- Text Size +
ENORMO ENTERPRISES
10:35 AM
THE OFFICE OF DR. MAXIMILLIAN E MUMFORD
-----------------------------------------------------

It was another casual Wednesday morning for the head engineer of Enormo Enterprises, one middle aged grizzly man by the name of Dr. Maximillian E Mumford. Usually he would be shuffling his way into work in a haste, shoving aside anybody unfortunate enough to be in his path, not stopping to gaze or make conversation with anyone.

Today however the Doctor seemed to be in an oddly good mood. In fact it had been about a month of good moods for the otherwise cantankerous Doctor. His plans had taken shape and despite a few setbacks, he felt poised to finally take the next step on a few fronts. Of course he would need to deal with a pesky budgeting meeting later that afternoon. He had put those off for only so long.

Still, Dr. Max was content to simply sit at his computer and begin working on a new schematic -- a way to further improve his robots, known as Maximites -- incredible machines capable of changing size and shape. Each iteration seemed to improve in some significant way -- and despite his last mech falling at the hands of his hated rival ShrinkGirl, he was confident that in time, it wouldn't happen again.

"Hmmm, speaking of ..." the studious doctor noted, glancing over at a monitor (one of the many in his setup) "...she's early"

Doctor Max was of course noting the flashing "INTRUDER ALERT" as it came blinking across his screen in large bold red text. Strangely, the Doctor was content to simply let it continue on with its warning, doing very little to activate any defenses. In fact, it was almost as though there were hardly any defenses at all ...

Elsewhere in the doldrums of the mechanical mecca, a tiny superheroine known as Alexis Cole was making a dramatic dive downward, eyes squinted as she focused on her target well below her. Strangely there didn't seem to be too many defenses activated. She heard only the sound of her fishing reel like grappling hook as more and more line was let out the closer she got to her target.

"Josh, are you there?" Lexi asked, a small apparatus connected to the back of her ear, allowing her to communicate with her friend Joshua James as he monitored the sensitive mission from the comfort of his garage which had slowly turned into a bit of a ShrinkGirl fortress. "I'm getting close to where he's holding the ShrinkMobile but ... it's weird, there's hardly any defenses at all..."

"I agree..." Josh said, although his tone sounded oddly distracted, "I say we fortify the right wall with some extra protection... and ..."

"Josh!" Lexi chirped, landing on a metal girder off to the side as she retracted her grappling hook back into her belt, down on one knee, "are you listening to me or playing D and D online again?"

"I can do both..." Josh replied with a guilty grin.

"Josh!!" Lexi squeaked, regretting her louder tone of voice as she quickly surveyed her surroundings but she didn't see too much save for a security camera slowly moving side to side. It was almost way too quiet in the area. She shook her head as she looked down, it appeared to be a more or less straight shot to the ShrinkMobile if she dove down.

Lexi glanced down one last time, trying to plot out her next few jumps. It looked as though she'd be fine as long as she lapeled down to the beam on her right, then slowly down to the one on her left. A few jumps would easily get her to where she needed to go. She just needed absolute focus and calm.

Unfortunately that wasn't meant to be as a loud BLAST and some even louder clangs threw Lexi off balance and she yelped, grunting as she began to fall. She closed her eyes and focused, growing back to normal size as she fell, hoping to fire off her grappling hook and save herself at the last moment but then it happened ; her falling set off a laser grid, and an alarm began to hum.

Back in his lab, Doctor Max simply sneered and shook his head, "Way too easy..." the Doctor laughed, typing feverently on his computer.

Lexi in a quick panic, fumbled with her slippery but useful "SG" belt buckle, carefully plucking out the "S" and going for the grappling hook to try to swing out of dangers way but she'd find herself quickly detained in a sort of floating fishtank like structure, struggling as her body was locked up from the lower torso to her neck. Struggling uselessly she'd grunt as the door to the secluded room was kicked down by none other than Roxie. She glanced down at the familiar foe from her vantage point but currently had more pressing matters to attend to, such as her capture in the tightening chamber as she noticed a green laser flash across her as if being scanned at a grocery store.

