- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Uploading my backlog: part 4 (this one is actually new)

A Giant Misunderstanding

Emma's trial began when she ventured into the border mountains in search of better hunting grounds. The harvest had been weak that year and her last few hunts unsuccessful, so she decided it was worth the risk. Further north lay the land of giants, where everything from the plants to the people grew to terrifying scale, but here at the threshold of these two worlds was opportunity for those who were brave enough to claim it.

The decision paid off at first -- she was able to catch a three deer in only a day -- but on the journey home she ran into trouble. The wolves were bolder than she expected. They harried her all evening and into the night, taking her game and finally her horse. She drove them back with torch, bow and spear, but they did not relent until dawn, leaving her exhausted, wounded, and empty handed.

Emma was resting under a tree when Lily found her. An athletic, red-haired girl on the cusp of womanhood, she would not have been out of place in Emma's village, save for her immense stature. Lily was no human, but a young giantess -- a member of the towering and mysterious race that inhabited these lands. Although she seemed to be friendly, Emma quickly realized that something was not right.

"You smell really good," Lily blurted out after picking Emma up to look at her injuries. The odd words were accompanied by a cold, unfocused glare, as though the titanic teenager was looking right through her.

Ignoring the chill that had run up her spine, Emma explained to Lily what she needed -- a good set of bandages to wrap the wounds on her legs and torso, a splint for her ankle, and to be carried a few days south, closer to human territory.

To her dismay, Lily yielded none of those things. Instead she judged that she would need her mother's help to treat Emma's wounds, and that she could not in good conscience leave the human alone in such a state. Emma was going home with her whether she liked it or not.

She tried to argue, of course. She was the oldest child of her family, she was needed at home to protect and provide for her younger sisters and aging mother. She had already been gone too long as it was. But Lily was not convinced. "If I leave you out here a highland roc could swoop down and eat you right up! It's best if you come with me."

The journey home was mostly silent after that, save for the grumbling of the young giantess's stomach. Her earlier conviction about preventing Emma from being eaten was quickly reversed. "I'm so hungry I might just eat you myself." She declared with an awkward chuckle. Emma wanted to believe it was a joke, but try as she might she could not quell the dread that was building inside her.

Late in the afternoon they arrived at their destination: a homestead not unlike Emma's, nestled in a beautiful mountain valley. The scale was different, as were the building materials, the farm animals, and the crops, but it felt familiar nonetheless. There Lily introduced Emma to her mother. Tania was a large woman even for her kind: wide in the chest, wider in the hips, and taller than her daughter by almost a head. The familial resemblance was strong, as both women shared their bright red hair, though Tania's held streaks of gray, the only real evidence of her age.

Tania did nothing to dispel the precedent that Lily had set. Upon seeing her daughter return with a human in hand, she laughed, "I told you to catch us dinner, not dessert, you silly girl!"

Lily quickly filled her mother in on Emma's condition, and then handed the young woman off. Tania took Emma into her bedroom and set her on the nightstand while she gathered her bandages and herbs.

Receiving treatment from a giantess was surprisingly painless. Tania was very skilled, and her hands seemed supernatural in their dexterity and gentleness. After a few minutes she had applied poultices and bound Emma's wounds as well as any human medic. The ankle splint was a makeshift affair, fashioned from a pair of tooth picks, but it worked well. By the time she finished, Emma had regained hope that she was not just a snack for these massive women.

That hope did not survive dinner time.

Rather than set Emma aside with her own food, Tania placed her right in the middle of the table. Between two enormous plates, the smell of roasted meat and spices was overwhelming. The heat and humidity wafting off the food would have made Emma sweat even if she wasn't afraid for her life. Watching Tania and Lily eat was unnerving in its own right -- each fork-thrust became a squelching impalement, and each chew a blood-curdling crunch. But in light of their comments, it became a nightmare.

"This dish is really good mom, but I think there's something missing..." Though Lily addressed Tania, her eyes were on Emma.

"We should wait until our guest is healed before we ask her to season anything, dear. It's only polite."

Lily responded with a disappointed shrug, but dropped the issue, much to Emma's relief.

Terrified as she was of becoming food, Emma still needed to eat. After a few minutes of anxious observation, she worked up the courage to scoot over to Tania's plate. In the back of her mind she imagined the woman's fork crashing down on her as soon as she got too close, but no attack came. Instead the older giantess gave her a warm smile as she approached. "Take as much as you like, sweetheart. You look like you could use a good meal."

"Careful where you step, though." Lily added with a wide grin, "You wouldn't want one of us to accidentally scoop you up!"

Tania chuckled. "We're not careless, but Lily does have a point. Unless you want to end up in here," she leaned back and patted her belly, "It's a good idea to stay alert."

If Emma hadn't been injured, she would have tried to jump off the edge of the table right then and there. But she couldn't even begin to escape from these women, so instead she nodded at their words and clenched her hands so tightly she was worried they might start to bleed.

Eventually Lily and Tania shifted their attention from their captive to discussing upcoming work on the farm. Their conversation gave her enough reprieve to scavenge a few tiny bits of mammoth steak and atlas maize. Lily had not been wrong about her mother's cooking. The warm, juicy meat and spicy sauce was better than anything Emma ate on the road, and most of her meals at home, too. Considering how the giants looked at her, she was surprised to learn their taste in food was similar.

