- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, i've worked on this story for over a week, hours on end. its an idea i've had for a couple weeks but personal things have kept me away from the computer. its VERY micro / mega. It also is begging for me to continue, but i'm rather burned out at the moment, so TBC...
Prelude

It was noon. The mail had just arrived, and Michelle expected an important letter. She lived by herself in the country, with her closest neighbors half a mile down the road. Her mailbox was a couple hundred feet from her house. Her driveway twisted like a snake so she walked through the grass. Grass that wasn’t the best maintained. It was mostly green, with dead, dried, brown grass mixed in. None of it was tall, per se, but it could stand for a trim. Michelle believed cutting grass was a job for men, and she didn’t like men enough to have them around to cut her grass regularly. However, Michelle was no prissy girl. At 5’7” and 120 pounds, she was dainty, but strong. Her light brown hair flowed to around her shoulder blades. As Michelle walked through the grass she felt it spring and resist against her bare feet. She reached a really bad spot, where most of the grass was yellowed. It crunched under her feet. She glanced back as she kept walking, and noticed footprints. She huffed a chuckle at how bad the grass was. Several more paces brought her to her mailbox. All junk. She turned to return to her home, but she walked on a slightly different path, to bring her behind her house.

The D’nay was a highly-developed race. They were humanoid, almost identical to Homo sapiens. The majority of the race was men, but women were not uncommon. Centuries of scientific development brought the D’nay to a state of technological advance about a century ahead of humankind. They had the power to build incredibly large structures and machines. The D’nay also maintained a very capable military force. The D’nay was a jungle-dwelling species, but they were not Tarzan. They built their cities among the jungle they lived in, often times underground.
The jungle the D’nay lived and survived in was a testament to their mettle as a people. Huge tree-like objects stretched a quarter-mile into the air. They were curled slightly, flat on both sides. Naturally they were green, but in heavily-populated areas pollution turned them yellow. These were called Grawz. Other species of trees existed. Some had tall, green trunks with a large leaf cluster on top. The ancestors named these Klowvuh. The rarest plantlife was that of the Pole. A Pole was a trunk of wood of varying length, anywhere from one to three miles along and 100 feet in diameter. The ground was made of hard-packed, brittle boulders, dark brown in color. The ground was so stable that the D’nay hardly paved it. Far, far to the east was The Great Nothing, an endless stretch of grey mountains. The only people to venture to The Great Nothing never returned. To the west was The Infinate Mountain, which was a solitary mountain hundreds of miles around and, well, infinitely tall, with sheer cliffs. It was believed hollow, which was proven by a brave search party, but they, too, never returned.
However, it was a time of great prosperity. Millions of D’nay lived over miles and miles of jungle. The capitol city area was the only real “city”, however it was hidden beneath the massive cover of the jungle. It covered around four square miles, in a roughly circular area. The jungle in this area was nearly all yellowed. The D’nay’s smaller buildings were all made of wood from Poles, but larger buildings were made of concrete. The basic design and structure of the city was basically that of a human city, with the major exception being that many buildings were wood. Traffic followed similar laws, civil services existed, and a functioning form of government all took place. However, the city was old and not aging well. Thus a project to build the grandest city imaginable was underway. Many miles from the capitol city, an area of jungle had been cleared. This area covered close to seven miles squared on a slight hill. Presently it looked completely barren; a void in the jungle. The ground was the natural brown, with only a few strands of forestry left. Heavy construction equipment was sporadically spread across the area. Machines 250 feet high and twice as long, used for moving or excavating. It was both a sign of prosperity for the future, and for the present, for it provided thousands of jobs and boosted the moral of the D’nay. However, this period of tranquility, and the centuries of D’nay prosperity, would come to a crushing end in moments that were nearly instantaneous, yet would be remembered for millennia.