Roxie was of course cogniscent of Lexi's presense but let out only a soft chuckle as she watched the purple and gold clad superheroine struggle while she herself knelt down, peeking at the shrunken ShrinkMobile in curiosity. The car showed many signs of scratches, damage and even a busted headlight but she was remiss to see that her desired target was missing.

Finally, Roxie -- the smug blonde with an affinity for firearms looked up at Lexi with an unamused face.

"Alright, Shrinks, what's the deal?" Roxie asked, as if lecturing the detained brunette.

As if having some kind of control over the machine that had her grasped, Lexi strangely bounced out of it, slinging her grapplng hook precisely at a pipe and swinging herself unceremoniously towards a wall where she'd thud to the ground in pain, thankfully avoiding fall onto (and crushing) the shrinkmobile.

"Smooth..." Roxie sighed, her arms crossed as she still appeared unamused. Such a side was unusual to see from the usual gloating supervillainess.

Lexi quickly recovered, her head shaken as she looked up to see the "fishtank" like machinery had disappeared from view and while Lexi didn't feel anything except for the impact she had just taken, she had to wonder what that machine was even for. It had to have had a more sinister purpose. As Lexi slowly regained her composure, it didn't take too much longer for her to see Roxie charging at her.

"So Shrinks, here to score your ride back, I see" Roxie said, sauntering up to the weakened Lexi with her usual brash attitude, attempting to greet her with a direct punch to the face. Lexi lunged backwards quickly, almost losing her balance again before sticking the landing and remaining upright on her feet.

"Roxie..." Lexi sighed, sounding just as exhausted as her foe, "what the hell are you doing here?"

"Oh ... yknow... thought I'd take the tour..." Roxie quipped sarcastically, now sounding more like her old self as she paced around ShrinkGirl and her tiny purple vehicle on the ground below them. "Maybe hit the gift shop, get some fucking COTTON CANDY!! For fucks sakes why do you THINK I'm here?"

Lexi raised an eyebrow, suddenly putting it together

"Holy shit..." Lexi said, an incredulous smile crossing her face, "You actually DO care..."

As she said that, some thudding could be heard as the increasing volume of metallic legs and claws drew closer. It would appear Enormo had some defenses ready after all, in the form of Max's growing robotic army, but they were slow to arrive, sounding as though taking their time as the ominous noise continued to approach but at a slower pace.

"I don't now what you're talking about..." Roxie replied indignantly, "Can't a girl just raid a science lab without...?"

"You came to save her ..." Lexi said, catching Roxie off guard, "You came to save Rache -- Sugar Rush..."

"I came to go punch that lunatic Mad Max in the face!" Roxie huffed. Lexi actually shrugged a bit in agreement.

"At least that's something we can see eye to eye on..." Lexi said

"Yeah well ..." Roxie sighed, crossing her arms as the sounds of robots approaching grew louder by the moment. "...maybe I WAS trying to save Rush, but that's only because little miss Blue Hair couldn't get the job done ... if she's even still alive right now"

"Little Miss..." Lexi stuttered before the image of Aeris and her ice cold stare returned to her, "...Aeris? From Cybertek?"

"Of course YOU know her ..." Roxie said rolling her eyes, "and thanks to you, she's probably dead or at the very least comatose"

"The hell are you talking about?" Lexi asked

"Do you not watch the news? Geez c'mon, even I stay educated somewhat" Roxie shrugged as a sngle Maximite crossed into the entryway. Roxie blasted it swiftly with a quickly drawn blue tinted pistol, watching as it burst into a puddle of liquid metal, "not now, scumball, we're talking here..."

Lexi watched curiously as the robot was slowly reforming behind Roxie's back but she was also more invested in whatever Roxie had to say about the whereabouts of Aeris, the callous Cybertek agent who had run off with Trevor's files and almost permanently fucked up Lexi's powers in the process.