The sun was setting when Tania and Lily finished their meal. In the warm evening light they busied themselves clearing the table, leaving Emma alone in the whirlwind of activity. When the chores were done, Lily marched off to her bedroom, and Tania returned to the table to collect Emma before doing the same.

-----

After long days of travel, after fighting with wolves and cowering from giants, Emma hoped that night would finally bring relief. Relief from the hungry glares and teasing remarks of her captors. Relief from the anxiety of a predator's presence. Time to rest and not worry about the struggles tomorrow would bring. But even now, as Tania and Lily slept, she was kept physically comfortable and emotionally terrified.

Tania had pinned Emma against her plump stomach, reasoning that it would serve as a soft bed for the tiny girl, and that her gigantic hand would be a warm blanket. She was right on both counts, but the position still tormented her. Unwilling to protest and risk angering the giant matriarch, Emma was forced to listen to her digest the mountain of food she had eaten for dinner. Muffled by only a few layers of fat and muscle, Tania's stomach roared in her ears, its deepest gurgles and groans felt as much as heard.

The chaotic noise might be soothing if it was not a perpetual reminder of her impending, horrific demise. As the night crawled along, she imagined the hell unfolding a few feet beneath her in the giant woman's belly. What would it be like when she was finally devoured? Would the bile flay the flesh from her bones, or would she suffocate first? Perhaps it would melt her down like a wax candle until nothing but slurry remained? How long would it burn before her body lost the ability to feel pain?

When the questions became too gruesome she would try to think of something else, anything else, and she would find herself pondering their motives. There had to be more to this than just a cruel game. If she could understand what they wanted there might be a way she could barter for her life. Was it a competition between mother and daughter to claim the right to eat her, or part of a strange and esoteric ritual? Maybe even a test of virtue whereby Emma's own actions would determine her fate?

The question that chilled her the most was why Tania insisted on treating her wounds. She could not accept that it was done out of kindness. Did they believe it was dishonorable to eat an injured human? Or did they simply want her to be able to put up a good fight when the time finally came?

Eventually Tania's stomach settled down. The groans and gurgles subsided little by little into silence, leaving Emma alone with the steady whispering of the giant woman's breath. For all the outside world was concerned, Tania's dinner -- a feast several times Emma's weight -- had ceased to exist. Annihilated by the strange processes of digestion, it lived on only as part of her. An uninteresting fate for a lifeless mass of meat and vegetables, but for a living, breathing person? She could scarcely imagine a death more complete or more cruel.

Even though she was sandwiched warmly between two blankets of soft skin, Emma felt cold. Empty. Small. With what little freedom of motion she had, she buried her face and wept, letting the tears flow freely until exhaustion finally claimed her.

-----

Emma jolted awake as the surface beneath her tilted to become nearly vertical. Although Tania had sat up, she remained secure against her soft midsection. Hungry roaring filled the tiny woman's ears. The now familiar sound made her hair stand on end.

Cupping Emma carefully in her hands, the giant mother lifted her up to eye level. "Did you sleep well, little one?" She asked. The question sounded genuine.

Emma nodded while doing her best to control her shaking hands. She did not feel comfortable under the direct gaze of a giantess and doubted she ever would.

Tania cocked her head. "Is something wrong, sweetie? Are your wounds acting up? I'll clean them today, that should help."

"No, no," Emma shook her head quickly, "I'm just not awake yet. That's all." Her voice was so quiet she was surprised Tania could even hear it.

"Alright then," the giantess smiled, but she didn't sound convinced. "If there's anything you need, just ask. Lily and I are here to help."

Tania's words were so kind, Emma had the sudden urge to confess everything to her. If the matronly giantess confirmed her suspicions, at least she would do so sweetly. But she could not summon the courage to speak up.

With their conversation finished, Tania set Emma down on top of her dresser while she put her clothes on. As the woman slipped into her trousers, her stomach rumbled again, loud enough for both of them to hear it. "It sounds like my tummy knows what it wants for breakfast," she winked at Emma. "But pancakes will have to do today."

Emma smiled back at her nervously and pulled her legs tighter against her chest. She watched Tania dress with blank, unfocused eyes, her mind occupied with the question: if not today, then when?

Once Tania finished buttoning her blouse around her prodigious bust she turned back to Emma. Gathering the girl up in her hands, she headed into the kitchen to start cooking. The experienced giantess worked quickly, and soon the relatively small house was permeated by aromas of molten butter and sizzling batter. Lily made her appearance as soon as Tania began taking the pancakes off the griddle, stumbling out of her room with messy hair and hastily donned clothes.

"If I knew you were making pancakes I would've gotten up earlier!"

"I decided to make something special this morning since we have a guest." Her mother replied, nodding to the table where Emma was sitting.

"Really?" She shifted her gaze to Emma and began to lick her lips. "But I thought we were going to wait until..."

Tania gave her a patronizing smile. "Honey, I made the pancakes for Emma, not with her."

"Oh!" Lily's eyes lit up with realization. "Of course, sorry." She shook her head in embarrassment as she took a seat at the table.