The G’hai family lives far from Capitol City, on a piece of nice jungle. They were a middle-sized family of four hundred, with several three-story wooden mansions underneath the jungle. They were fortunate to have land where the overgrowth of the jungle curled away from the heart of the property. A G’hai could sit outside his house and look up into the heavens with only a few Grawz trees overhanging. It was a typical spread of a typical family. The G’hai had neighbors in each direction, all friendly people. On a clear day the G’hai were working in the yards when the ground shook. Earth-shakes were not unheard of, but it was still a point to notice. A second, more violent shake made everyone stand up straight, and look around, uneasy. A third and fourth giant shake nearly knocked full-grown men off their feet. The sun went behind a cloud, and everyone looked up. To their astonishment, an unimaginable pillar stretched miles into the sky to meet with an even bigger mass of black and white. The G’hai family had maybe a second to try and contemplate all this before an oblong shape three miles long flew just above the treetops. It had five protrusions in the front, in decreasing size. Then the entire sky was filled with a tan object, and quicker than perceivable it fell, crushing the G’hai family property.
The capitol city received an almost instant report of heavy earth-shake activity and destruction. The neighbors of the G’hai described an impossibly large female appearing from the heavens and stepping on the G’hai property, then continuing to walk. In the next 30 seconds the reports of a dozen more such instances flooded in, and then the tremors were felt in Capitol City. From observation points atop the Grawz trees, lookouts spotted the unthinkable: A female being, almost identical to a D’nay female, but many miles tall! She was at least twenty five miles away but the tremors of her steps could still be felt. The report came in to the Office of Security.
“Sir… you won’t believe this…. Based on my calculations…. She is maybe thirteen miles high… her hand could flatten half of Capitol City….. but I don’t think it is her hands, sir…. Her feet are at least three miles along and 2/3rd of a mile wide! She’s stepping again…. Oh my God I can see things… on her foot…. Thousands of pieces of debris….”
With that the observer took his life.
Several more steps put the giantess on top of the capitol. She wasn’t even looking down as she raised her right foot to step forward. The humongous object moved at incredible speed. The city fell under a shadow nearly three miles long. The officials at the Office of Security looked up at the massive heel of an even more massive girl, then they ceased to exist. The crunching noise of the impact rang through the city as an earthquake measuring at least 10.5 rippled through the city. Then in another instant, the goddess’s leg muscles flexed, the heel rose, and the ball of her foot twisted slightly, smearing several more blocks, then the foot stepped forward, into less-populated areas of the jungle.
Disaster area. Those are the only two words to describe the capitol city. The grawz trees were crushed down into the city in a perfect footprint. Some were brittle and had broken, sprawled out over what was left of roadways. Pieces of graws were thrown into unmolested areas of the city, blocking traffic and destroying buildings. Even scarier was the sight of full-grown grawz stalks simply bent over, hanging above the ground. That is all that was left, ground. The grawz trees broke much of the impact, but it was similar to a piece of paper verses a bullet. Everything directly under the footfall was completely, totally flattened to just a few inches off the ground. Metal light poles were curled over, wooden telephone poles were splintered, and the only distinguishing feature left was the pathways of roads, strewn with debris. Around the edges of the footprint and outward for half a mile in every direction, fires burned, and weaker structures continued to crumble or fall. Fissures opened up from the inside of the heel and around the pinky toe, ripping a void twenty feet across and a quarter mile long. Sirens from emergency vehicles wailed over the sound of broken water mains. Less than five minutes after the giantess made her appearance, another set of quakes rumbled through the jungle. The masses fell silent and looked in awe, as the beast walked safely past miles away. Her giant legs swung like the pillars of heaven. Her breasts bobbed from the bounce of walking. Her bare soles were visible, with large shards of wood and grawz bunched between her toes and the balls of her feet. Even after she was long gone, every single D’nay stood and looked in her direction, with a look of utter despair and disbelief.
