- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is my first ever attempt at writing a size related story, despite being interested and a lurker for a long time. Please keep in mind the English is not my first language. Please also keep in mind that I may (probably will) include giant males in this story at some stage. Any criticism or advice would be greatly appreciated :). 

Author's Chapter Notes:

There is no size action just yet, just an introduction of characters. Also gold star for you if you recognise the TV show this took some inspiration from.

Amidst the sprawling expanse of Los Angeles, where the beautiful sunrise struggled to penetrate the city's towering structures, a diminutive apartment held the quiet existence of Zara. In this metropolis, where sirens occasionally wailed and urban lights painted a faint glow on the waking streets, Zara's residence seemed to press inward with oppressive confinement. The walls of her modest abode enclosed a world where the distant hum of the city's awakening became a symphony, setting the stage for the unfolding tale of a young woman—Zara. At a mere 5 feet tall, with ginger hair and ice-blue eyes, she navigated the intimate confines of her dwelling, a space that emphasised her sense of isolation.


In the shadowed corridors of her past, tragedy etched its mark. Zara's father, a skilled mechanic, met his untimely end in a macabre dance beneath a rogue car lift. A routine repair turned fatal as the metallic limbs of the contraption went astray, entangling him in a gruesome struggle against gravity. This chilling spectacle imprinted upon Zara an intense fear of death, an ever-present spectre haunting her every thought. Her mother faced her own demise in a quaint setting, crushed by a church chimney that plummeted from a great height on a windy day. The sudden brutality of the accident, on what should have been an ordinary day, deepened Zara's fear, weaving a common thread in her parents' tragic ends.


Zara, the sole cleaner at a dimly lit 1-star hotel, navigated the unrelenting drudgery of her job. The suffocating nature of her work extended beyond the confines of her small living space, transforming her daily routine into a symphony of sadness echoing through each passing day. The hotel, a place of unremarkable decay, mirrored the desolation of her life. The rooms, adorned with worn-out furnishings and stained carpets, bore the scars of countless forgotten occupants. Zara faced the gruelling task of scrubbing away the remnants of transient lives—dirt, grime, and the pungent stench of neglect clung to every corner. The isolation she felt within the hotel's dismal corridors mirrored her personal solitude. Strained relationships and sparse connections left her in a profound state of desolation, accentuated by the relentless demands of her thankless job. The absence of family and friends intensified her feelings of sadness and fear, shaping her world into a desolate landscape within the decaying walls of the hotel.


Zara's fear sharpened her senses to an almost preternatural level. Every flickering light, frayed wire, or creaking floorboard became a silent harbinger of impending doom, heightening her vigilance in the face of unseen threats. Morbid scenarios, reminiscent of a "Final Destination" film, played out in Zara's mind. A loose screw transformed into a menacing projectile, and a creaking elevator became a foreboding capsule hurtling toward a grim end. These vivid visions intensified her fear, turning the mundane into potential death traps. Zara's fear manifested in unwanted forebodings. A simple walk down the street became a calculated dance around imagined perils. The constant vigilance exhausted her, yet the fear propelled her into a precarious dance with the invisible threads of fate.


Within the dusty aisles of old bookstores, Zara found solace. The musty scent of aged pages and the promise of forgotten tales became a sanctuary, a quiet rebellion against the symphony of sadness engulfing her. Zara's love for forgotten vinyl records became a temporal bridge in the dim glow of her apartment. Each scratch and pop offered a nostalgic reprieve from the present, momentarily transporting her away from the echoes of her confined life.


However across town, Lucifer, the Devil in human form, lived a polar opposite life that resided in a realm woven with threads of mystery. The city pulsated with the heartbeat of disparate lives, where glittering skyscrapers housed both dreams and nightmares.


In a penthouse that overlooked the city's grandeur, Lucifer revelled in a lavish lifestyle. His flawless looks and beautiful features were a spectacle of dark charisma, charming those who dared to cross his path. Confident and arrogant, he was a known ladies' man, but beneath the surface, he harboured a dual nature—a sinister blend of evil and sadistic pleasure.


Having grown bored with the underworld, Lucifer chose to dwell in Los Angeles for a while. His residence was a palace of indulgence, adorned with expensive cars, designer suits, and every conceivable luxury. Yet, his favourite pastime was weaving malevolent deals with unsuspecting humans, granting their deepest desires with cruel and sadistic twists.


One such tale unfolded as Lucifer granted an awkward nerd the chance at love. The twist left the individual infatuated with an inanimate object, the left ugg of his sister, which gave a heart-wrenching illusion of affection. Another unfortunate soul received great wealth, only to discover it came from illicit activities, making them targets for law enforcement and dangerous criminals. Finally in a twisted pursuit of stature, a man yearning to be taller found himself becoming 8 feet tall, plagued by continuous and agonising health problems because of his immense height.


As the city below slept, Lucifer revelled within his opulent domain. Orchestrating the rise and fall of those who dared to strike a deal with the Devil, he plotted and schemed in the shadows. The dance with the Devil continued, casting its ominous shadow over the contrasting lives of Los Angeles.

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you so much for reading