Breakfast was much the same as dinner. The giant women ate their fill while Emma scavenged bits of pancake from Tania's plate. She'd come to the conclusion that while the mother had a greater appetite, it was the younger giantess that was more intent on making a meal of her. The hungry glances that Lily gave her throughout the meal only reinforced this. It seemed that whenever she thought Tania and Emma weren't looking, her eyes would wander over, drilling into the tiny woman with unnerving, predatory intensity. Was she planning to defy her mother's orders?

Rather than dwell on that chilling thought, Emma focused on enjoying her portion of the meal. The strange pine syrup that the giants used was both incredibly sticky and incredibly sweet. Gathering up chunks of pancake and dipping them without getting stuck to Tania's plate was a challenge, but the warm, fluffy, sugary bliss that followed was more than worth it. Emma decided that with a cook like Tania holding her captive, her last meal would more than likely be delicious. She wasn't sure if that was a comforting thought, or a cruel irony.

-----

After breakfast, Tania went outside to tend the garden, leaving Emma and Lily alone together. Emma feared the worst, but the young giantess was not ready to devour her just yet. Instead she cleared the kitchen table of plates and utensils, replacing them with arrow shafts, bundles of roc feathers, and crude metal broadheads.

"You're a hunter too, right?" Lily asked without looking away from her work. Her brow was knitted in concentration as she expertly wound a string to bind fletching and shaft. "Have you ever made your own arrows?"

Emma didn't know why Lily bothered to talk to her food, but felt she had to reply. "When I was little I helped my papa make them. Once I became our family's hunter I never had the time."

Lily nodded. "It's tedious, but I like the feeling of making a kill with my own weapons, and my mom likes that it saves us coin." She paused to focus on tying off the string, before starting on another arrow. "We haven't had much luck this season, though," she grinned wryly, "You're the most impressive thing I've caught so far!"

The familiar urge to flee welled up within Emma, but her wounded ankle kept her in place. After an awkward silence, Lily continued, "I can't wait until you're healed up! My mom has lots of recipes for humans, but I think it would be more fun to play hide and seek before dinner. At your size there's lots of places in the house to hide, so it would be a close game. But if one of us finds you, we'd get to have an extra tasty dessert!"

A chill settled over Emma as she listened to Lily's excited planning. It seemed this was just a game to them, after all. Was it a game she could win? Maybe in perfect circumstances, but after a week of anxiety and sleep deprivation Emma doubted she'd stand a chance.

"What if I win? Will you let me go home?"

"Oh, don't worry about that! We're gonna get you home either way."

Emma shook her head in confusion before she realized what Lily meant. The image of a giantess depositing her "remains" back at her family's farm made her skin crawl with disgust. What would stop Lily and Tania from devouring them, too? Was that their plan all along? Emma could face her death stoically -- even one as gruesome as that -- but the thought of losing her loved ones to these monsters was too much. Try as she might, her face began to contort into a sob. "Why?" she pleaded.

Lily cocked her head inquisitively. "What do you mean? Don't you want to go home?"

"Why must you toy with me?" Emma cried. "Why must you be so cruel?"

Eyes wide with surprise, Lily set aside her work and gave Emma her full attention. "Hey, hey it's alright!" She tried to sound soothing, but her voice was high and nervous. "We don't have to play hide and seek or any other games if you don't want to. T-they were just suggestions, that's all!"

"I know you're going to eat me, just get it over with! I can't take this anymore!"

"No, t-that's not--! We don't--!" Lily sputtered, before words failed her altogether. A look of absolute shock and horror formed on her young face. She recoiled from Emma, standing up from the table as more strangled words stumbled from her mouth. "All this time, you thought..."

Lily's reaction was so unexpected it threw everything Emma knew into question. Was she wrong? What did they want, if not to devour her?

"I thought you were just shy! I didn't realize..." Lily choked, "Ohh, Goddess, everything we said! You must think we're monsters!"

Emma looked up and tried to wipe the tears and snot from her face, just in time to see the door fly open.

"Lily? Girls? Is everything alright?" Tania rushed into the kitchen, tearing her gloves off and grabbing a towel to wipe her hands as she made her way to the table. "Thank goodness the window was open or I never would have heard you. Is someone hurt?" The giant mother looked between Emma and her daughter in bewilderment.

Lily shook her head ruefully. "No, Mom! Emma thinks we're going to eat her! She's been terrified this whole time!"

Tania was too shocked to respond as she watched her sobbing daughter flee the room. Taking a deep breath to compose herself, she crouched down to Emma's level and addressed her, voice barely above a whisper. "Emma, you know that we'd never actually eat you, right?"

"Don't lie to me!" Emma cried, flinching away from the looming giantess. "It's obvious that you both want to!

"Oh, sweetheart, that's not what we want at all," Tania replied, voice dripping with motherly warmth. "You're a precious, adorable little person and we want you to be safe and happy. I'm sorry if our teasing gave you a different impression."

Emma was taken aback by how genuine Tania sounded. "Really?" she croaked, confused and uncertain. "You really mean that?"

"With all my heart," Tania smiled. "Just like I told you this morning, Lily and I are here to help. Not because we want to eat you later, but because it's the right thing to do. If you found a traveler who had fallen on hard luck, wouldn't you do the same?"

