- Text Size +
So, there I was - at Providence Place mall with my best friend, Ms Krista Marsh. Krista had been friends with me for a long time, and as such she was quite familiar with my quirky ways, especially when it came to filming movies.

"Do you have to keep filming?" she sighed, watching in frustration as I continued to film using my new camera - a small black digi cam I had just won from ebay.

"It's posterity" I beamed, continuing to video the area around me, "and you know how I feel about posterity"

We walked around a bit further when we suddenly crossed paths with a blonde girl with pretty eyes. I wasn't sure of her name (am I ever?) but she gave me a sort of flirty look as we passed. I slowed down a bit, briefly pointing the camera at her, getting an agitated glare back from Krista.

"What?" I said, half laughing as she continued to glare at me, "you ALSO should know how I feel about hot girls"

"Yeah I know" she chuckled, "I was kidding... you should ask her out"

This time, it was me that was laughing.

"I'm serious" Krista said, "You should go ask her out"

"Well, she's gone now, so it doesn't matter" I said, dumbfounded.

"Well I think if you see her again, you should ask her out" Krista said, "deal?"

"Fine" I sighed, hoping we wouldn't run into that same girl again. "Oh, hey get a picture of me over here"

"What? Over there?" Krista scoffed, "What's so great about over there?"

"I don't know" I shrugged, "it'd be a good establishing shot... go ahead, take a picture"

"Hold on," Krista said, taking the camera from me and trying to play with the settings, "I'm trying to get this onto picture mode"

"You should just have to slide the thing over" I said.

"Oh yeah..." Krista said, and then gave me a brief smile, "okay, say cheese"

"I never understood that but whatever" I sighed, "cheese"

Krista snapped the picture and I was suddenly consumed with a bright flash. I stumbled back suddenly, feeling woozy and rubbing my head which suddenly ached. I looked at Krista who appeared to be spinning along with the rest of the mall.

"Bob? Are you okay?" Krista asked in a very concerned tone. I wanted to answer her but I was at a loss for words. I had never felt like this before.

"Wh-Whats happening to me?" I shouted, noticing something odd, "a-are you growing?"

"No... you're shrinking!" Krista gasped.

"What?!" I gasped, looking down at my hands and feet and the floor which seemed to be getting closer. "No, please, stop it!"

"I can't!" Krista cried, and started toggling around with the camera to fix it.

"Maybe you put the batteries in wrong or something" I screamed, feeling myself shrinking smaller and smaller.

"I... I don't know!" Krista repeated, looking down at the camera and then lower down at me, as I was now only a foot tall, and still shrinking.

"Well do something!!" I screamed, feeling incredibly panicked, "I'm still shrinking!!"

"Well obviously youre still shrinking..." Krista sighed, and finally gave up on the camera altogether, watching as I finally shrank down to my final size -- about 3 inches high.

I gasped and took a good long look around me. The carpet appeared to be several acres wide and my once short friend - who we would occasionally refer to as Krista Marsh - was huge in comparison, and I felt myself growing more afraid by the second. What if I had to stay this way forever?

I look up at Krista now, my lip quivering in fear as Im helpless to watch my giant friend pick me up and keep me securely in her palm.

"Bob, you okay?" she asked. I slowly nodded.

"I'm... still alive, but... what the hell?" I squeaked, "how did this happen to me?"

"How should I know?" Krista asked, her voice sounded panicked again. "I didn't build the camera..."

"She didn't build the camera..." I mumbled under my breath, pacing around on her hand as I felt myself getting angry.

"What was that?" Krista chuckled, "I could easily squish you right now, just saying"

"Please don't" I said, giving her a meek smile, "I'd rather enjoy not being squished"

"I thought so" Krista smiled.

"Well what are we going to do now?" I sighed, "I've never been more scared in my life"

"Isn't that what you said when you got your hand caught in that blender last week?" Krista asked.


"Well yeah but admittedly, the hospital service was very quick... and the nurse was very nice" I sighed.

"Did you ask HER out?" Krista asked.

"She was 30!" I replied.

"Excuses, excuses..." Krista sighed.

"Okay, this doesn't help us!!" I sighed, "we need to figure something out"

"That we do" Krista said, before putting the camera next to me, "hey look Bob, you're smaller than the camera!"

"Okay enough!" I cried, "this is so embarassing, please help me!"

"Okay okay, calm down..." Krista said, "looks like this is a sony camera... there's a sony store in the mall, maybe they'll know whats up?"

"Oooh, I always knew this would come down to Sony..." I growled, "damn sony..."

"You never quite got over that whole dreamcast thing, did you?" Krista asked.

"I really did not..." I replied.

