- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This story has been started in response to a challenge. If the challenger likes it i might continue it, but at the moment i am working on the next chapter of Omn Ranhrado, so don't expect much.
 

Sirens were blaring and lights were flashing. Everyone was scrabbling to figure out what was going on. Harvey Frenor collected the data from the computer he was manning and briskly headed for the boardroom, where he knew the officers would discuss what was going on. He weaved his way through the many people dashing about like chickens with their heads cut off. The door was open when he arrived and people were taking orders left and right while “techs” tried to interpret data streaming onto their radar systems.

Sargent Major Thomas watched the techs impatiently. Harvey quickly surveyed his chances of surviving asking a question of the Sargent. He decided his chances were good enough and asked, “What's it look like?”

The Sargent glanced up and nodded a greeting. “It's off the charts, whatever it is,” he muttered in a gruff voice. “The radars say that it is massive, 'bout 1,200,000,000,000 cubic feet, and not only that, but its moving fast. It will be on us in 'bout fifteen minutes, if we are lucky.”

“Do we have conformation on those readings?” Harvey ventured to ask.

“No. And we better hope to dear God they are wrong.” A monitor on the wall blinked out of a sleeping state. Video-feed began playing from somewhere outside the island's shores. It showed a ship that easily fit the billion cubic feet estimate.

Harvey saw a few jaws drop and heard someone whisper, “how many people do you think would fit on that ship?”

The Sargent lashed out at that whisperer. “Who knows, but are you gonna just stand there and whisper about maybes?” Then he addressed everyone. “I need people working. We need to get some sort of defense down the wherever the ship will land in case they aren't friendlies!” And everyone was back to rushing around. A voice sounded over the loud speaker calling “Code Red”.

Within ten minute the muster call had brought about 1000 armed soldiers down to the shore. Harvey continued watching the monitor, waiting for the confrontation. To the horror of all of Terra, a docking system of the ship opened and out stepped a woman. She was not ordinary woman though; she was about 60 ft tall, out doing most of the trees in the vicinity.

She looked out over the island and, by the looks of it, could see ever part of it. She spoke out in clear Terranian. “WE WILL NOT ATTACK IF IT IS NOT NECESSARY! WE WISH TO SPEAK TO A REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR PEOPLE. IN AN HOUR, YOU WILL SEND THIS PERSON TO ME. IF YOU DO NOT, WE WILL ATTACK, AND YOUR COUNTRY WILL FALL.” With that she sat down, on the shore, and eyed the 1000 soldiers before her.

The Sargent turned away from the monitor. “Find me Tesla.”

The objections started. “But sir, she is unstable. She is just as likely to start a war then she is to stop one.”

The Sargent glared at everyone. “She is the only one who has enough balls or lack of sense enough to do it. It is either send her and have a fifty-fifty shot at not going to war, or send no one and just go to war, because that is what the monster promised would happen.”

Murmurs still circled about the room, and the Sargent rolled his eyes. “Fine. Someone step forward. Show us that you can go out there and speak with the monster. I personally will applaud you.”

Everyone looked around as if to size up each other. Harvey thought they would start resorting to a childish nose-game method of choosing who goes. But then no one had so little pride that they could just say aloud that they were too scared to do it. Everyone just pretended that they would give the highly sought opportunity to someone else.

The Sargent turned to Harvey. “Would you go get her. You guys go back, don't you?”

Harvey nodded and left. Tesla had her own hallway that led to her tiny quarters. Nobody wanted to live anywhere near her. The door was unlocked, as was expected of Tesla. Harvey walked in to find her face down on her bed, snoring louder than most of his bunk-mates. He did not bother to be polite, he just scooped her up and threw her over his shoulder.

“Hey,” she complained. “Whatcha think yur doin'?” She kneed him in the stomach hard enough to make him collapse. “Harv? Why you throwin' me over yur shoulder like that? Why not just wake me?”

“Your kidding, right? It would take an hour to wake you, I would still get kneed in the stomach if I did, and the fact is that we have a national emergency, in which you are needed. I am not surprised that your slept through the sirens.”

“Half the time those things go off its 'cause the Sarg has to blow'is nose. Like I care.”

Harvey had to tow the woman back to the boardroom. “Did you not hear me say national emergency?”