"But-- but you said I was dessert. You even have recipes for humans!"

"It's in our nature to enjoy the taste of humans, but we're not barbarians. We aren't going to cook you or chew you up or anything cruel," Tania explained, "All we do is mix you in with the flour, or spices, or sauce for a little while so your flavor rubs off on the food."

Yesterday's events looked very different in light of Tania's words. Emma had assumed the worst about her and Lily in every interaction. In reality she never had anything to fear. Quite the opposite -- being rescued by them was an incredible stroke of luck. The revelation was painful in a way. She felt like a fool, a bigot, and worst of all, a rude and ungrateful guest. But at the same time she was unimaginably relieved. The knot in her stomach began to unravel, and Emma found her tears returning, this time out of joy.

"I thought... I thought you..." She couldn't even say it. The idea that these two kind, lovely women planned to consume her seemed absurd now. "I'm sorry..."

"Ohh, you poor thing," Tania cooed, "You have nothing to apologize for. Sometimes we forget how intimidating our appetites can be. Both Lily and I are guilty of that."

The fear and stress that had ruled Emma's life for the past two days did not pass quietly. But with each sob she felt the tension melt away. Her body felt heavy but her head was light, whether from catharsis or simple exhaustion was impossible to tell.

"May I pick you up, sweetie?" Tania slid one of her hands across the table towards Emma, but stopped at a respectful distance. "You look like you need a hug."

The question surprised Emma. Neither giantess had ever asked her permission before handling her. She almost shook her head, desiring to keep what little distance and dignity she had left, but she remembered how soft and careful Tania had been while she worked on her injuries. And how long it had been since she felt truly safe in the arms of another.

Since her father passed away, her mother's frail embrace had never carried the comfort and significance it once did. Instead it became a bittersweet reminder to Emma that she was the only one strong enough to protect their family.

Tania had no such weakness. Her warmth and power seemed limitless. Rather than deny her request, Emma nodded. The giantess beamed at the show of trust and brought her hand over the rest of the way, scooping the tiny girl up with the same care as always.

Once in hand, Emma was whisked upwards to chest height. Cupping her hand against her bosom, Tania pressed her ever so gently into the soft, pleasantly fragrant fabric of her blouse.

"There, isn't that better?"

Emma murmured wordlessly in response. Last night, when the fear of being devoured still dominated her mind, cuddling with Tania had been torturous. Now it was bliss. Acting on instinct, she shamelessly nuzzled herself against the giant woman's breast, eliciting a good-natured chuckle.

"I'll take that as a yes."

With each shuddering breath, Emma became a little more calm, a little more relaxed. For the first time in days, she was at peace.

Tania pulled back her hand and peered down her. "How are you feeling, dear?"

While the soft fabric had wicked the tears away from Emma's eyes, there was no cure for her tremendous exhaustion.

"Tired," she replied.

The giant woman nodded and pursed her lips thoughtfully, "Although I would love to hold you like this all day, there's chores to be done. I could use some of our spare linens to make a bed for you," she explained, "Or, if you'd prefer to stay close to me there's a more intimate option."

"Intimate?"

Tania grinned and patted her chest.

"Oh! Emma's eyes widened. "Um..." Her face began to heat up, embarrassed to be contemplating the offer. It was no contest, really. Curling up to sleep in an old sock or pillowcase sounded dreadful when compared with the softest, warmest full-body hug she could imagine. "I... I'd like to stay with you, actually."

"Wonderful!" Tania replied, "Just hold still while I get you tucked in." Shifting her grip, she held Emma under the arms and lifted her up to her neckline. Then she used her free hand to pull down her collar, unveiling a vast expanse of cleavage. Heat and feminine odor wafted from the exposed skin, becoming more intense as she was lowered closer.

Once Emma was right above the surface, Tania unfurled her fingers. The tiny girl dropped to a soft landing, slipping waist deep into the pillowy crevasse below. Rather than push her down, Tania simply pulled her breasts apart -- not far enough to truly part them, but enough to reduce the pressure on Emma and allow her to slide deeper in. In an instant the young woman was swallowed up by darkness and warmth.

As soon as Emma's descent ended, Tania let her breasts return to their natural positions. The increase in pressure was noticeable, but it never became smothering. Instead the soft skin contoured around her tiny body, holding her in a comfortable cocoon. Emma could only compare it to the sensation of snuggling under a heavy blanket, but multiplied a hundredfold.

Little evidence of the outside world penetrated into Tania's mighty bosom, save for muffled words and gentle swaying as the giant woman moved about. For the first time since leaving home, Emma fell asleep effortlessly.

-----

Tania sighed as Emma settled between her breasts. Although she still felt guilty for giving the tiny girl such a scare, she contented herself with the knowledge that her and Lily would have plenty of opportunities to make it up to her. The pleasant -- and long missed -- sensation of having a human "passenger" also helped calm her nerves.

With one girl taken care of, Tania went looking for her daughter. Lily had been almost as distressed as Emma was, and would no doubt need her mother's counsel. The rhythmic sound coming through the window provided a clue as to where she had run off to. Tania gathered up her gloves and made for the door.

Outside she found Lily beside a stump, chopping through their supply of timber at a furious pace. She didn't look away from her work as her mother approached, instead bringing her axe down with a grunt and cleaving a block of wood with a single blow.