----At The Sony Store-----

"What do you mean there's nothing you can do?" Krista asked the person behind the desk.

"I'm sorry but Sony's policy is very clear" the cashier answered and referred us to a large plaque on the wall.

The plauqe read:

Sony cannot be held responsible for anyone adversely affected or shrunk by our cameras.

I let out a great sigh, now resting in Krista's pocket.

"Well this isnt SO bad..." Krista said, now holding me in her hands as she sat on a bench.

"Not so bad?" I gasped, "I'm STUCK this way!! What the hell? Look at me, Krista! How am I gonna go through life like this?"

"Hey, how was I supposed to know the camera was cursed?" Krista said, "that's what you get for buying ebay!"

I gave her a frown.

"Aw, hey, it's gonna be okay" Krista said, "I know, we'll stop at the toy store, I'll even buy you a dollhouse"

"A dollhouse?" I asked.

"Well yeah, you'll need somewhere to stay, yknow, now that youre little" Krista said.

"But I don't wanna be little!" I cried.

"It's gonna be fine" Krista said reassuringly.

*At the toy store*

"How about this one, Bob?" Krista asked, "its a raised ranch..."

"I do like raised ranches..." I muttered, looking over the dollhouse, "and... hey wait a minute! I don't want to be looking at dollhouses... I mean, what if I'm only small for another day?"

Krista then gave me a small frown as she glanced down at me.

"What?"

"Bob, we don't know how long this is gonna last... it might only be a day or it may be permanent" she said.

I frowned.

"Okay..." I sighed, "I guess I'll go with the raised ranch..."

"K" Krista smiled and with that, we were off.

Now, this whole thing would've seemed embarassing enough -- yknow, shrunk down to pint size in front of my best friend and all, but no, it got worse -- much worse.

"Hey, isn't that the girl we saw from earlier?" Krista said, pointing down the alleyway where I was able to make out the cutie from before. Sure enough, it was her. I look up at Krista nervously.

"Okay, what about her?" I asked.

"Well, didn't we say you were gonna try to ask her out?" Krista asked.

"Oh c'mon!" I cried, "look at me, I can't ask her out like THIS!"

"C'mon, Bob, you're just a little shy" Krista said, bringing me closer. I instantly began to grow nervous.

"Krista, I'm not a little shy... Im just little!" I gasped, watching the girl grow larger and larger as I got closer up.

"Aw, why can't you ask her out?" Krista asked again, slowing down now.

"I don't know... because she's like 100 feet tall!" I shouted.

"What? You don't like taller women?" Krista asked.

"Well... I... everyone's taller to me now!!" I said.

"So what's the big deal then?" Krista said and then did something I didn't expect. She set me down on the floor by her feet, "now c'mon, go talk to her at least"

"You're serious..." I shuddered, taking one last look up at my best friend. Krista nodded. I took a step forward, walking carefully towards the giantess before me. I took a deep breath and nearly turned around but decided I may as well.

She's still chatting with some friend of hers so my words are barely audible. I struggle to shout up to her but she keeps talking as if nothing's even happened. I hung my head.

I gently tugged on her pant leg and as if by a reflex, her ankle flinched, sending me backwards. I let out a small yelp and I heard her voice thundering down on me.

"Hello?" she said, "is someone down there?"

"Uh...hi!" I stuttered, getting up, trying to retain whatever dignity I had left as this massive hot girl looked me over, smiling as if she was about to laugh. She gently lifted me up with 2 fingers clenched tightly around me.

"Ha, wow, look at you" she laughed. Her laughter made me uneasy.

"Yeah uh... I uh... couldn't help but notice you uh... gave me a kind of look earlier..." I chuckled, continuing to feel nervous as her eyes burned into me. "yknow, kinda like you were flirting..."

"Well yeah" she chuckled, still keeping her eyes fixated on me, "I was..."

"So then you're interested in me?" I asked.

"Well, I mean, I WAS" she said.

"What do you mean?"


"Well, look at you!!" she laughed, "you're only a few inches high"

"So?" I squeaked.

"So... I can barely SEE you, let alone date you" she laughed, "but y'know what, youre kinda cute, so I'll give you this much"

She then raised me up while I was on her hand and gave me a kiss, pressing her lips against me. She then handed me back to Krista who was standing nearby and kept laughing. I frowned.

"Well, at least you got a kiss" Krista chuckled nervously. I was mad at first, but she did have a point.

And so, that's how the day went... just a regular old trip to the...

"hey!" I gasped, noticing Krista who snapped my photo again while I sat in the cup holder of my car.

"What?" Krista smiled, "gotta love posterity"

I sighed and leaned back in the cup holder.

Everyone's a comedian...