- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Committing. http://emmagear.deviantart.com/gallery/26526418#/d2esxzk
Snow fell lightly over the small village that Mable reigned over as the comparatively diminutive citizens gathered into the village square, awaiting further orders.

Once the entire village was gathered in the small square, Mable stood, ready to make the announcement she had gathered them together for.

"As you know, tomorrow is Christmas, and this means a lot to a lot of us, none moreso than me. I enjoy seeing your faces light up with gifts as much as you enjoy seeing your children do the same." Mable began as many villagers smiled and nodded.

"Which is why I have gathered you all here now as the sun sets. I have just received word that my own daughter wishes to spend the holidays with us." She continued.

A surprised murmur ran through the crowd. Mable, a daughter? Why had she never been mentioned before? What was her daughter like? Was she also a giantess?

Holding up a hand to hush the villagers, Mable began again. "Yes, before I became this villages ruler I had a daughter, but she is also a giantess, and as such had to leave her behind when I moved here. Having finally come of age, she wishes to come spend this great holiday with us all!"

Mable's enthusiasm was not lost on the crowd, who cheered at the prospect. If she was related to Mable surely she'd be just as kind, sweet, and caring as they had all come to expect.

"She shall be arriving sometime late tonight, if you are woken by the ground shaking, I ask that youi ignore it and go back to sleep, tomorrow is a big day after all!" Mable concluded. "You may all return to your homes now."

The villagers were abuzz with the news as they returned to their beds and tucked themselves in. Many couldn't wait to meet Mable's daughter and hoped she would like them as much as Mable herself did.

That night, long after many of the villagers had gone to sleep, a soft rumbling shook the city that steadily grew stronger. It was ignored though, and assumed to be the daughter Mable had spoken of.

Until the sound of wood cracking and splintering came forth.

"Oh dear." The giantess outside groaned.

Mable never heard a sound.

The next morning, Mable woke up, stretching her arms high in the air and taking in the cool air. Opening her eyes she immediately saw what she had been hoping to see.

Paula, Mable's daughter sat at the edge of the town, the remains of a home nearby. The villagers were gathered around Paula's feet, all armed with brushes of various sizes, painting her nails black.

"Paula! What are you doing? All of you, get off!" Mable ordered firmly and the townsfolk sighed with relief as they dismounted her toes and returned to their homes.

"Oh, Moooom..." Paula moaned at her mother.

"Now now, none of that. We've got a limited amount of time together so we can't spend it all getting your nails painted."

"Oh, fine." Paula said understandingly as she pushes a few stray locks of black hair out of her eyes, only to have them fall back into place.

"That's the spirit, but for now we should be going for a walk, so I'll meet you outside of town in just a minute." Mable ordered.

As Paula stomped out of the town, not bothering to pick up and put back on the shoes she had walked into town with, Mable examined the people heading into their homes and upon finding the person she was looking for, picked him up.

A small man in formal clothes stood in Mable's palm as she calmly assured him it was only for one day, and he nodded his head.

Standing and walking through the city, Mable made her way to Paula and the duo walked off together. They walked up and down the coast, Mable explaining how far her section of the land went and the things she had to do on a daily basis.

"Now, careful not to step on anything..." Mable reminded Paula as they stepped back into town while the sun set.

"Oh don't worry mom, I've got this all under-" Paula began but was rudely interrupted by the sounds of another wooden home trying to support the weight of her still bare foot, only to crack and fall as her sole proved to be too poewrful..

"Err, whoops." Paula said with an awkward smile. "Sorry about that..."

Mable sighed, but led Paula to a small outcropping of rock near the city.

"This is where I sit and watch the Christmas celebrations every year. Normally it's alone, but, well, I'm glad you're here with me." Mable warmly smiled to her daughter.

"I'm glad I'm here too, even if I am a little clumsy sometimes..." Paula replied, leaning her head on her mother's shoulder as the townspeople below set about the final moments of the oversized tree they had carried to the city's edge.

Without warning, the dark night was lit up spectacularly by the beautifully decorated tree. The light reflecting off the glass ornaments reflected into the sky creating a fantastic pool of colors.

The light also revealed at ground level, a small man rushing about handing out what Mable immediately recognized as wooden figurines. He was very thorough and made sure he had given one to every townsperson before he ran across to where Mable and Paula sit, carrying another figurine in each hand.

Reaching down, Mable picked them both up and looked at them in awe, at her size they were impossibly small, but still clearly recognizable as figurines based not only on her, but her daughter as well.

"Aww.... they're adorable." Paula whispered. "That reminds me, I did have something I wanted to ask you..."

"Well what is it sweetie?" Mable asked in her most maternal voice.

"I was wondering..." Paula began before looking at the beautiful tree again. Re-energized, she just came right out and said it.

"I was wondering if it'd be okay if I moved in with you!" Paula blurted out at once, then smiled nervously.

The entire town turned it's attention from the tree to Paula and Mable in shock and held their breath as Mable considered it.