"We have enough firewood for now, dear. You don't need to cut these."

The young woman wiped the sweat from her brow and readied another block. Though she avoided Tania's gaze, her reddened eyes and tear stained cheeks were clear as day.

"I know you feel guilty, but everything is going to be alright. Emma knows we aren't going to harm her. She's resting in my bosom right now."

Lily began to raise the axe but hesitated, before casting it aside angrily and turning to her mother. "It's not okay! This is my fault."

"It's not your fault." Tania replied. "If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I should've taught you more about humans and been more clear with Emma. But you... you didn't know any better."

"I'm the reason she was afraid to begin with. I was the one who... who..." she trailed off, screwing her eyes shut to fight back another wave of tears.

"You can't take all the blame for that. We both teased her."

"We both teased her, but I really wanted to do it!" Lily cried, "I came so close to swallowing her! I thought Emma didn't notice, but she did, and she's been terrified of me ever since!"

Tania shook her head, "You only say that because you don't know what it's really like."

"I'd never seen a human before I found her. I tried to be gentle, like you always said, but when I picked her up..." Lily took a shuddering breath, "Oh Goddess forgive me, she smelled so delicious! I had to have her! She didn't even want to come home with me, but I couldn't stand the thought of leaving her behind."

Tania put her hands on her daughter's shoulders and pulled her into a hug. The young giantess nuzzled into the embrace, squeezing her mother as though she might fly away at any second.  "It's alright, darling. You would never eat Emma, no matter how you felt, or how hungry you were."

"H-how do you know? Even now, I have to distract myself when she's around or I'll just stare at her and drool. It's like my stomach and my heart want two different things. It scares me."

Tania released Lily from her embrace and looked her in the eyes. "I know because I've done it before."

"Y-you... really?" Expressions of awe, horror, and morbid curiosity flitted across Lily's face. "W-why? When?"

"I've told you about my adventures in the southern kingdoms," Tania began. "About my companions, and the monsters we slew together."

Lily nodded, completely enraptured.

"Mighty beasts aren't the only monsters we fought. Some were human. Necromancers, cult leaders, cruel mercenaries. The little folk are so adorable it's easy to forget that they are capable of terrible things."

"You ate evil people?" Lily looked relieved.

"I ate those that we would have killed anyway," Tania replied, "Those that truly deserved it. But it never felt as good as I imagined. Fear and adrenaline made them taste bitter. They would void their bowels in terror, and flail their little limbs in pitiful, desperate ways, and scream till their voices went hoarse."

Lily swallowed nervously. Her cheeks, so recently reddened by sobbing, began to look pale.

Tania continued, "Even if you did lose control, Emma's reaction would shock you back to your senses before she ever made it into your mouth. You experienced that today. Were you thinking about how tasty she looked when she started to weep right there in front of you?"

"No..." Lily shook her head slowly, "That was the last thing on my mind. I just... I just wanted her to feel better."

"Exactly. You have a good heart. Your hunger doesn't change that... it's nothing compared to that."

"The urge feels so strong sometimes."

"It always is with the first few humans you meet."

"Does it get easier? I can't imagine traveling with humans like this. Or living with them..."

"It will become easier with time. Most little ones aren't as appetizing as Emma, either." Tania grinned, "That girl makes even my stomach rumble. She's as irresistible as they come."

Lily's mouth quirked into a grin at that. "Is she really in here?" she replied, placing a curious hand on her mother's chest.

"Safe and snug," Tania replied proudly. "And probably getting the best sleep of her life."

Lily blushed and shook her head bashfully. The two women shared a moment of comfortable silence before Lily spoke up again. "I hope... I hope I can learn to be like you one day, mom. You're so kind and calm and wise and... in control all the time."

"You will, honey. I'm sure of it," Tania replied. "But you still have a lot to learn. This experience with Emma is part of that process."

Lily nodded. "I understand that now, but I still feel bad for her. I wish there was something more I could do."

Tania smiled knowingly. "Emma came to our lands to hunt, did she not?"

"She mentioned that, but-"

"One mammoth or highland aurochs will feed her family ten times over."

For a moment, Lily looked puzzled by this seemingly unrelated fact. Then her eyes lit up with realization. "I can hunt."

"You can," Tania replied. "And when we take Emma home, we'll bring a feast for her family -- an offering of friendship and an apology for keeping their girl from them."

"That's perfect!" Now wearing a look of determination, Lily tidied up the split logs before rushing inside to get her hunting gear. Tania watched her daughter with a smile, happy to have set her back on a constructive path.

After Lily left, Tania returned to her gardening. She worked at leisurely pace, taking time to enjoy the fall weather and the calming familiarity of working the earth. Every hour or so, she would take a break to get a drink and check on Emma. The tiny woman stirred occasionally, but showed no signs of wanting to leave her bosom. Tania didn't blame her, rather she quite enjoyed being able to provide so much comfort to the adorable human, and she appreciated the trust that Emma placed in her by choosing to rest on her person.

Lily returned from her hunt hours later, just after sunset. Tania was in the kitchen preparing dinner when her daughter walked in, sweaty, dirty, covered in bruises and scrapes, and smiling from ear to ear. "Come look!" She beckoned her mother outside.