Michelle walked through her yard for the first time in days. Even though she loved the feel of grass and dirt on her bare feet, she really had no reason to go outside but to check the mail . . . Which is why she wanted to go around to her back yard. On her way around the expansive grass yard, she saw something that caught her eye. In the middle of the yard was a dead spot. There was absolutely no grass, just mud. A patch of brown mud maybe 20 inches circular, sitting in the middle of the yard. But what caught her attention even more were the tiny toys littered about in the mud. She got on her hands and knees to get a closer look. There were dump trucks and shovel cranes and bulldozers. The biggest of these weren’t as long as her fingernail and the smallest could barely be a millimeter long. She squatted down on her knees and leaned over the mud patch. With her white fingernail, Michelle poked one of the bigger dump trucks. It broke into pieces on contact. She carefully picked up a crane that wasn’t even as tall as her pinky toe. She was amazed at the detail of the object, down to the little shovel and see-through windows. Michelle wondered if this toy was as fragile as the other one, so she pinched it between her index finger and thumb. Sure enough, it crushed like paper. The only logical explanation was someone’s brat kid tore up this spot while playing “construction” in her yard. This royally pissed her off; therefore she decided to have some fun.
Michelle poked at the tiny toys with her big toe, rolling them with her white toenail. She piled most of the bigger pieces in one general area, then with mock-effort, she raised her left foot high in the air, then stomped down. The toys smooshed like sugar cubes. Her foot sank a centimeter into the mud. The bits and pieces of the equipment were ground into the mud, buried far down and compacted with the mud. Michelle picked her foot up and was delighted at the footprint she made. She poked at the smaller, intact pieces for a little white but grew bored and walked to her backyard.

The D’nay was smart people. They knew the natural dangers of a jungle, including Beasts that stood 50 feet tall with several legs and big eyes. The emergency communications systems were on and humming before the impossibly large foot crushed a third of Capitol City. Sirens sounded at the construction site. However, there was no preplanned code for “Gigantic Women.” So, what the people at the site of the new city received was “Dangerous Falling Objects.” This was a general code that included everything from boulders to meteors. So, the obvious reaction of everyone was to take shelter in the large construction vehicles. The largest vehicles were 500 foot long dump trucks. These feats of engineering were pretty much the same basic design as a human dump truck, just several times larger. To the D’nay, these were the biggest of the big unnatural objects. They moved at a mere 5 miles an hour, but could carry hundreds of cubic yards of dirt. It took several minutes just to climb the ladder to the luxurious cab, which could hold twenty operators plus another fifty passengers. To the D’nay, the only thing safer than a large dump truck would be to go underground, which they had not needed to do in centuries.
Within sixty seconds of the emergency alert, each and every of the thousands of workers were safely in a vehicle of some sort, or in temporary construction warehouses, which were one-story buildings that were 100 feet in length, used to store equipment. Another minute passed and the earth began to shake. In the far distance, viewable over the jungle from the tall machinery, an impossible sight befell everyone. A female, impossibly tall, loomed over the site. From several of her paces away she looked straight down at the build area. Then at incredible speed she lowered herself to her hands and knees, putting her face less than a mile above the earth. Her breathing sent storm-strength winds howling across the plain. A bizarre look crossed her face, then, with one of her enormous fingers, she pointed at a large dump truck. With a (relatively) slow movement, she sliced the dump truck in two with her white fingernail. The impact crushed the bed of the dump truck, and the rest of the truck fell over and apart. Most everyone survived and remained conscious to see the fingernail, with a 50 foot layer of white paint, hang only feet from the cab, and then fly skyward at near supersonic speed. Next, her hand moved to a crane about 350 feet tall. The occupants gasped as her fingers closed around their haven in a claw-like manner. Then they were lifted upwards at impossible speed, nearly blacking out everyone onboard. Those who remained conscious had the most amazing view of cleavage with a diameter of over a mile. The goddess examined the crane carefully, with a look of curiosity and puzzlement. Her face softened very slightly, and the microscopic people breathed a loud sigh of relief. This was the last breath any one of them took, because in the next instant the giantess crushed the puny crane in her fingers like a piece of powdered sugar.