"What ... happened to her?" Lexi asked

"Fuck if I know..." Roxie sputtered, shooting the robot again and again as it kept trying to reform. This tactic would only work so long as progressively bigger robots started to make their assault on the mechanical room. "Her car was found mangled off the highway ... but the police found no body ... she either got away or ..."

"Or what?" Lexi asked

"Well the fuck do you care anyway?" Roxie asked, jumping over the ferocious houndlike machine as it attempted a chomp of her lower ankle. She'd perform an impressive acrobatic flip before shooting another bullet into the back of its head, only momentarily disabling it.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Lexi sneered as she blocked a laser from an incoming MaxiMech, Max's newer model of machine that acted more like a traditional ballistics robot.

Comprised mainly of solid metal, rather than liquid, these sentry bots were bulky and slow but effective with their fast rate of fire, lasers and even homing missiles. Lexi had dealt with an even larger model on her birthday during a battle at the beach but these smaller sentry bots seemed to becoming more common. One thing had become clear. Mad Max was definitely expanding his army.

"All I'm saying..." Roxie said, jumping over the smaller Maximite again as it futilely lunged at her. She'd use the momentary leverage as she smushed its head with her and, firing a few more shots into the chest of the sentry bot to cause it to sputter, "...is everybody around you seems to suffer some destructive fate"

"What?" Lexi snapped, wrestling a Maximite off of her as the fight and discussion continued, "that's not true"

"Really?" Roxie said, dropping her eyebrows dramatically, unfazed by the approach of more robots who seemed to almost wait their turn to crowd into the entrance. "What about ... Rachel? Officer Charlie ... hell, MOST of the Mini Troop ..."

"Officer ... Charlie?" Lexi asked

"The officer who lost his life the night after the bombing on Mini U campus" Roxie tsked, now pulling both guns and firing them in either direction as the smaller robots were beginning to encircle the two ladies.

"That was YOUR fucking bombing!" Lexi snapped, shrinking briefly and catching the electrical lasso of a Maximite before using it to throw the heavy creature into some air-ducts, "and YOU killed the officer!"

"But I wouldn't have HAD to if you didn't interfere..." Roxie tsked, "the point is, little Ms Cheerypants ... anybody whos involved in your life somehow gets hurt or dead or shrunk or .... all of the above! You're a liability..."

"Says the one who kills and steals for a living..." Lexi sneered, finally doing what she should've done the whole time and shrinking herself again, jumping into the Shrinkmobile and trying desperately to start the damaged vehicle. She let out a great sigh of relief as the mini car whirred to life, even as the engine sounded a bit rough.

"All I'm saying is ..." Roxie started, before noticing Lexi had dropped out of view, "Oh for fucks sake ... yeah ditch me like you ditch everyone ..."

Roxie jumped out of the way as ShrinkGirl's car suddenly took on the size of an actual car, growing back in a flash as she drove over some of the charging Maximites, shrinking the car to slip between the legs of the imposing mech, causing Roxie to give chase.

Lexi looked dejectedly at her rearview mirror, seeing only Roxie's ankles and black boots as they thudded behind her, causing large tremors on the already rough stretch of metal that the ShrinkMobile drove on.

"...she's totally tailgating me right now..." Lexi sighed, trying to floor it but she had very little time as a pair of slender giantess fingers found their way onto either side of the purple car, threatening to crash the already fragile frame with her grip. "Roxieeeee...! What the fuck are you doing?"

"Do you know how fast you were going, Ms Shrink?" Roxie chuckled as the mayhem continued to develop behind her while she held Lexi and her little toy sized car in her malicious fingertips, "Heh, I've always wanted to say that"

"Roxie, stop fucking around!" Lexi squeaked, "you're going to get us both killed...!"

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" Roxie sneered, her interested blue eye simply dwelling on the tiny driver.

"Oh yes... I'd love it ..." Lexi sighed, "now put me down and ..."