Outside lay the carcasses of not one, but two great aurochs that Lily had managed to drag back home. These creatures were among the largest of the common beasts, but still smaller than a giantess. Tania guessed that their combined weight approached Lily's. It was an impressive feat.

"Did you even use your bow?" Tania asked.

Lily grinned sheepishly, "I may have done a bit more knife work than I needed to. Saved some arrows at least."

"Feel better now?"

"Much."

"Come inside and get some food, then. I'll get the lanterns out so you can start cleaning these tonight."

-----

Emma wasn't sure how long she slept. The first few times she woke up, she told herself that she would relax just a few minutes longer before getting up. And each time she was lulled back to sleep by the gentle swaying of the giant woman's chest, the faint rhythm of her heartbeat, and the all encompassing warmth of the soft flesh sealing her in.

Eventually, though, Emma began to feel sore and stiff from lethargy, and she knew the time had come for her rest to end. She had a home to return to, and a family that needed her. Slowly she stretched out her heavy limbs, and began squirming her way to the surface of Tania's cleavage. The giantess took notice quickly, reaching a few fingers in to fish her out.

After a moment of disorientation, Emma found herself in Tania's palm. The room around them was cold and dark, save for a dim glow emanating from the curtained window.

"Mmm," Tania mumbled, blinking the sleep from her eyes, "Good morning, dear."

"D-did I wake you?" Emma stammered. She hadn't even considered that Tania might be trying to sleep as well. "I'm sorry, I-"

"It's alright, no harm done," Tania replied gently. "You were in there so long I was beginning to worry."

"You can lay back down if you like. I'll wait."

"No, no," Tania chided, "I need to check on your wounds and get you some food. You haven't eaten in almost a day, you must be starving."

Emma's stomach rumbled in agreement. It wasn't loud enough for Tania to hear, but Emma still looked down out of embarrassment. She wasn't used to being so dependent on other people. It made her feel like a little girl again, tugging on her mother's dress and asking for this or that.

After setting Emma down on the nightstand, Tania hefted herself out of bed and put on her robe. She spent a moment fixing her wild red hair before kneeling down in front of the tiny human. "Arms up, sweetie. Let me see those bandages."

Emma did as she was instructed, and Tania's massive fingers descended on her. Emma had no doubt that each one could flatten her if the giantess so desired, but instead their touch was as gentle as could be.

"Tell me if anything hurts, okay?" Tania asked as she felt around Emma's lacerated torso and thighs, applying slight pressure to different areas. After the initial inspection she began the lengthy process of removing the bloodied bandages and re-dressing the wounds that had not healed enough.

Once again Emma marveled at the giant woman's skill and control. This time, however, she felt comfortable enough to sate her curiosity. "How did you become so good at this?" She asked. "I couldn't imagine handling a person so much smaller than me. I'd be afraid to break them."

"It may be hard to believe, but I was an adventurer once. Most of my companions were your size. I got a lot of practice patching them up after each fight." Tania grinned, "They usually needed it more than me."

"I'm glad you did," Emma replied playfully, "I wouldn't want to be the first person you tried this on."

Tania chuckled, "I wasn't always able to be this gentle, it's true, but I've never injured anyone I was trying to help, either."

A few minutes later Tania finished her work. Patting Emma on the head with one careful finger, she said, "There we go. You're healing up well, little one. A couple more days and it will just be your ankle left to set."

Emma nodded gently, "Thank you, Tania. Really. I'd probably be dead if you and Lily didn't find me."

"I appreciate the gratitude sweetie, but don't go thinking like that. You don't owe us your life."

"I know, but you've been so generous and-" she paused, trying to find the right word, "And patient with me. I don't know how I'll ever repay you."

Tania opened her mouth to reply, but was interrupted by a deep groan that emanated from her stomach. The older giantess blushed and put a hand on her plump belly. "Goodness! I'm terribly sorry, dear. You're probably sick of hearing that noise..."

Though the hungry rumbling still made the hairs on Emma's neck stand at attention, it didn't inspire the same fear as before. "Was that... was that because of me?" She asked cautiously.

Tania sighed heavily, "I'm always ravenous in the morning, but sleeping with you isn't reducing my appetite any, that's for sure."

"Do you... do you want to- t-taste me?" Emma's heartbeat raced as her body reacted to the absurdity that she had just suggested.

"I think you know the answer to that, sweetie. However," the giantess raised her finger as if to scold Emma, and her gentle voice gained a serious edge, "Don't feel obligated to let me or Lily slobber you up and treat you like a little treat. You are our guest, first and foremost. You don't have to do anything that you find uncomfortable or humiliating." She paused to emphasize her statement, but only succeeded in giving her stomach another window to angrily grumble. Shaking her head in annoyance, she continued, "How about we talk about this more after some breakfast?"

"Good idea." Emma replied, standing up from the nightstand to climb onto Tania's waiting hand.

Moving into the kitchen, Tania set Emma down on the table and started gathering a meal for the two of them. Rather than cooking, she pulled pieces of bread, cheese, cured meat, and fruit from the larder. Using a knife she sliced little bits off for Emma, and put the rest on a plate for herself.