Horrified, everyone on the ground screamed in horror as they witnessed these events. Some people scrambled to the ladders and doors to escape, while others attempted to get the machinery moving. With a sucking wind, the huge female rose to her full height right on top of the barren construction site. No one could see past her thighs and black short-shorts. However, nothing past her ankles really affected the poor D’nay. Her huge right foot flew forward over everything and began poking at the largest of the large machines. But she didn’t seem to want to crush anything else, rather, she dragged and rolled the huge equipment around a little, rearranging, almost. All those who survived this massive tumbling and rolling looked up at the huge foot that now hung miles in the air, bare sole exposed. Dirt and boulders littered her skin, and some of it fell, impacting like meteors. Then like a meteor itself, the foot fell from the sky, miles down, in less than a second. Most everyone didn’t even have time to scream or raise a hand in fear. The fall from “miles” to zero altitude took half a second. All those underneath it simply saw shadow, black, and then nothing. At least 700 people perished in an instant. The impact created yet another unimaginable earthquake as her foot sank 200 feet into the mud. The displaced mud curled up around her foot, tumbling those lucky enough to not be underneath, sending them rolling fifty feet. The violent shaking simply tore apart cranes and warehouse buildings. Many fissures rippled across the land, sucking in people and things, and curling the terrain into small hills. A small pickup with six passengers was unfortunately between her big and second toe, and on impact, the ground simply rose underneath. The truck tumbled and rolled sideways, end over end, for one hundred feet, then it skid to a halt on the white toenail of her big toe. It was several acres in area. After many agonizing seconds, the huge foot rose skyward and towards her body, then set down in the jungle. The pickup rolled back off the side of the nail towards the 2nd toe. It flew with incredible velocity, to land on a grawz tree. The occupants grabbed each other in joy as they barely slid down the tree, until the shadow of the big toe fell over them, then they became microscopic goo, wrapped in a wad of twisted, flattened metal. For another 45 seconds, the goddess used her 1/8th mile toe to pick at some of the vehicles. She managed to get six more vehicles before she gave up and walked away. Despite her reign of destruction, only a fraction of the people at the contruction site was killed. Then again, thousands upon thousands worked at the site, so a fraction isn’t exactly a small number. The survivors established immediate contact with Capitol City, and they shared horror stories.
The next twenty-four hours were both a time of rescue and action and yet a time of waiting. Many people were injured or trapped. Helicopters were sent to the construction site with medical supplies and doctors. Rescue operations continued through the night and into the morning. Despite the overall progress of recovery, the general feeling was of doubt and insecurity. Would she return? What did the future hold? Uncertainty was the worst feeling for a race of superior beings. Should they run? Should they hide? Should they fight? The one common plan of action was to find her habitat. Therefore the government called upon one hundred special operatives to track her with any means necessary. This included helicopters, off-road vehicles, and even more risky, hitching a ride on her.
Nearly a day had passed when she reappeared on the horizon.

Michelle still patiently awaited her piece of post. She really had nothing else to do. She had money enough not to need a job. She had friends, but they rarely hung out mid-week (her friends DID hold jobs). So, she did odd things around the house, or watched television, or exercised. From her living room, she saw the postman deposit mail in her box. She slipped into a pink tube top and pink short shorts, and because she showered earlier, a pair of pink flip-flops. Now, to most people, this is over-dressing to just receive the post. But to Michelle, any time she went outside was a time to impress, for one never knows when the best time of your life drives past.
Out the front door she walked. Down the steps. To the post. Her yard seemed as desperate as ever, yet Michelle felt no obligation to do anything. It was just grass, after all. She followed the same general path to the mailbox as the day before. The box was very full of mail; therefore she walked and read at the same time. As she flipped, she came upon a letter that grabbed her attention. Michelle stopped in her tracks and examined it closely, but it was not what she was expecting. So, she continued to return home. But the moment she set her mail down, she recalled the little grassless patch in her side yard. And since she was already dressed, she decided to take another look.