"On one condition" Roxie said, matter of factly, blasting another Maximite with her drawn pistol with her other hand. The more impressive thing about her shot is that she didn't even look as she hit the robot. "You grow the car back and get me a lift out of here!"

"The fuck? No way ...!" Lexi squeaked defiantly "You got yourself into this mess -- now get yourself out! Besides don't you have a motorcycle or something?"

"That's ... the purple vixen ..." Roxie sighed, shaking a Maximite off her leg in annoyance, "and yes ... but hey ... wheels and wheels and if I'm not leaving here in one piece, neither are you ... now whattaya say Shrink?"

Before Lexi could respond further she'd hear the crunching of metal as Roxie continued to squeeze.

"Okay okay fine!!" Lexi squeaked, annoyed, "put the car down and you can come with ..."

"I call SHOTGUN!" Roxie taunted, putting ShrinkGirls car down on the ground as she fired a pistol shot behind herself and between the legs, snapping off the arms of a couple encroaching sentry drones.

Meanwhile, while Max was satisfied with how his plan was going, he was perplexed at the appearance of the biker looking girl with the messy blonde hair and the twin pistols. He had familiarized himself with her and knew of her methods all too well. After all, he HAD hired her, indirectly to steal a certain cookie recipe. Still, she was proving to be more trouble than she was worth to the callous Doctor.

"Deploy more Maximites to Sector A234!" Max announced over a loud speaker so that Roxie and Lexi could hear as Lexi grew her car back, the vehicle barely fitting in the wide corridor as Roxie squeezed in the passenger seat.

"Geez, now look what you did..." Roxie shrugged, "You got his attention"

"Yeah, clearly this is MY doing..." Lexi sighed, adjusting her mirrors a bit as Roxie looked back with a bit of panic.

"Shrink what the fuck are you waiting for? Floor it!" Roxie groaned

"Uh... I'm waiting for YOU..." Lexi sighed, glancing over at her begrudging passenger. "Seat belt?"

"Oh for fucks sake..." Roxie sighed, strapping in, "there, you happy?"

"Not really..." Lexi sighed, finally hitting the gas on the Shrinkmobile and making a beeline for an exit, but where to find one?

"You got any snacks in here?" a restless Roxie asked, poking through the glove compartment. Lexi looked over annoyed but also was concerned to see the glove compartment was completely empty. That wasn't a good sign but she didn't have time to dwell on it. "Anyways ... take a left coming up..."

Lexi raised an eyebrow but did as she said, only to be greeted by the sight of a larger MaxiMech as it turned, a single glowing red camera staring down at the larger than life target.

"Hold on..." Lexi groaned, her hand firmly planted on the car's "SHRINK" shift

"For what?" Roxie asked, not sure what to expect but she'd soon find out as Lexi shifted "down" shrinking the car under the robot and therefore giving her more room to navigate, "Not a bad trick ... if not a bit predictable ..."

"You're one to talk" Lexi shrugged, "now where to next?"

"2 more hallways on the right ... there should be a car port we can get through..." Roxie said, kicking the seat of the car back inconsiderately so she was practically reclining into the backseat.

"Okay..." Lexi said, again, glancing over at Roxie annoyed, "could you NOT do that?"

"Geez, you always such a stick in the mud?" Roxie sighed, returning the seat to its usual position, "Oh wait, I already know the answer..."

"Can you just ...?"

"EYES ON THE ROAD!" Roxie yelped, as a Maximite stood in their path.

Usually no bigger than a duck or dog, the robot appeared to be a Godzilla like creature in the cars current state. Lexi acted fast and swerved between its legs before continuing to drive, enlarging the car slowly as she saw more room to fit.

"How do you know this place so well anyway?" Lexi asked

"I do my homework..." Roxie shrugged, "unlike you"

"Hey, I have a guy ..." Lexi replied

"Oh your little science geek friend?" Roxie chuckled, peering back once in a while to see if the coast was clear, "yeah silly me ... you clearly have it ALL under control..."

