- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A Friendly Game. http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=1766
Allie whistled to herself as she walked down the aisles of the large bus she'd be spending the next couple of days in. The seats were large, and looked so comfortable she could hardly decide which she should take.

Much as she would have loved to stand and contemplate her choice of seating, a heavy sigh behind her told her she should just head to the back and take an open spot.

Sitting with a relaxed sigh, Allie enjoyed looking around the bus terminal from her windows as more people filed in. She silently held her breath with each new entrant, hoping they wouldn't choose the seat next to hers. As more people streamed in though, it became increasingly apparent that even she would have to share a seat.

A young girl in ratty clothes looked to be the lucky person to sit next to Allie as she trudged down the aisle and saw no other empty seats.

Patting the seat next to her, Allie signaled for the girl to take the seat, and with a heavy sigh, she did.

"Hi, I'm Allie." Allie said introducing herself with a smile and a small wave.

"Marie." The girl responded as she fidgeted in her seat, seemingly trying to get comfortable.

"I'm going home to visit my family for the holidays instead of spending them at college in the dorms like everyone else, you?" Allie said quickly.

"Err, I'm, uh... running away." Marie answered.

"Wow! Running away? I always wanted to do that when I was young but I was always too scared. How old are you?"

"18"

"Hmph, 18 isn't really running away, I'd say that's more moving out of house. Why are you running away?"

"Just... problems with the family. Can't really talk about it.

"Oh I know that feeling, for years I was mad with my cousin but we eventually got over it and now we're the best of friends. Why just last year she even invited me to spend Christmas with her, I mean I said no but I thought it was very nice of her and a kind gesture."

"Oh, uh... great."

"Why are you running away so close to Christmas? Are you trying to prove a point? Do you know where you're going? Who you'll be staying with? What if your parents think you were kidnapped? Have you ever done this before?"

"LOOK! I'm just trying to run away! Ok! Now, leave me alone if you don't mind." Marie finally shouted in annoyance at Allie.

"Oh, uh, yeah, sure." Allie said, taken back by Marie's explosion of anger.

Hours passed and the two didn't look at each other once. The bus kept going forward, and they were just sitting together in silence.

The sun begins to set and Marie feels bad about her explosion of anger. She could at least tell that Allie had a genuine interest in her and wasn't being rude. Even if she was annoying, Marie knew she'd have to apologize. She decided she'd do it after it was dark, to prove a point.

Darkness set over the bus and many of it's patrons were now asleep when Marie decided to make her move. She taps Allie lightly on the shoulder, not wanting to bother her too much while it looked like she slept.

Feeling the tap on her shoulder, Allie responded by pressing her fingers into Marie's forehead and pushing back slightly.

Before Marie could wonder what that gesture meant, she found herself shrinking at an alarming rate in her seat. She looked around in a panic before noticing Allie lifting one foot from the bus floor and putting it on Marie's seat.

"Sorry Marie, we're going to play a little game now." Allie said quietly as she slipped off her shoe and unrolled her sock from her foot. The air around the foot grew hot as Allie did so and she dropped the sock next to Marie's tiny body.

"This is a little game I invented." Allie said softly. "It's called Don't Get Dead."

Picking up the tiny, frightened Marie in one hand, Allie lifted her up and pressed her into her moist, spongy sole. She sank in deeply and Allie wiggled her toes at the feeling.

Keeping her there with one hand, She grabbed her sock and slid it back onto her bared foot, keeping Marie in place against her sole.

Allie lowered her head closer to her foot and explained the rules to her.

"The point of Don't Get Dead is to not die before we arrive at our destination. As soon as I take my first step out of here, you'll be crushed underneath my feet more easily than you can even imagine. Your fragile body won't stand up to my weight more than once, and you know this is true just as well as I do. Now, we'll be on this bus for a long, long time. Inside my shoe, you won't have much of a frame of reference. If you have an anxiety attack knowing your instant death is approaching, but you don't know when, you lose. If you survive long enough to get crushed, you win. Sound easy? Cause it is." Allie said to her foot cruelly and slipped her shoe back on her socked foot.

Leaning back against the window seat Allie had gotten, she stretched her legs out and onto the seat, enjoying the fact that she now had two seats to herself.

"Just one of the many advantages to getting rid of an annoying brat." Allie said to herself as she lay her head back and closed her eyes, trying to get some sleep.

The same could not be said for Marie, who lay in Allie's sock, weeping over how things have turned out for her. She'd never be heard by Allie though.

There was just too much distance between them.