- Text Size +

1.     Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

GTS phobia 

 

"The GTS Phobia club will come to order. First on the agenda, meet our latest member."

 

"Hi guys. My name is Scott Smith, and I have GTS phobia."

 

"We all do pal."

 

"Talk about it buddy."

 

"Alright. You see I lived right next door to Helen."

 

There were gasps from the men. He couldn't mean the 'Helen' could he?

 

"Yes I do mean Helen Dolon, the GTS-Goddess. Although she was not a goddess when she and her family moved in next door. She was a cute girl with brown hair and green eyes. We were neighbours and friends.

 

Then that day in May of 1992, she became a 2000-foot GTS-Goddess. She was so large I could see her from miles away. Even from my position I could see she was wearing a white T-shirt with pink shorts.  Then she started heading my way.

 

As you know I'm afraid of women significantly taller than me. Since I'm six feet tall, it's normally not a problem. But seeing Helen coming closer and closer, I panicked. I ran into my house and hid in my room.

 

Minutes later, I heard her voice.

 

"SCOTT ARE YOU HOME?"

 

I knew deep down, that she wouldn't hurt me. Yet I couldn't bring myself to face her. Then my mom when out to talk to Helen. She must have told her that I was home, because Helen then said.

 

"COME ON OUT SCOTT. I WON'T HURT YOU."

 

My mom then came in and dragged me outside to meet Helen.  She was so big that even sitting down she towered over everything. I wondered if she realized that she was sitting on a few of the neighbour’s homes. Our neighbourhood just wasn't built for 2000-foot women.

 

I just stood there shaking, I wanted to greet her. But thanks to my GTS phobia I couldn't say a word.

 

"WHAT'S WRONG SCOTT?" Helen asked.

 

My mom then decided to answer for me.

 

"He has GTS phobia, a fear of women who are much larger than himself."

 

Tears then came to Helen's eyes.

 

"BUT I HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM."  She cried.

 

Hearing the word 'crush' made me weak in the knees. I then fainted.

 

When I came to Helen was gone.  Except for some long distance sightings I haven't seen her and haven't had the courage to talk to her. It's a shame because I do like her. But the size difference is too great.

 

"I don't know what to do." Helen wailed.

"Care to tell me about it?" Doreen asked.

"It's about Scott Smith. The man I love."

"You still love him?"

"I always cared for him. I even had a crush on him. But thanks to his GTS phobia he was afraid of me. He fainted when I told him that I had a crush on him. I thought I had killed him. Fortunately his mother checked on him and told me that he was still breathing. But from that day on, I knew I couldn't force myself on him."

"That was years ago. What's the problem now?" Doreen asked.

"Last Saturday I was back in my hometown, when I saw a wedding in a distance. I decided to take a closer look. To my surprise it was the wedding of Scott to a girl I didn't know. When I saw her in his arms and saw them kiss, a wave of jealously came over me. It took all my willpower not to crush her. I ended up running away in tears."

"Glad you didn't hurt her."

"What I'm I going to do Doreen? If I kill her, my gentle goddess reputation suffers. Even worst, Scott would hate me, for the rest of his life. Besides it wouldn't give me what I really want."

"Which is?" Doreen asked.

"I want to hold him in my arms without the risk of crushing him. Guess what I'm trying to say there are times I want to be the same size he is. "

"Afraid you're asking for the impossible." Doreen replied. "Personally I would love the power to change size. I feel like I'm talking to a little girl, with you in my lap."

"Little! I'm 2,000 feet tall."

"So what! I'm 6,000 feet tall."

"But seriously what I'm going to do about Scott and his new bride?" Helen asked.

 "Afraid there's no easy answers. Other than talking to them about your feelings, I have no advice." Doreen replied.

  

Beth pulled into the parking lot of the call center of where she worked. She was a beautiful brunette.   Suddenly a huge shadow came over the parking lot. Looking up, Beth could she that it was Helen and she was looking straight at her.

 

"SO YOU’RE THE MAN STEALER." Helen cried.

 

"Scott married me under his own free will. You have no claim over him." Beth replied.

 

"HE BELONGS TO ME." Helen then brought her foot down. Beth barely managed to dodge out of the way. This went for several minutes. Then Helen changed tactics; she reached down and grabbed Beth. Beth tried to resist, but at 5'8" she was no match for a 2,000-foot goddess.

 

"Put me down." Beth demanded.

 

"I will, right into my stomach." Helen then dropped Beth right into her mouth. She tried to escape but the mouth was too slippery. Beth screamed as she slid down Helen's throat.

 

"Beth wake up! You're having a nightmare."

Beth opened her eyes and discovered that she was in her bedroom.

 

"What a nightmare. I dreamt that Helen, your ex-girlfriend ate me."

 

Scott frowned. Then he said.

 

"Helen wasn't my girlfriend. True she once had a crush on me. But once she found out about my GTS phobia, she knew any relationship between us was doomed. We're friends and nothing more."

 

"Yeah right! I saw the look in her eyes, when she visited our wedding. It was a look of pure jealously. I was afraid for my life."

 

"You make it sound like Helen is out to get you."

 

"I'm wondering if she still loves you. Loves love enough that she sees me a threat to be removed."

 

"Now look, Helen is a gentle GTS-goddess, I doubt that she's jealous of you or wants to hurt you. Besides it's our honeymoon, let's focus on us. "

There the matter rested until a few days later, when Beth nearly choked on her coffee while reading the paper. An article on the Doreen/ Helen meeting caught her attention. The more she read the paler she became.