Michelle left out the back door and came around the side of the house. There, just as before, was a spot where the grass had been removed. Her bare footprint still remained. She smirked. Everything was just as it was. Little toys were scattered around, seemingly where they were 24 hours earlier. This was of course a lie, everything had moved, but Michelle didn’t pay that much attention. She didn’t bother kneeling over; rather, she put her hands on her hips and just kinda stared blankly. Then she had an idea. What would the shoeprint of the flip-flop look like next to her bare footprint? The bottom of her flip-flop had round indentations, maybe half a centimeter across and a millimeter deep. So, Michelle raised her foot, and mashed it into the mud, about as deep as her other print. Of course it was just convenient several little toys were where she mashed her footwear into the earth. She lifted her pink-clad foot and looked down in amazement at the shape she left. . .The bare print next to the incredible designs of her flip-flop. Michelle was so amazing that she kneeled on one knee, one leg curled back, with the supporting leg’s foot on the edge of the clearing. She focused on the intricate patterns beneath her, when the slightest movement caught her eyes. Michelle blinked and refocused, but she saw nothing. A few odd toys remained a few inches in front of the lip of her flip-flops, so she conveniently rolled her foot forward and crushed them into non-existence. Satisfied with her outdoor activities for the day, Michelle retreated to her humble abode.

When the giantess returned, the D’nay were as “prepared” as they could be. As soon as she was detected, helicopters were airborne, full of operatives ready to pursue. Around town, teams with grappling hooks and climbing gear stood around, praying the goddess did not tread too closely. After long debate, ground pursuit was ruled out. No D’nay vehicle could keep up, and if it could, it could not escape should the giant female change step. As the first trembles of her step shook the tiny city, the forces of exploration set to motion.
The footfalls of the gigantic female once again brought fear to the D’nay. Unfortunately, she did not slow as she approached the city, and her footfall in an undamaged section of Capitol City was too brief to allow attachment. From the sky a humongous pink sandal hung from her bare foot. The bottom side was covered in dirt and grime. In a second a shadow covered a large section of the city as the pink object descended like a cloud over the city. The impact of the foam beachwear caused an even bigger shaking of the earth, and every building across the city tumbled to the ground. Cracks opened up in the roadways and large pieces of grawz were bent like paper. Then the weight shifted to the front of the shoe, causing it to slip forward fifty feet, and with an incredible sucking motion, the heel of the giantess rose into the air, and the flip-flop ascended. The suction of the displaced air drew lighter debris towards the ten foot hole the shoe made. She made her appearance and was gone before even the prepared could scream.
There was nothing left. Unlike the relatively softer, uneven sole of the bare foot, the bottom of the flip-flop covered more area and was much harder. Even through the great resistance of the huge grawz trees, the entire impact area was crushed down twenty feet. If it weren’t for the grawz stalks, the hole would have been much deeper. A “ground zero” of three miles by a half a mile, nothing remained. Everything was flattened into a near-rocklike material. Houses, telephone poles, skyscrapers, fences, roads, and people were crushed together into a flat plain. The tough grawz trees were mashed into the mud, but stuck back up about forty feet in the air, completely bent over. They were like alien structures, sticking up from the ground that was entirely flat. The only recognizable debris was under these grawz stalks, but this was merely pieces of wood and concrete. But the brunt force of the solid object was much more terrible than the flesh of the goddess’s bare foot. No building across the entire city remained intact. Skyscrapers fell over halfway up, leaving jagged fingers pointing to the sky among standing grawz trees. Smaller structures were shaken from their foundations and fell over, like someone pushed them over with a bulldozer. The ground curled up around the edges of the crater. Roads (with cars), houses, and buildings were cocked at ridiculous angles in piles of debris around the edge. Tens of thousands died in two seconds time. The helicopters turned to give chase, but the giantess showed no signs of stopping, and thus they hovered, hoping for her return.
