- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

F/m, unaware

Uh... what does yandere mean again?

After school evening, most students are on their way home…

A lone Brobdingnagian girl sitting comfy inside the library, head propped on right hand while her left lazily holds her favorite novel book on the desk below her with a mug of water by her side.

Charlotte.

Mid length black hair, sharp arrow-like hairpins, gold eyes and the visible shiny lip balm decorating her soft lips. Even while wearing the usual Clover uniform, the enigmatic aura could be felt by anyone else inside the library that took even a slightest glance at the lone girl favoring black as her color motif with black paint decorates her nails and that obsidian-colored stone hanging on her necklace.

Little did they know, despite the passive gesture of her reading that fantasy novel, something else is tingling inside her mind. The indifferent expression of Charlotte probably won’t mean anything for anyone who’s just passing by, but the subtle eyebrow raises whenever the passage that she read describing a romantic situation between the hero and his girl companion tells something else inside her shrouded emotion. That’s when the quiet Brobdingnagian girl broke her focus from the novel she read to lift her head up a little, letting her eyes focused on… a human student boy in front of her.

Sitting on one of the tiny desks above the Brobdingnagian desk, the human student sits there surrounded by about four human student girls. For a few days now on the same evening, the tiny human boy always taking his time here to either study for exam or finishing up assignments before going home. The black-haired boy was the epitome of everything that Charlotte desired; charming, intelligent, popular. The giant girl could only sigh softly wishing that for once the ant-sized prince could take a turn to her presence and even the simplest hand wave would satisfy her.

But of course, comes the popular part of his trait. Everyday, there would always be a crowd of human student girls approached him. Granted, Charlotte always understood her own position as the Brobdingnagian in this situation. Mixed-size relationship? She reads the news, the surveys, all that gossips… it’s always a miracle if a relationship between sizes could work. Many times, either by accident or just different view of things, it never ends well for those unfortunate couples. Despite that, Charlotte would be lying if she said to herself that she felt nothing seeing her favorite human boy there being with another girls. The slim chance that comes from the size difference already made her the non-factor, but his popularity among other human girls only worsen it.

Minutes passed, one by one the students in the library made their way home. Now the human boy is alone focusing in finishing the rest of today’s homework. With only just the two of them, the atmosphere slowly transitioned into an intimate one, or at least how Charlotte envisioned it through her mind right now. Maybe today’s the day? What Charlotte got to lose if he says no? it’s just an attempt, she’ll definitely live to fight another day. Closing the book, Charlotte mustered up the courage, words forming into sentences inside her mind, clock is ticking down as Charlotte noticed that the boy started to pack up and ready to leave school.

Sadly, that chance fades away into smoke as the corner of Charlotte’s eye catches something on the right side of her desk; a human student girl, coming out from the elevator waves right at the boy. Much to the chagrin of the Brobdingnagian girl, the boy waves back at the human girl. Brownish long hair, the kindhearted aura written on that tiny face of the human girl, truly the exact opposite of the goth-obsessed Brobdingnagian girl that currently becoming an attendance of this impromptu ordinary romance show that has been ongoing ever since the arrival of this human student girl. Her gold eyes couldn’t stop looking at the two students that are now walking toward the elevator together, ready to end today’s school day.

Sunset brightened the library room through the window, bathed those walls and bookcases in warm orange as Charlotte left alone on her desk, consumed by her own thought trying to fight that irritating feeling of jealousy… is it despair? Is it all just a fantasy formed inside her own world? Even knowing her place in this whole thing, Charlotte couldn’t help but feeling that there must be something she could do…

+++

A few days later…

Same evening, same position, same after school, just another day for the antisocial goth-looking Brobdingnagian girl as she relaxing after the busy class previously. Good thing her favorite novel is here to accompany her as always along with that glass of water preventing her from dehydration. One thing isn’t the same though… Charlotte’s favorite human prince is nowhere to be seen, it’s just a row of empty tiny desks in front of her.

Unbeknownst to Charlotte, on the bookcase just behind her, something is happening on the upper part of the bookcase. Two human students sighted; a boy and a girl. Surprisingly, the male student himself is Charlotte’s favorite prince, currently talking to a female student that is surprisingly not the one usually pick him up after school but one of the girls from the group that usually bugging him after school. From the looks of it, they’re… arguing about something.

After all the effort that the female student went through to brought her favorite male student to the upper part of the bookcase for a confession only to be faced with rejection sets off the whole fight. Fortunately, Charlotte below seems unfazed by the tiny voices above her, she couldn’t even hear them shouting to each other. Unexpectedly, verbal emotional argument turns physical as the human girl shoves the male student…

…off the bookcase, sending him falling high below, much to the shock of the female human student.

+++

Surprisingly, he’s alive, now gasping for air as the human male student felt himself… wet, swimming on something. His whole uniform soaked, his body completely wet from head to toe. As her legs and arms helps him staying afloat, Blur slowly disappeared from his eyes as he looking around there’s a wall encircling around him with water filled this cylinder-like room. Looking up… there’s the familiar library ceiling up high.