Seeing his wife concern Scott asked, "What's wrong honey?"

"Just friends hmm? That's not what it says here."

"What are you talking about?"

"This article on the Goddess meeting yesterday. It says and I quote "It's about Scott Smith. The man I love."  And later on she said, "… It took all my willpower not to crush her."  This proves that Helen still loves you and wants to kill me."

"Let me see that." Scott then grabbed the newspaper from her hands. He frowned as he read the article.

"Never realized she felt that way. Still if she wanted to kill you, she would have done so at the wedding."

"The only reason why she didn't is because she was afraid of killing you."

"I still say that deep down she a gentle GTS-Goddess. Let's hope she follows Doreen's advise and talks to us." Scott told his wife, but under his breath he added. "And hope I don't faint."

  

Beth knew she was going to have a bad day when she saw the reporters outside their door.

"Scott the media are outside our house." She cried.

Scott thought his wife was kidding until microphones were trust into his face.

"What's your reaction to being the love of Helen's life?" One reporter asked him.

"Don't you feel that you're taking a big risk marrying another woman?" Another asked him.

"I have no comments at this time."  Scott replied.

The reporters then focused on his wife.

"What's it like to have a GTS-Goddess as a rival?" They asked her.

"Scary!  Scott thinks that she means us no harm. I'm not so sure." Beth replied.

"Please leave us alone." Scott then slammed the door in the reporter’s faces.

"That was rude."

"I just want us to be left alone." Scott whined.

 

Suddenly the ground began to shake. Helen had arrived.

"PLEASE LEAVE." She told the reporters. "I WISH TO HAVE A PRIVATE CHAT WITH SCOTT AND BETH."

"But we have a right to know." The reporters whined.

"OUT!" Helen cried. Getting the hint the reporters fled the scene.

 

"Wish I could run away." Scott muttered.

 

"WHY?" Helen asked.

 

"Nuts she heard me."

"NEVER HAVE TROUBLE HEARING YOU. BUT YOU DIDN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION. SPEAKING OF QUESTIONS, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT YOU WERE GETTING MARRIED?"

 

"I didn't think of it. I thought about contacting you but then I met Beth. I never dreamt you still loved me."

 

Helen then noticed the crowd gathering around her.

 

"IT'S GETTING A LITTLE TOO CROWED AROUND HERE. LET'S GO SOMEWHERE MORE PRIVATE." Helen then placed her hand on the ground.

“There's no way I'm getting on that hand." Scott cried.

 

"Ditto for me."

 

"WOULD YOU RATHER I TAKE THE WHOLE HOUSE?" Helen asked.

 

"Since you put it that way. Let's go." Beth then led her husband to Helen's waiting hand. With great reluctance the couple climbed aboard. Helen then raised her hand to chest level and started walking.

Scott was terrified. Being near Helen was enough to make him nervous. Being in the palm of her hand really scared him. So much so that he was unable to answer when Helen asked if he was all right.

"He's terrified." Beth answered for him.

"DARN THAT GTS PHOBIA. WELL WE'RE ALMOST THERE."

 

There turned out to be in the middle of the countryside. The only sign of civilization was being some farms in the distance.

 

"HERE WE GO. EVERY ONE OFF." Helen then laid her hand on the ground. Scott and Beth were very relieved to be back on solid ground.

 

"I GET THE IMPRESSION YOU TWO DON'T TRUST ME."

“It's not that I don't trust you. It's my darn phobia." Scott replied.

"Speak for yourself Scott. What's from stopping you from killing me?"

Helen laughed.

"KILL YOU! IF I WANTED TO DO THAT, I WOULD HAVE DONE SO ALREADY. THE TRUTH IS I ENVY YOU."

"You do?" Beth asked Surprise showing in her voice.

"YES. YOU HAVE SOMETHING I CAN NEVER HAVE. YOU CAN HOLD A MAN IN YOUR ARMS WITHOUT WORRYING IF YOU'RE GOING TO HURT HIM. YOU CAN HAVE A MAN IN YOUR BED WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT CRUSHING HIM."

Scott then fainted.

"DARN. I GOT TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT USING THE C WORD AROUND HIM. WELL I WANTED A WOMAN TO WOMAN TALK WITH YOU ANYWAY."

"I do love him, and he did marry me under his only free will."

"I HOPE SO FOR YOUR SAKE. AS I SAID BEFORE, I LOVE HIM. I WANT THE BEST FOR HIM."

"What you're saying."

"I'M SAYING TREAT HIM RIGHT. BE THE BEST WIFE YOU CAN BE. AND REMEMBER THAT I WILL ALWAYS BE A BIT JEALOUS OF YOU."

"Since we're being honest, there are times I envy you. I would love to be an all powerful GTS-Goddess. "

"IT DOES HAVE ITS MOMENTS. BUT IT HAS IT DRAWBACKS, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO DATING. TOO BAD GTS-SPACE IS SO ANTI GIANT MAN."

"Too bad we can't switch places if only for a short time."

"SOMEHOW I DON'T THINK THAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. LOOKS LIKE YOUR HUSBAND IS WAKING UP."

"Did I miss anything?" Scott asked.

"We've come to an understanding." Beth replied.

"That's good to hear. Can we go home now?"

Helen then took the tiny (to her) couple home.

"THERE YOU GO. PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME IN THE FUTURE. "

"We will." Beth and Scott replied.

 

The end for now