- Text Size +
Story Notes:
1HS
"Ok, everyone, let's take roll!" Mrs. Lenne called to the students crowded before her. They had all been preparing to take a school trip to a local museum as part of their history finals.

Unfortunately, due to some mysterious chance happenings, there had been a slight change in plans. Instead of boarding the buses, and being on their merry way, Mrs. Lenne's class of 26 students found themselves with a much lower vantage point, after being shrunken to only a fraction of an inch.

Trying to keep both herself and her students nerves calm, Charlotte Lenne decided the best way was to first make sure the group was together, and would stay together in their endeavors. Reading off the list of names and hearing the subsequent, "Here" of the corresponding student relieved much of Mrs. Lenne's stress.

All but one student were present, and the missing student, one Naomi Parker, seemed to be absent anyway. Putting away the list of names, Mrs. Lenne looked over her worried students faces and knew she had to console them over this rather extreme change of plans.

Opening her mouth, she found herself completely unable to speak. Her intent was to calm the students, but she herself was so filled with uncertainty she couldn't bring herself to do it.

A visible look of disappointment seemed to cross the faces of the students as Mrs. Lenne was at a loss for words herself.

Swallowing hard, she faced the students, ready to address them again. She would probably need to lie to them, she realized, but if it helped relieve some of their tension, it would be worth it.

"Now don't worry, I'm sure it won't be very difficult for us to get ourselves a bit of help. Custodians and other teachers check empty rooms all the time, why, I'll bet we don't have to wait longer than an hour to get rescue. We're definitely big enough to be seen from a normal persons height!" She explained, feeling a bit relieved herself over her logical approach to the situation.

As if on cue, the enormous door leading into the classroom began to open.

Mrs. Lenne smiled warmly to her students. "See? What'd I tell you?" She asked rhetorically, glad to see the faces of relief her students now wore.

---

Naomi was tired. She had run to several other classes to pick up missing assignemnts before finally making her way to her currently scheduled class.

"American History with Mrs. Lenne," Naomi moped. Though Mrs. Lenne was a very good teacher, Naomi wasn't the brightest student around by any means, and dreaded going to class for that reason. To make matters worst, she had forgotten her glasses today, and as such would have trouble seeing anything farther than an arms length away. Mrs. Lenne's strange fixation to a classic chalkboard probably would not help either.

Sighing, Naomi shuffled her flip flopped feet down the hall. More than anything, she wanted for class to suddenly be cancelled so she could have some time to relax to herself.

Reaching the door for her class, she was greeted by a piece of white paper taped to the door.

"Field Trip" it said.

Naomi's heart sank. "Class probably WAS canceled today for the field trip, and now I've missed it!" She cried out, and, not knowing of anything else she could do, opened the door slowly.

---

Mrs. Lenne's warm smile faded as she realized the person entering the room was only Naomi, and not a teacher or custodian. That, and though she couldn't quite put her finger on it, Naomi looked... different than normal.

Snapping her finger in realization, Mrs. Lenne's eyes lit up as she remembered that Naomi normally wore glasses!

"Wait... Naomi normally wears glasses..." Mrs. Lenne thought. A worried look crossed her face as she turned to her students.

A small portion of them were missing.

Almost screaming in fear, Mrs. Lenne looked around and suddenly noticed the group. They were headed directly for Naomi's gargantuan feet. They had probably taken her encouragement about being big enough to see to heart and decided to get Naomi's attention themselves.

Of course, they would only be big enough to see for a person who could see clearly. Who knew how badly Naomi's eyesight would obscure her classmates vying for her attention?

The answer was discovered swiftly as, not breaking stride, Naomi's foot met with the group of roughly five students. They were no match for even the foam of Naomi's flip flop, and were crunched flat instantly.

Mrs. Lenne's jaw dropped as the crunching sound rang through her ears. Just like that, the lives of five high schoolers with a decent future had ended.

Shaking herself back into normality, she immediately ordered all her remaining students to follow her. As she led the students beneath a chair where they would likely not be trod upon, Mrs. Lenne took a quick look at her students and found they were all quite shaken over what had just taken place before them.

As the small group ran as quickly as they could, the floor shaking footsteps could be heard behind them, and getting louder as they approached.

---

Naomi stepped into the empty classroom. The lights were off, though the sunlight outside still made it quite easy to see. Treading lightly into the room, Naomi closed the door silently and surveyed the room devoid of life.

Sighting to herself and not seeing anything better to do, she approached Mrs. Lenne's desk and sat on it. Rocking her legs back and forth, Naomi found she quite enjoyed being in the room with no one else around as she let her sandals slide off her bare feet.

Looking down and wiggling her toes. Naomi hopped off the desk and began made her way to her desk, where she sat down and lay her head down.

"May as well get a small nap in, if nobody's around to bother me." She told herself and closed her eyes.

---

The footsteps approached louder and the shaking of the floor finally got to the better of a student in the back of the group, knocking him over, and, as a result, knocking down another couple students as he fell down on them from behind. The three struggled to stand and resume their escape when the flip flop again barreled down onto them, ending their lives in an unnoticed display of power from Naomi.

Mrs. Lenne continued to lead her students when she saw Naomi step over the remaining students, and raised herself to be even with her desk.

Sensing something bad was about to happen, Mrs. Lenne shouted for her students to turn and retreat, but the order came to late for those who had continued ahead of her as the murderous flip flops made a few more tiny students into victims by dropping down onto them.

This was the end of any semblance of order Mrs. Lenne had over the students. The crushing feet had turned them from humans into panicked ants, and they scurried about, trying to predict Naomi's next movement and avoid it beforehand.

The now barefoot giantess had hopped off the desk, her soles now gaining a red stain as some foolish students had decided to hold their grounds and the desk.

Figuring the best thing to do to save herself was return to the doorway, Mrs. Lenne broke down and finally began to weep over the tremendous losses her class had suffered today.

From her safe vantage point, Mrs. Lenne watched as Naomi, not noticing anything, crushed the remainder of the class as she paced around the room.

Only a minute had passed since she had jumped off the desk, and Mrs. Lenne suddenly found herself to be all alone. Sitting, she brought her knees to her chest and sobbed silently as Naomi returned to her normal seat in the back of the room and lay her head.

---

Naomi found she woke from her sleep naturally after a little more than half an hour of rest. Standing and stretching, she yawned and looked at the clock hanging from the wall.

5 minutes until next class," Naomi thought to herself. "May as well get a headstart so I'm not exhausted by the time I get there."

Returning to the door, she opened it and stepped out into the hall before realizing she had left her shoes in class. Laughing a little, she returned to class and slipped them on, before heading out the door and to her next class.

---

The floor shaking woke Mrs. Lenne from her fatigue induced sleep, and she immediately found herself in the path of a giant, bare foot. Terror ran through her veins as she jumped to the side, feeling the wind rushing from beneath the sole hitting her head on.

Thanking any and every God she could think of over having survived, she began to formulate a plan to rescue at least herself when she was roughly knocked to the ground and pressed flat beneath her students soft sole.

---

Naomi whistled happily as she made her way down the long hallway, leaving a few small red stains on her footprints as she walked.