Emma sat in the middle of a folded dish towel while she nibbled on the hard chunks of preserved food. Instead of sitting down, Tania continued to work. She brought buckets of water and bundles of wood in from outside, and started a fire in the stove. Every minute or so she would stop by the table to grab a few bites of her meal.

Emma watched the gigantic matron bustle to and fro with silent awe. The vast difference in scale between them made the most mundane tasks seem monumental. Tania's bucket held enough water to flood Emma's home, and upon her plate sat the entire harvest of her family's homestead. She walked more swiftly than a warhorse at full gallop, and the air in her wake blustered like the mountain wind. Each piece of kindling she carried could have formed the keel of the greatest human warship, and the blaze that rose from them roared like a noble's pyre.

Seeing such physical might used so causally, Emma realized that it was not so surprising that Tania and Lily were gentle souls -- if they and their giantess kin were not, they would have conquered the human kingdoms long ago.

Once she had finished the chores, Tania poured herself a cup of water and sat down at the table to finish her breakfast. Emma watched her eat and imagined how her first "tasting" might go. Tania had mentioned a few of the ways her flavor could be used, but that only served to fuel Emma's wandering mind. Eventually her curiosity became too great to resist.

"Umm, Tania?"

"Yes, dear?" The giantess replied, setting her fork down.

"I was wondering, how... uh... how does this work, exactly?"

"Are you still thinking about being my dessert?" Tania teased.

"Yes," Emma replied sheepishly, "I know I don't have to, but I want to contribute something while I'm here, and this seems like the best way."

Tania gave her a serious look, and for a moment Emma feared rebuke. "I understand the sentiment, and I appreciate that you want to pull your weight, small as it is. I'll explain how you'll be tasted, and you can decide if it's something you want to do."

Emma nodded, and waited for her to continue.

"The first time I taste any human, I prefer to have them raw, without seasoning. That way I know what foods they'll pair with." Tania smirked, "Although I can already tell you're going to be terribly sweet."

"So you're just going to... lick me?"

"It's a bit more than that. If not for your bandages I'd put you all the way in my mouth, and give you a nice long tongue bath..." Tania mused, "But for now, a taste of your upper body will suffice. Think of it like an extended kiss."

Emma marveled at the thought of being inside Tania's mouth, not to be devoured... but savored, explored, enjoyed.

"That... doesn't sound so bad," She replied.

"Most humans find it pleasant, once they get over their initial fear," Tania replied. "Considering the scare we gave you, I'm surprised you're already considering this."

"My dad used to say I was the bravest in the family. My mom thinks I'm just foolish," Emma joked, "Either way, I trust that you won't... accidentally chew me up or anything."

"It means a lot to hear you say that, dear," Tania smiled. "I'll give my mouth a rinse after breakfast, and then we'll begin."

-----

"Ready?" Tania asked the tiny woman in her hands.

Emma's eyes were trained on Tania's mouth, but her expression was unreadable. "I think so," she replied softly.

"I'll start slowly." The giantess replied, and started to bring her "treat" up to her lips.

Emma watched Tania's face loom closer and closer, until she could feel the warmth and minty scent of her breath. Just a few days ago, this very mouth had given her nightmares, but now she felt strangely calm.

Emma closed her eyes as Tania's face came within arm's reach. One last humid exhalation washed over her before she was pressed, with painstaking gentleness, against the giant woman's lips.

At first it seemed no different than a kiss, but soon a bumpy, slimy tongue peeked out, wetting Emma's head and torso. A deep, satisfied moan rumbled from Tania's throat, so loudly that it made the tiny woman flinch. She was pulled away not a second later.

Tania looked down at the human in her hands apologetically, "Sorry for startling you, dear..." she blushed, "I didn't think it was possible, but... you taste even better than you smell. It's quite intense."

"Thanks," she replied, mouth quirking into a grin. Seeing Tania react so strongly to her flavor was oddly satisfying.

"I'm the one that should be thanking you," Tania chuckled. "Now let's try again, deeper this time."

Emma nodded and raised her arms. The giantess lifted her back up, opening her mouth further than before. Emma gazed into the void between Tania's soft, loving lips as it approached, yawning wider by the instant, until it engulfed her entire view. This time the giantess led with her tongue, snaking the tip out to lather Emma's face and chest.

"Mmmm..." Tania purred, momentarily lost in bliss. Once she had gotten an adequate taste, she retracted her tongue and fully planted her lips onto Emma's chest. Slowly but inexorably, she slurped the tiny girl up, until only her hips and legs remained free.

Emma couldn't help but giggle and playfully squirm against the strange sensation of being enveloped by Tania's mouth. From inside, the giant woman's moans and hums of pleasure became sub-audible vibrations that rumbled through Emma from head to toe. The human felt smaller than ever before, but not insignificant, as she commanded the complete attention of the giantess holding her.

Meanwhile, Tania was in heaven. One taste of Emma and it was clear she had gone far too long without a little human treat in her life. But just as strong as the girl's flavor was the warm, giddy feeling in her chest -- satisfaction at the great trust Emma placed in her by allowing her to do this. Trust which she ultimately cherished far more than the raw physical pleasure the tiny girl could provide.

Sharing this moment of strange intimacy, neither Emma nor Tania realized they had an observer.

