made her way downstairs. The surfaces of her home were scaled for her proportions – massive wooden chairs with cushions stuffed with enough materials to fill two Olympic sized swimming pools, a table spanning half the size of a human football field , and appliances sized to brew hundreds of kettles of tea or cook handful of human livestocks at a time


Mia’s father Bryn was seated at the table, using his large tablet interface to scan the day’s news projections while nursing a mug of tea the size of a water tank. He worked as an architect, designing different structures throughout their region. Bryn possessed keen intelligence behind his rugged features, his short-cropped salt and pepper hair speaking to his distinguished age. He smiled warmly as Mia entered.


“Morning, sunshine,” he rumbled affectionately. “Big day today, hmm? Excited about the choosing ceremony?”


Mia gave a noncommittal shrug as she grabbed a bowl of grain and sliced meats. “I guess so. More confued than anything. The idea of spending so much time with those tiny creatures creeps me out.” She popped a strip of bacon the length of a school bus into her mouth, savoring the smoky flavor.


Her father chuckled understandingly. “I can imagine it’s quite outside your comfort zone. But look at it as a learning experience. Perhaps you’ll gain some knowledge for their kind.”


“knowledge?” Mia scoffed around her mouthful of food. “What would I learn from creatures so tiny?” To emphasize her point, she grabbed a cage containing hundreds of live earth chickens and dumped them into her open mouth, crunching them up like popcorn.


Bryn just smiled patiently, accustomed to his daughter’s flippant ways. “I know you don’t mean that. You have a big heart under all that bluster, little one.”


Mia rolled her eyes, With a shrug, she gulped down the rest of her meal. “Yeah, yeah, I’ll play nice with the tiny guys. Assuming I’m even chosen.”


At that moment, rapid footsteps sounded on the towering staircase. Mia’s younger brother Jerry slid down the bannister, landing nimbly in the kitchen. “Chosen? Please, we all know they’re gonna pick me!” he exclaimed with a cocky grin.


Though only 14, Jerry already stood at a towering 130 feet tall. He had carved out a reputation at their school as a slick ladies man and star athlete. Jerry’s popularity and swagger often annoyed Mia, but deep down she had a soft spot for her reckless brother. When he wasn’t putting on airs, Jerry demonstrated the same calm spirit as the rest of their family.


“What makes you so sure?” Mia shot back wryly as she rinsed her dish in the kitchen sink.


Jerry shrugged, his blue eyes twinkling. “First, I'm handsome plus I've won many trophies for our school . Who else would they choose?” He sidled up and threw an arm around her shoulders. “Just imagine me big sis, – Off cavorting with those little people. I'll Try not to step on too many!”


Mia rolled her eyes, shrugging off his arm. “Yeah right, only in your stupid fantasies.”

"Besides you just know they'll pick me" slightly raising her shoulder higher


"You mean, they're gonna pick the most socially awkward girl at school" Jerry snickered. "How many friends do you have, like two at most"


"You take that back, I'm beautiful and I have lots of friends too," mia said trying to defend herself


Oblivious to her turmoil, Jerry headed for the towering pantry to grab a quick breakfast. At the table, Bryn folded up his tablet interface. “Well, I’m off to the office. Good luck at the ceremony today.” He stood on his tippy toe to kiss Mia’s forehead. “Don't let his word get to you, he's your younger brother.”


"Ya you're right, I guess his Young and STUPID" mia said darting her eye at her brother


With an encouraging pat on her shoulder, Mia’s father lumbered out the back door on his way to work. Mia bit her lip pensively as she watched him go. Did everyone really think of her as a nerd with no friends.


Jerry bounded back over, apples and bread rolls overflowing in his arms. “Come on, sis, let’s get going. Don’t wanna be late for the big day.” He snatched up his school bag and headed for the towering front door.


Mia took a deep breath, squaring her shoulders. Jerry was wrong – no use fretting about what-ifs. All she could do was take things as they came. She did appreciate her family’s faith in her abilities, whether founded or not. Hoisting her own satchel over one shoulder, Mia followed her brother outside into the sunny morning.


They strolled in the direction of campus, the 20-minute walk giving them time to chat. Mia lived in a more suburban area on the outskirts of their city. As they trekked inward, the houses and shops grew progressively larger and more elaborate. Jerry catcalled at every pretty celden they passed, undaunted by their annoyed looks.


“Jerry, do you always have to be so obnoxious?” Mia chided as he made kissy faces at a trio of unimpressed girls.


Jerry shrugged, unabashed. “I can’t help being so popular with the ladies.” He shot her a cheeky wink. “Not my fault you got all the charm of an ogre.”


Mia grabbed him in a headlock, ignoring his muffled protests. “Who are you calling an ogre, pipsqueak?” She vigorously rubbed her knuckles across his short black hair.


“Ahhh, okay, uncle!” Jerry yelped. Mia finally released him, grinning in satisfaction. He frantically smoothed his mussed hair, scowling. “You’re gonna pay for that someday, sis.”


Mia just laughed as they continued on. She enjoyed getting under her cocky brother’s skin now and then. His inflated ego needed regular deflating. As they crossed into the urban heart of the city, the buildings climbed ever higher and wider around them. Vehicles the size of cruise ships flowed through the colossal streets. Advertisements hundreds of feet tall blazed from metallic walls. To Mia, their walk felt perfectly mundane, but she imagined how awestruck humans would be viewing their world.


At last the sweeping campus of Ut Sarth Academy emerged ahead. Students milled about the courtyards and gardens, mingling before class began. Jerry peeled off to meet with his friends, but not before shooting Mia a thumbs up. “wish me luck, sis!”


Mia took a deep breath, gazing up at the imposing granite edifices before her. Bryn's vote of confidence buoyed her spirits and helped settle her nerves. She could do this – regardless of whether she was chosen or not. With her head held high, Mia strode onto the bustling school grounds.


She was immediately greeted by enthusiastic shouts. “Mia! Over here!” She turned to see a group of three celdenss waving her over. Smiling, Mia altered course to join them. Though not exactly part of the “in'' crowd, she got along well with most of her classmates.


“Hey ladies,” Mia greeted. “How’s it going?”


“Girl, we are freaking out,” gushed Tiana, the ringleader of their group. She stood out with dark brown skin and long braided hair woven with colorful beads. “The choosing ceremony is in just three hours!”


Murmurs of excitement rippled through the cluster of celdens. “I heard they’re bringing in alumni to help with selection,” said Selena, her blonde curls bouncing as she bounced on her toes.
Chapter End Notes:

Don't forget to review the chapter of you like it, that how I know someone actually wants me to continue, lol.