- Text Size +


Mary sat at a small kitchen nook, her hands clasped around a hot cup of tea as she slowly and methodically sipped away at it lost in her own mind at what had been happening the last week or so. 



A calm silence emanated through the kitchen as Sarah and Chris sat opposite her sipping away at their own cups as their guest chose her next words carefully, “I…I just feel like…somethings happened to him” Mary said once she looked up from her steamy cup “I try to ask him if he’s okay, and let him know that he isn’t alone but…I just don’t know what to do now”. 




The two women sat and listened to what their friend was saying, feeling their own concerns about the well being of their godson, “What do you think happened, has he…said anything or…” Sarah asked after a moment of tense quiet between them. 



“Sigh, that’s the thing though” Mary said slumping her shoulders as she sat her cup down looking like she had been defeated “He’s been keeping to himself the last week, he just comes home, locks himself in his room and hardly ever comes out now”, “Almost like he’s become withdrawn from everything” Sarah asked treading lightly in case she overstepped her boundaries. 




“…yeah” Mary said meekly before taking another sip of her tea, feeling like Sarah had voiced her own feelings about what was wrong with Joel “I just don’t want to make any…accusations about anything, but I-I just have this feeling deep down that something has happened”, “He would’ve told you if something was wrong hunny” Chris said before taking a sip herself. 




“He just seems so distant now” Mary said staring out into the front yard, looking at the serine display of worldly calm, “He’s always been skittish, but recently he just feels more…afraid than anything” she said scared that her son may be developing a fear of himself as a result of his most recent developments. 




“That’s normal for a lot of teenagers to a certain point though” Sarah said bringing up how all of them had a difficult time when they were around Joel’s age, “I know…but this just feels different somehow” Mary said swirling her drink a bit “I just don’t know how to deal with all this, it’s not like I ever even thought this was going to be a problem for us either”. 




“Well, I mean not to sound weird or anything, but have you tried smelling him” Chris asked wondering if her friend had maybe picked up on something unusual with Joel “I mean maybe there’s something lingering around him you know”, “Sigh…I’ve tried but everything’s just been so bogged up the past week or so, it’s like everything is coming up all at once” Mary said rubbing her temple slightly. 




“And to be honest, it’s been giving me the nastiest headache I’ve ever had” Mary said squinting her eyes in pain “I’ve never felt this way before either, it’s like I’m changing with Joel for some reason”, “Maybe it’s more of an instinctual thing than anything else” Sarah said posing the idea that perhaps her friend was becoming more attuned to the dangers her child faced now that he was entering a new stage of life. 




“Yeah instead of there actually being something wrong, maybe you’re just hormonal heh” Chris said with a little laugh before getting a smack to her shoulder by Sarah “Gah, ow, I’m just trying to bring some levity to the situation, gosh”, “You are not helping here” Sarah hissed under her breath as Mary slumped over and held her head in her hands. 




Marys shoulders hitched and shook as she began to openly weep over her situation, finding no resolve in the attempted affirmations her friends she cried like she never had before “I’ve been a terrible mother haven’t I” she asked between sobs “I’ve failed my own son” she said before the subtle ripping of threads filled the room. 



Overwhelmed with emotion Mary began to swell up and expand out into her neighbors home taking up more and more space by the second as she continued to cry over the fact that she had been living under the false pretenses of her own family’s safety. 




Sarah and Chris sat silently as they watched their guest reach higher and higher ground as she sat across from them, ripping through her clothes to the point that they began to hang on by mere stitches that even dug into her skin to a slight degree before loosing their one sided battle as her body stretched out across their kitchen coming close to their little island they recently had installed. 




The two lovers worriedly looked over at one another as their now nude friend wept into her hands and grew ever so closer to their ceiling before quickly stripping down to their birthday suits and matching Mary’s height before she could push a hole through their house. 



“Hey hey hey it’s okay Mary it’s okay” Sarah said soothingly as she wrapped her arms around her disheveled friend, trying her best to bring the growing woman some level of comfort as her partner did much of the same but in her own way. 



“You’re not a bad mom girl” Chris said giving Mary a shoulder to cry on “You’re just scared…and so is Joel, but that’s okay a lot of things have changed in such little time this normal to be upset” she said as Marys growth slowed to a halt just after the back of her head pushed a sizable divot into the ceiling. 



“You’ve done so much for your son, and so much for yourself that no one, absolutely no one, can ever say that you are a bad, horrible, awful mother” Chris said pulling Mary away so that she could look in her eyes “Especially you”, “I haven’t done enough though” Mary said barely above a whisper. 



“You’ve done more than enough sweetie” Sarah said as she caressed her friends face, wiping away her stray tears “More than any other person I know”, the three giant women sat in the crowded kitchen for what felt like an eternity before Mary finally broke the silence “What do I do now” she asked sullen and exasperated. 




“You do what you can sweetie, that’s all any of us can do” Sarah said rubbing Mary’s shoulder as Chris intertwined her fingers with Mary’s squeezing her hand tightly and comfortingly “But right now I’d start by shrinking back down” said Chris warning a small chuckle from the other two towering ladies. 



“You’re right, you both are” Mary said as she shifted slightly becoming suddenly aware of something weird under her left butt cheek but thought nothing else of it “Oh gosh, I’m sorry about all of this, I’ve been such a mess these last few days” Mary said wiping away the last remnants of tears from her face as she and her friends slowly began returning to normal. 



“It’s no big deal girl” Chris said as she picked up her pants and quickly slipped back into them “Stress is just a natural response to…changes in someone’s life” Sarah said as she put her shirt back on “And you’re under a lot of stress right now…it’s just normal”, “I’m usually a lot more put together than this though” Mary said as she picked up the tattered remains of her clothes and held them up to her naked body. 




“Sighhh…I just bought this shirt” she said as she held out the stripped apart apparel in front of her breasts which did little to cover her bountiful mounds, “Here” Chris said extending her shirt towards her friend “It might be a little tight but at least you won’t walk home naked”. 



“Thanks” Mary said sheepishly, finding it rather embarrassing that she had managed to loose control and shred through her clothes haphazardly, “Take these too” Sarah said offering up her pants in kind “I think we’re still around the same size” she said before Mary took her up on her offer. 




“Sighhh…I’m sorry about…all this” Mary said motioning to the mess she had made before looking back and the crushed island that she figured had been what her ass was laying on earlier “I’ll pay for everything I swear”, “Hey don’t even sweat it girl” Chris said waving off Mary’s concerns “Believe it or not this isn’t exactly the first time we’ve had an overgrowth in the house” Sarah said looking pointedly at Chris. 



“Whaaat why do we even have home insurance if we’re not going to use it huh” Chris said before walking out of the kitchen to go get another shirt, “I’m glad you came to talk to us Mary” Sarah said walking up and placing a caring hand on her shoulder “If you ever need to get something off your chest, you know Chris and I are always here for you”. 



“I know” Mary said through a softer tone “Thank you”, “ And now if you’ll excuse me” Sarah said before walking out of the kitchen herself “I desperately need to put some pants on, hehe” she said earning a good laugh from Mary in turn. 



“Sighhhhh…what a mess” Mary said looking around at the damages shaking her head in disbelief at what she had done before eventually making her way back home, “I hope Joel’s okay” she whispered to herself as she walked down the street towards her home unaware of the situation her son was currently facing halfway across town.