"Mom! W-what are you doing?" Lily blurted out from the kitchen entrance, where she stood frozen in shock.

Tania gently spit Emma out onto her hand, before replying, "Having dessert with my breakfast like the naughty girl I am."

Emma gasped as the warm interior of Tania's mouth was replaced by the cool morning air. Sitting awestruck in the giant woman's palm, she did her best to fix her hair and wipe the saliva off of her face.

"Emma?" Lily asked, "Are you alright?"

"A bit messy," Emma giggled, "But I'll live."

"As much as I'd like to keep sucking on you, I think that's enough for today," Tania chuckled, "I wouldn't want to give myself a toothache."

"You agreed to this?"

"It was my idea," Emma replied.

"Though my appetite did play a role," Tania added. "Come sit down, sweetie," She beckoned her daughter to a chair at the dining table.

Lily obeyed her mother, but she still looked uncertain. As she pulled up a chair, Tania set Emma down on a napkin, and folded one edge up so the tiny girl could grab it. The three sat in silence for a moment while Emma worked to dry herself off.

Lily looked down at the human on the table forlornly. Taking a deep breath, she said, "Emma..."

Lifting her head out of the napkin to look up at the young giantess, Emma replied, "Do you want to taste me, too?"

"N-no! I mean, yes... but I..." She trailed off, blushing red with embarrassment.

"It's alright with me," Emma smiled, "But I'm not the one who will have to fix all these bandages."

"You're getting fresh bandages either way, so don't worry about that." Tania clarified in a motherly tone.

Lily looked down at her lap, wringing her hands together while she tried to compose herself. "I want... what I want is to apologize." Though her head remained down, her eyes glanced up to make contact with Emma's.

The meek, awkward gesture appeared surreal to Emma, magnified as it was on the canvas of Lily's immense face. Who was she to make this towering person cower and beg forgiveness? What power did she have?

Lily's pleading eyes told her: Only you can absolve my guilt.

Suddenly the giantess seemed small. Her uncertainty reminded Emma of one of her sisters, come to ask the eldest for advice or affirmation. Emma smiled and stood up from the napkin. She knew how to handle this.

Lily's hands retreated as Emma approached, but she beckoned them back. "Pick me up," she said, "Come on, you can do it."

"A-are you sure?" Lily looked between Emma and her mother. Tania gave her a nod. The young giantess laid her hands down on the table and let Emma clamber on. Her arms quivered ever so slightly as she lifted the human up to eye level.

Emma stood face to face with Lily for a moment, feeling wisps of her warm breath and examining her reddened, forlorn face. Then she spread her arms wide and crept to the edge of the giant girl's cupped hands. At first, Lily blinked back at her in surprise, then her eyes widened with understanding. With painstaking slowness, she brought Emma up to her cheek.

Now within range, Emma pressed herself against Lily's face, stretching her arms to hug as much of the titanic girl as she could. Lily sniffled and giggled, scrunching up her eyes and releasing a few of the teardrops that laid waiting there. They ran down her cheeks in rivulets, re-wetting Emma's hair and face. In response the little human only hugged tighter.

"Aww... girls," Tania cooed, "You're going to make me cry..."

Lily and Emma shared a giggle at her comment. After a minute, Lily pulled out of the hug and held Emma in front of her chest. She wore a warm, confident smile as she looked down at the tiny human. "Thank you," she said simply.

-----

The rest of Emma's visit was much less eventful than the first two days had been. Once Tania was sure that the she would fully recover from her wounds, they made plans to return her home. A journey that had required several days on horseback for the human would be only a day's walk for the giant women. Despite this, Tania stressed that travel in human lands was not something to be done lightly. If they were not careful, her and Lily could cause far more harm than good.

The trio departed one cool autumn morning, just as the sun started to rise over the mountains. Tania and Lily each carried a satchel of food on their back, canteens of water and wine on their belts, and enough blankets and other supplies to sleep for one night.

Emma rode in the pocket of Tania's blouse, peeking her head and shoulders above the fabric to surveil the vast landscape. Squinting as the morning air blustered against her face, she marveled at the speed with which her massive companions could cover ground.

With the journey finally underway, Emma's thoughts began turning towards home. She was excited to introduce Tania and Lily to her family, but explaining to her mother why she had been away so long would not be easy. She hoped the offering of food the giant ladies brought would be enough to smooth things over. After all, gathering food for winter was the original reason she'd undertaken the dangerous journey north. Despite her mother's doubts, she'd succeeded, just not in the way they anticipated.

At one point they passed by the tree where Lily had originally discovered Emma. Seen from a giant's perspective, it was nothing more than an insignificant sapling, perched on a small outcropping of rock. It seemed like ages since she had laid there on the ground, helpless and afraid, while Lily loomed over her.

With a wry smile, Emma considered how much anguish she might have been spared if only she had failed to keep her head in that first encounter. It was funny to think that the most terrifying days of her life were now just a memory that the three of them would undoubtedly joke about in the years to come.

Then, with less humor, she thought about how truly close she had come to dying, and how easily Tania and Lily could make her fears real, if only they were so inclined. As they continued onward, she closed her eyes in prayer, thanking every deity she knew of for delivering her into the hands of these benevolent titans and not into an untimely grave.