“Oh, I heard that, but aren't I like the last resort sort of person?”

“This is a last resort sort of moment.”

They were back at the boardroom, and room was silent as the Sargent explained to Tesla what was going on. At last he was finished. “So what do you say?” he asked her, apprehensively.

She was staring at the monitor in wonder. “That's a giantess?” she asked. The Sargent nodded, clearly becoming impatient. “Cool.” Those who did not know Tesla drew in their breaths in surprise. She shrugged it off, quite calm. Although she never drank, Tesla was almost always in a state of natural drunkenness. She was not tipsy and she did not slur her words, but she did not have a fear that was natural to most people. She found things exciting and wild, instead of horrifying and grotesque.

“So you will go?”

“Sure thing. How much time do we have 'cause I would prefer a shower before I go.” Again people sucked in their breaths, surprised by her ignorance of the urgency of the matter.

“You can shower when you get back, if you get back.”

She sighed. “Well then what are we waiting for?”

The Sargent squeezed the bridge of his nose. “Harvey, please get a team together and escort her to the monster.”

Harvey nodded and towed Tesla out of the room. Five minutes later they were on the road and Tesla was being equipped with a head set that would connect her to Harvey and the boardroom. She refused to put on any armor but accepted the nine millimeter. They arrived at the giantess with seventeen minutes to spare.

“Wait, you guys said I did not have time to shower. Why are we so early?” Tesla slumped over in her seat. Harvey groaned.

“The earlier we are the less chance they will change their mind and just start attacking.”

“Three minutes is no big deal.” She hopped out of the truck and started marching towards the giantess.

Sensing her coming the giantess looked up. “Are you here to represent the people of this country?” She placed her hand on the ground, inviting Tesla to get on. Tesla climbed on after some grumbling and was lifted to the giantess' face. “Please answer now.

“I don't really know. I was sent here to talk to you and that was all I was told. If that makes me the representative of Terra, then we are one doomed nation.”

You have so little confidence in yourself?

“It is not a question of confidence, I am just not that great at getting along with new people. I must say that being up here is pretty cool.”

Get comfy, for you might be up here for a while. I am here to discuss the evacuation of your people from this island.

“Really, 'cause that won't go over too well with the Sarg.”

It is that or we attack your island and kill most of your people, the rest being sold into slavery.”

Tesla blinked up at her. “Give me a sec'.” She clicked a button on her headset, and a line was opened to the boardroom. “Hey, Sarg. Should I tell her to fuck off?”

“WHAT?! Do no such thing. Just stall for a while until we can get more troops on their way to the shore.”

“Seriously. That's the plan? Whatever.” She cut the line and addressed the giantess. “So... whats yur name?”

I don't see the point in telling you my name.

“Come on. I am trying to do some friendly negotiating and you won't ever tell me yur name. Geez. Well even if yur not polite, I will tell you mine. I am Tesla FairRaven.”

Rinmar the 8th.”

“See. There ya go. Simple as that. Now where are ya from?”

“You're stalling, aren't you.”

“No, actually. This is just the way I am. That's why I said that I am an awful representation of our nation. Hey, that rhymes.”

I must say that you are quite the amusing little being.”

“If that is condensation, it is not appreciated.”

It wasn't truly meant as such, but there is not reason why I could not be condescending.

“Bigger does not make you better. In fact, often times bigger is worse, like a score in golf.”

The giantess laughed. “You are a riot! I think I shall keep you if it comes to that. Or maybe even if it doesn't.”

Tesla was about to object, but at that point a charge occurred. The original 1000 soldiers plus a rallied 2000 others attacked the giantess at once. Guns fired and not two seconds later was the beach stormed by twenty other giant women. Rinmar backed up into the ship, Tesla in tow.

Harvey watched as the giantess carry Tesla into the enemy ship with despair. They had truly sent Tesla to her doom. The 3000 soldiers were quickly diminished to only 250, give or take. He shouted for retreat, having only injured two of the giant beings. He felt his heart lift slightly when the giant beings did not pursue.

During the assault the towns closest to the beach were evacuated. There were no Terrans within a mile of the beach other than those who were retreating away from the fight. And thus began the invasion of the giantesses.