Where is he? He thought he’s already dead falling high into the floor below, but now he’s in some kind of a pool? His mind shuffling through the possibilities about where he’s supposed to be now if he was falling up high from the bookcase earlier…

Wait… this is…

Before he could conclude his own whereabouts, the ceiling scenery above him moved, water swept his tiny body into one direction of this pool. Then the answer present itself as the familiar face appeared above him…

That gold eyes, that mid length black hair… that’s the lonely Brobdingnagian girl that has always been reading her favorite novel behind him. Now the human student realized where he is… soon enough, the whole ceiling scenery quickly replaced with flesh color and giant pink lips. Much to the horror of the tiny student, the whole room tilted and her upper lip planted firmly at the rim of the mug.

Panicked, the tiny human trying his best to swim away as water started to get sucked inbetween the upper lip and the mug rim, the current gets increasingly stronger as the giant girl lifts up the mug higher and higher, steadily the unfortunate tiny student losing his fight to save his own life from entering a Brobdingnagian girl’s belly. Before things get lethal for the ant-sized student, he had a wacky idea as he raised his arms up, letting his body got carried by the current as gallons of water entered the mouth of the oblivious giant girl until…

+++

Charlotte felt something on her upper lip. Funny, she didn’t remember putting anything in her drink…

Gently putting her mug back down on the table, Charlotte grabbed her phone from the table, turning on the camera and using the front lens to see her own face and to find out what’s stuck on her lips… a human student? Hold on, the tiny fella seems familiar… then Charlotte realized who he is…

Her gold eyes opened wide, the color of red painted her cheeks, but she knows she had to keep her mouth shut not to endanger the life of the unfortunate tiny that stuck on her upper lip. The ticklish sensation doesn’t help matter combined with the comedic thought of this bizarre situation between the two students. Gently, Charlotte lifts her right hand and with thumb and index finger steadily placed beneath the tiny arms, she peeled away the unfortunate human student and placed him on her left open hand. Positioning her left hand, Charlotte observes the tiny student trying to get up while feeling his uniform still completely soaked before the giant familiar face welcomes him.

“Oh… I’m sorry about that!” the tiny student turned on his earpiece. “There was an accident… I fell from that bookcase behind you and landed right inside your drink…”

“I-I see…” Charlotte still in disbelief that she’s now suddenly talking to her favorite guy. She quickly turn on her earpiece as well.

“Hold on… Charlotte, right? Nice to meet you!” the tiny student gave a smile and a handwave toward the giant girl.

“Th-That’s right! But… how did you know?”

“No doubt you’ve seen me often here with that group of girls, right? They talked to me about you sometimes, that’s why I know your name. Oh, I’m Axel, by the way,”

Axel, so that’s his name for the whole time… still, Charlotte seems excited that he already knows her name before she could even introduce herself to him. Not to mention… this means that she already had her first kiss of her life, even if it’s accidental. All this knowledge made her heart beats uncontrollably, she’s really happy at heart but also trying to regain her composure so to not embarrass herself in front of her tiny prince.

“Nice to meet you, Axel!” that intelligent aura around that tiny yet perfectly fit posture, the charming introduction, Charlotte’s heart pounding like a drumbeat with each second of Axel’s eyes focusing on her. Her thoughts spun like a hurricane trying to think of anything to talk about, consumed completely by the overwhelming feelings that rushes throughout her entire mind. “I see that… you must be so popular to be surrounded by girls all the time,”

“Oh, that group of girls? Nah… they’re just nuisance… heck, one of them is the reason why I fell into your mug earlier,”

“Wait, somebody trying to kill you like that?”

“Not necessarily, she was expressing her feeling about me, but unfortunately, I’m not interested. So I reject her… then arguing ensues, she shoves me and accidentally sending me off the bookcase. I was for sure I was gonna die there! Really!”

“That’s… not nice,”

“But you saved my life, so… I owe you one, thank you very much,” with left hand on his chest, Axel took a bow toward Charlotte. Effortlessly the tiny dream prince sends Charlotte into raging wildfire once again inside her. Is it the right time? Should Charlotte say it now? Yet before Charlotte could utter even a word, someone else arrived on her desk…

“Ah, Lisa,” Axel’s attention turned into the human female student near the desk elevator. “Well… once again, thanks for saving my life,”

“Y-yeah…” the fire dimmed inside her as harsh truth coming in and extinguish it. But she knows the rule of the game and she’ll play it fair as she lowered her left hand untul Axel could jump down into the desk surface safely and meeting her girl.

“Wh-what happened to you!? You’re all wet!” Lisa seems shocked with the soaked uniform of Axel. “And… what’s up with you and her?”

“It’s a long story, I’ll explain it to you on the way… well, shall we?”

Once again, the evening ends for everybody here as Axel and Lisa leaves the desk. Just to give another small bonus of gratitude, Axel turns his head toward Charlotte once again and waves his right hand toward her before leaving with Lisa through the elevator…

Charlotte sheepishly waves back with her right hand, a tiny smile formed on that giant face. Satisfaction? Love? She doesn’t know the answer, but for the first time in a long time, her cold heart finally warmed up a bit. Even for just one day, a positive thought is all she needs to heal her usual pessimistic mentality in her school life.

“Axel…” like they say, no one would ever forget their first kiss as Charlotte’s finger touching her own soft lips…