They did not have to wait long. As per the day before, she returned within minutes. As she approached, the D’nay noticed she was reading objects maybe two-and-a-half miles long and a third of a mile wide. Her heavy footfalls approached and the survivors cringed in terror. She was about four steps away she the blocked the sun and the enormous girl’s steps slowed. The goddess planted her left foot with the toe of the sandal on the suburbs that had survived relatively well, until this moment. Then her right foot landed a half-mile to the other side, and she stopped. The populous, informed of the daring plan to track the monster, cheered with desperate hope. In seconds, dozens of soldiers were on the 500 foot wall of pink foam. To the D’nay the foam was incredibly tough and impenetrable, but the tiniest of imperfections were like giant fissures to the tiny soldiers. Most of the troops knew there was no way to reach the surface of the huge shoe in a short amount time, so they found the deepest of fissures and caves that ran twenty feet back (less than a millimeter) and they took cover. Twenty or so were unfortunate enough to climb on the sides of the heel of her flip-flop towards the arch where there were few imperfections. These operatives grew more and more frantic as they approached the top surface without sanctuary. When they reached the top, they looked around. In front of them was the impossibly large heel on an even bigger foot. They could see for fifty feet under the arch. Three-quarters of a mile to their left was the strap of the thong that disappeared over the mountain of her foot. To their right the heel curved out slightly. They chuckled, and a few began to sit. But then with immeasurable speed the heel shot skyward, the tiny D’nay looked skyward at the exposed arch of the goddess female. In the next instant the pressure of the ball of her foot on the flip-flop combined with the lift of her heel shot the back of the flip-flop skyward and forward, towards the bottom of the heel. The little D’nays legs broke instantly and they were pressed into the softer foam on the top of the beachwear. Nineteen of the little men were crushed into goo as the foam slapped the bare sole of the foot. The twentieth man was shot forward miles, over the top of the foot, finally landing between the inside strap of the thong, where he smeared into nothing under the rubber strap that was 800 feet wide. All the other soldiers were secure in the nooks and crannies of the foam along the sides. 150 of these brave lads rode the pink flip-flop into the unknown. The numerous helicopters immediately turned toward the direction the feet faced and raced ahead as the giant female. They were seven miles ahead when she flew forward. The helicopter pilots were miles out of her way to the sides and ahead of her. Even with this great lead, the flying machines were eventually passed, but they kept close enough to see the destination of the enormous being…. The Infinite Mountain. The giantess approached the side, and she seemingly ripped the mountainside apart like a….. door! At full speed the chasing helicopters flew forward, but the door closed too quickly with the machines still five miles away. The door closed, but the daring pilots flew underneath the crack, on to great adventures to be continued later on….
Minutes later…
The workers at the construction zone came up with the idea. They knew they could not fight such a being. To them, the only hope was contacting her. So with the remaining little machines (none of the large machinery was still operational), the D’nay formed their version of an S.O.S. Unfortunately, the D’nay S.O.S. looks like scattered gibberish to humans. When Giantess Michelle returned, the thousands of construction workers were lined up alongside their equipment, waving their arms. Behind them stood the impossibly deep and wide crater from the giantess’s last visit. This served as a grand omen to the poor D’nay of friends and family lost, but also as a warning to the power of the creature. As she approached, the ground shook. Her final steps brought thousands to their knees. Looking up, the D’nay saw her hips and the midriff miles and miles in the sky. She was over a mile away but was still too close to be seen in her entirety. Then her foot, still in a pink flip-flop, rose to the sky, in the same mock effort as the previous day. The crowd screamed and panicked. People ran everywhere and got nowhere. With unstoppable force the foot fell from the sky and wiped out 2500 people and all but three of the remaining dump trucks. Those who barely survived the initial impact were caught in a mudslide spreading up and out from her footwear. Dozens were piled, alive, on top of each other. Several were crushed under rolling, skidding trucks and earthmovers. When the commotion stopped, the huge pink sandal flew back into the sky and set down not two hundred feet from the untouched survivors and machines. It dug into the mud slightly, as most of the weight was on the heel, in the grass. Everyone waved his or her arms wildly, and one brave hero had the idea to try moving a medium-sized dump truck to get her attention. She squatted down, starting with eyes as big as lakes. A hush fell over the masses, for a split second, it seemed she had seen them. Mouths gaped open in awe. Yet at that same instant, the 500 foot wall of pink slid forward, digging up mud and then squishing another 650 people. With that, the few surviving people, numbering less than 400, ran far, far away, into the huge canyon made by the pink flip-flop, as the goddess walked away…