"Could you just not...?" Lexi snapped, before realizing her chance to escape was slowly slipping away watching as a garage door just ahead of her was slowly closing. While smashing through it could be an option, she really didn't want to risk further damaging her ShrinkMobile. Instead she took Roxie's earlier advice and "floored it" in order to slip under the garage door just in the nick of time as a tardy gathering of Max's robots all arrived at the scene too late.

"Damn it!!" Max shrieked, slamming his fists down on the console, only to attract the attention of his colleague and current assistant, Dr. Giovanni Guillardo as he slowly approached the open lab.

Try as he might, the Doctor, best known for studying interdimensional sciences couldn't help but notice the focus on most of the monitors. One had schematics for ShrinkGirls captured car. Another one had a magnified image of ShrinkGirl's belt with various features highlighted. In fact most of the monitors subtly told the tale of a madman obsessed with a singular objective, the most concerning of all were the schematics of Giovanni's own portal inducer but appearing bigger and bigger each time, as if iterations of the same prototype.

"What is wrong, Max?" Giovanni asked confused.

"Hmmmm..." Dr. Max thought to himself, trying to best frame the recent occurence, "Tell me something, Doctor..."

With that, Dr. Max pressed a button on his console which replayed the past few minutes of security footage from the point that Roxie and Lexi had broke out of the lab by driving a car through some of his mech and out an unauthorized exit to the loading dock.

"Does THIS look like a superhero behavior to you?" Max asked, "breaking and entering? Destroying property?"

"Well ... you DID send those robots after her..." Giovanni said, a bit worried that he may have provoked the already angry scientist.

Surprisingly Dr. Maximillian E Mumford was strangely calm in his response.

"Did you happen to notice who was IN the car with her??" Max asked, zooming in the security footage to show Roxie clowning around in the passenger seat. "Surely you know HER..."

Giovanni let out an audible gulp. He knew Roxie Wright all too well from his time with the Chaos Crew -- a phase of his life he greatly regretted which is why he now felt a tinge of guilt for perhaps unfairly judging Dr. Maximillian who was, in many ways, just doing what he had to do.

"Lexi... ShrinkGirl... is ... friends with ...?"

"I don't know if they're FRIENDS..." Dr. Max said with a slight chuckle, "but clearly they are ... accomplices ... birds of a feather they say ... just some food for thought is all"

Dr. Giovanni frowned at this strange revelation. Although maybe it wasn't true at all ... maybe the two didn't get along and it was just a coincidence. He found it hard to believe those two could be pals in any way.

________________________

"Fuck yeah!!" Roxie chuckled, offering her open palm for Lexi to high five as the two were clear of the factory now, "awww cmon, don't leave me hanging, Shrinks"

Lexi reluctantly high fived her foe and continued to drive.

"...okay I guess that WAS kinda cool..." Lexi sighed "...although we didn't find Rachel..."

"Maybe she fell between the seats..." Roxie joked, "did you check?"

"Not funny..." Lexi frowned, keeping her eyes sternly on the road as she drove at a more normal pace, going about 40 MPH as the duo approached the highway.

"Well anyways ... thanks for the ride, I guess" Roxie said, cocking one of her guns as if things were just business as usual. "You can just drop me off here if you'd like"

"Here?" Lexi asked, "We're in moving traffic..."

"I said what I said..." Roxie shrugged, already unlocking the door.

"You really are fucking insane, you know that?" Lexi muttered

"Awww Shrink you say the nicest things sometimes..." Roxie smirked, "Now seriously, get ready to close the door because ..."

"You are not serious..." Lexi groaned, glancing over to see her cocky rival was all too serious, aready cracking the door open only to jump out of the moving car with a gleeful shout. Lexi rushed to close the door and continued driving on her way after just swerving a little bit while Roxie lay on the pavement laughing maniacally before rolling onto her side and getting back up.

"...I need some new friends" Lexi sighed