- Text Size +
Story Notes:
1HS
The world was going to end. Max knew this, from an extremely vivid series of dreams and visions he had. Dreams this vivid couldn't just mean nothing, after all.

Knowing he had a limited amount of time, he set about the Paul Revere-esque task of warning everyone around about the upcoming dangers. He warned of an enormous being, shrouded in shadows crushing homes and people alike beneath its great, stamping feet. Nothing would be spared, and Max warned the people to make their peace with whatever deity they believed in beforehand. People quickly began to take notice of Max's shouts of doom and destruction and reacted in an appropriate manner.

Max was explaining his visions to a small crowd of gathered people when the authorities arrived. Overjoyed at the thought that the police were to assist with everyone fleeing the land, Max ran to greet them with open arms.

His open arms were quickly pulled behind him and cuffed together. He was hauled to the police station where, after checking various record on him, was admitted into a local psychiatric ward.

The bedroom was small and white. Max sat, contemplating the events of the past few days. He tried to be a hero and was being punished for his actions. Surely the world couldn't be this unjust? Trapped in his bedroom he certainly couldn't warn everyone of the danger, and he could feel that, deep inside him, it was coming.

Looking down at the floor, Max devised a plan to break out and return to his noble plan of warning the masses. Committing the plan to memory, he would try to break out during the visiting hours, when security was more lenient.

Sweating with excitement over the thought of breaking out, he reached for the lone glass of water he had been supplied with. An instant before his fingers wrapped around the glass however, a ripple shook through the still surface.

Max's heart skipped a beat and he drew his hand back. Was he imagining things? Perhaps the stillness of the room had gotten to him and he imagined the movement. Figuring this as the most logical explanation, he reached for the glass again and another ripple shook not only the water this time, but the entire glass.

A scream down the corridors of the ward confirmed Max's worst fears and he looked around the room for a way out.

The end of the world was upon him now.

Further screams joined the initial one he had heard and it only took a second before the entire room Max was enclosed in began to shake. Fear overtook Max and he ran to the opposite wall, clawing it, hoping it would give in to his desperate attempts for escape.

With a resounding crash, the door to Max's room was knocked and replaced with an enormous foot cloaked in shadow. Leaning against the opposite wall, Max could sense the being had come to dispose of him first, for trying to save the lives of his fellow man.

Huge fingers descended from above and tore the ceiling of Max's room out and Max could see the being in it's full, terrifying, glory.

It was an enormous woman, though much of her body was still obscured by shadow. Looking as though she had risen from hell, she reached her sharp fingernails down and retrieved Max's prone body.

Lifted to an enormous height, Max was brought to her face and held before it. Though it was obscured by shadows earlier, he could now clearly see her face, and the look of malice painted upon it, which soon twisted into an inhumanly wicked smile.

Though her mouth was terrifying in it's size alone, the huge fangs her lips had held back brought Max's horror to new heights. She licked her lips and her huge, forked tongue came within inches of Max's form.

Afraid of being consumed by this monstrosity for what would amount to as less than a snack, Max backed up and looked over the palm, to see if there was anything below him to jump to.

Much like his view from ground level, he found his view from above made anything below her waist to be obscured by thick shadows.

A loud growl shook Max and he looked back to the she-devil's face. With a start, he realized her eyes had no pupils, and had an unearthly glow about them. The being seemed pleased that she had his attention, and reached to the Earth with her other arm.

Looking over her hand again, he saw the arm begin to dissolve into shadow before disappearing completely as it moved below the waistline.

The cacophony of screams that Max had already began to forget about grew in volume sharply, and the opposite hand rose from the ground with a small crowd of people. They were all doctors and nurses, and wore white, a stark contrast to her shadowy form.

Max watched in fright as she opened her mouth above the mass of humanity her palm contained. The forked tongue slipped out again, and a deal of saliva dripped from the teeth and tongue alike, onto the doomed staff.

Placing her palm to her mouth, she tilted upwards. The crowd of humanity slipped between the lips and the screams increased in volume as their voices bounced off the inside of the wall.

Max tried to cover his hears, but still heard the enormous, wet, swallow all too clearly. Shaking his head he looked back at the being in whose hand he was held.

She wore a look of disappointment, apparently having seen him cover his ears over her snack. She lowered him back to ground level, before her bared feet.

Max was almost relieved when it seemed the enormous figure had taken mercy on him. He was placed between her huge feet, and looking up, Max only saw the faint outline of her glowing red eyes above.

Wasting no time, Max bounded through the now empty hallways of the psychiatric ward. When he was sure he had been spared a grisly fate, his body was covered in shadow and he found himself pressed to the floor. Though she looked like a demon straight from hell, the foot was deceptively soft, and pressed into him firmly. Crying out, Max hoped he would be rescued from being turned into another blood stain on her enormous sole.

No help came, and Max accepted his fate. He mercifully passed out from the pressure only a moment later.

---

"So he's ok then?" A worried nurse asked.

"Yes he's quite alright, not sure how it happened but he was somehow under his bed kicking, when it collapsed and fell onto him. It's really nothing at all, just a scratch here and there." a gray haired doctor explained.

"I heard him screaming something about the world ending, so I guess this ones gonna get some good old SC, eh?" A second nurse asked.

"Yes, I don't think much else can be done for the poor soul." the doctor replied, adjusting his glasses.