- Text Size +
Story Notes:
1HS
The world is filled with several large and bustling cities. One known through the lands as being the largest was Trysa City. It's incredible size had earned it the honor being named the worlds first, "Mega-Metropolis". The sprawling city was, in a thing of beauty that was only accentuated by the advanced technology the city ran on. At any given time, the streets were teeming with people, and the sun shone brightly over the huge city.

Miles away, on the shore of the nearby ocean stood a tall, lovely brunette girl named Jessica. She had come to this island to relax and maybe have some fun, but her friends had gotten sick, likely from something they had eaten, and now Jessica had the day to herself.

With a sigh she looked out over the expansive ocean. She hoped that something exciting could happen today, to make up for not being able to hang out with her friends.

The waves lapped at Jessica's toes as the tide moved slowly inward. A look of disgust crossed her face as even her stare into the endless ocean was being cut short.

Turning and walking away, Jessica almost stomped as she made her way up the shore and came to the thick line of trees. In frustration, she extended her foot and kicked the nearest tree.

To her great surprise, Jessica found her foot pass straight through the tree, and, not prepared for the shift in her weight, lost her balance and fell.

Crawling backwards in shock, Jessica briefly wondered if what she thought just happened actually did. Looking around she only saw the private yacht her parents used to bring her to this secluded island.

Curiosity gripped her completely, and Jessica decided to test her luck again. Extending her index finger slowly, she again saw that her finger passed through the tree, rather than bumping into it.

The tree wasn't solid.

Jessica tried to wrap her mind around it, but found she simply couldn't. Technology wasn't advanced enough to allow for holograms, and she wasn't hallucinating as best she could tell.

Taking in her surroundings again and confident there was no one nearby to admit it was all a clever trick, Jessica took to sliding her head through the tree, to see what lie inside it.

Jessica's eyes widened in complete surprise. On the other side of the tree lie an entire bustling civilization. An incredible town filled with people hidden behind a fake tree.

It was almost like something out of a fairy tale, but that wasn't even the most unusual part. The city, and everything contained within, was like a miniature version of itself. People who had been minding their own business only seconds earlier now ran and screamed in mind numbing terror.

Feeling that she needed to see more, Jessica stood and, taking a deep breath, stepped through the tree.

Her right foot landed upon the roads below, crushing several cars and the people contained within. Her left foot soon followed suit, coming through the tree a second later and ending more tiny lives beneath it.

"I can't believe it. An entire miniature civilization hidden on my parents private island!" Jessica said as she admired the level of detail on the tiny buildings at her shins.

Stopping for a moment Jessica realized that if these people were unknown to the world at large, they were at her complete mercy. They were the ones trespassing on her private property, after all. They wouldn't be able to defend themselves in a court of law for their actions.

"...and they certainly can't defend themselves now" Jessica said aloud, a grin breaking across her face as the words exited her lips.

Turning her attention downwards, Jessica decided to first test out how much power she had through her size alone. With a wiggle of the toes on her left foot, several small buildings nearby began to collapse, presumably from what was an incredible earthquake to the little ones.

"If they thought that was bad..." Jessica whispered as she raised her right foot up to knee level, and brought it stampeding down to the ground.

A plume of dust and debris rose from around her Jessica's foot and tiny buildings in a much larger radius found themselves unable to keep a firm grip on the shaking ground before collapsing.

Enjoying her newfound game greatly, Jessica marched until she made a little square of debris that had been crushed flat, uncaring of the worthless lives that had met their end.

"If they can't avoid my soles, they deserve to die." She told herself before looking over the city again. With delight, she saw that the city was, in a word, enormous. Buildings and homes stretched on for what seemed to be a good mile on her own scale.

"Oh I can't wait to get started!" she nearly shouted in excitement, and did the first thing that came to mind.

She ran.

Intent on striking fear into the entire city at once, Jessica ran to the opposite end of the city as fast as she could. Sweat poured down her body as she neared the edge of the city and, while still a good 10 feet away.

She jumped.

Jessica's bare soles slammed into the ground with a force never before seen by the dust mites crushed beneath her. As if to add insult to injury, the landing, while an incredible amount of force, still managed to cause the clumsy Jessica to fall back again.

A scream of gut wrenching terror seemed to rise from all the people in Jessica's shadow at once, as her enormous body fell backwards onto them. Untold thousands perished in a single clumsy movement, and Jessica lay on their flattened corpses, giggling over the entire thing.

Standing again Jessica surveyed the destruction she had caused during her run and frowned. Blood flecked, debris packed footprints made a straight line to her current location, but she had done almost nothing to dent the city as a whole.

Sighing in defeat, Jessica walked back the way she had run, making sure to not step in the footprints she made earlier. As much as she wanted too, she couldn't have fun with the entire city by herself, it was simply impossible given it's incredible size.

No, she would need help. Unbeknown to the people fleeing the shadows of her feet, Jessica was not leaving for good. She intended to return the next day with the two friends who accompanied her on this trip.

Leaving them to do whatever they wanted, Jessica reached the end of the city several minutes later, and stepped through the holographic trees, disappearing from view of the shaken worms beneath her.

Returning to the yacht, Jessica took a nap, the blood soaked into her soles wiping off in the sand on the walk over. Her friends would hear about this, and she knew they would love it as much as she did.

Smiling contentedly, Jessica almost collapsed onto a bed, a goofy smile plastered on her face as she drifted to sleep.

---

"Sir, the casualty estimates are in." a young voice called out.

"Let's hear them." an older, gruff voice responded.

"At least a hundred thousand, possibly more as bodies were seen stuck to the sole as it left." the younger voice answered.

"...What are our options. We can't deny the existence of these giants now, they've been seen by too many people. All we can do know is leave Trysa and do the best we can out there. What is the likelihood of a massive evacuation?" the older voice said, sighing with grief.

"Impossible. Millions of people can not be mobilized to move as one, especially if we don't know when or if she'll return." the younger voice replied grimly.

"Announcing an impossible evacuation would do no good to the mass hysteria onhand. Inform all others in governmental seats that we abandon this city in a few hours. Take no one else with you." the older man finished sadly.

"Yes sir." came the response.

---

True to her word, the very next morning not one, but three giantesses arrived at the city. The people below were still panicked, as if Jessica herself had never left.

A great laugh boomed over the city. Jessica laughed and raised her foot over the city, holding it in midar. Lightly twisting her foot around caused loose debris to rain upon the area she intended to step on.

An instant later nothing remained as everything in her shadow was squashed into dust.