- Text Size +

The Flash tried running around B’nana Beast in high speed circles, but it simply stepped over him, unaffected by the miniature tornado that the Flash had created.

 

Green Lantern’s ring blasted it into two segments. Yet they just rejoined, reforming the single B’nana Beast.

 

Wildcat and Black Canary had no means of effectively attacking it. Dr Mid-Nite threw a black out bomb at it, but the B’nana Beast seemed to be able to move just as effectively in the dark.

 

Back at the building near Justice Society of America Headquarters, the Atom arrived just in time to join the launch. The Justice Society took off into outer space and managed to dock in the gargantuan spaceship belonging to Flatulus.

 

“What is your business here?” asked Flatulus.

 

“We come to ask you to steer away from earth,” said Hawkman.

 

“But earth is directly on the way to my next destination,” said Flatulus, “I regret that your planet will be affected by what I must do, but I have just consumed a large synthetic Venusian curry, and the great flatulence will soon be upon me.”

 

“Is that your final answer?” asked Hourman.

 

“It is my only answer,” said Flatulus.

 

“Alright, let her have it,” said Hawkman.

 

Sandman used his wirepoon gun to no avail, then his sleep sand weapon. Neither had any effect against Flatulus.  Starman blasted her with his cosmic rod, but it achieved nothing. It was like shining a flashlight on Mount Rushmore.

 

Green Lantern used his ring to contact Hawkman and explain the lack of success that his team were having as well. Hawkman relayed back what was happening to his team. Even now Flatulus was reaching for the flatus tube, knowing that the great flatulence would be on her shortly.

 

Back on earth, the Flash had been listening to Hawkman’s message coming through Green Lantern’s power ring.

 

“I think I know how to solve the Flatulus problem,” said the Flash, “I’m a police scientist in my secret identity. Flatulence, even flatulence of a cosmic level, is caused in a large part by eating too much meat and not getting enough fruit in your diet. If Flatulus has been eating synthetic meat from a ship for countless years, then she hasn’t been getting any fruit at all.”

 

“But how does that help us?” came Hawkman’s voice, “There is no way of creating real fruit, with all its colonic benefits, using Flatulus’s ship’s devices.”

 

“I know,” said the Flash, “She would need to eat a self renewing supply of fruit, that would forever regenerate in her insides, forever clearing out the plumbing and leaving Flatulus without the Great Flatulence of the Power Toxic that you’ve described. That supply of fruit is available now. Instead of trying to stop Flatulus from going near earth, you should lead her straight down to earth, with the promise that she will never need to apply the flatus tube again. All she has to do is come down and eat-“

 

“B’nana Beast!” said Wildcat.

 

“Flash, you’re every bit as smart as you are fast,” said Black Canary, “You’ve just played both our problems off against each other.”

 

“I’ll run it past Flatulus and see what she says,” said Hawkman, and did so.

 

Flatulus agreed to be guided by the Justice Society quartet who had come to her ship. She landed in the abundant space of the African wilderness and had no trouble capturing B’nana Beast. She proceeded to eat B’nana Beast until he/it was all gone. Happily though, so was her flatulence.

 

“Now I can start dating!” she said, “Perhaps here, as nowhere else in the universe, Flatulus has found those she may dare to call general practitioners.”

 

“I still feel responsible for all the trouble I caused,” said Solovar.

 

“There is no need to err …flagellate yourself young Solovar,” said the Gorilla King, “Your discovery has actually saved earth from a far smellier fate than it has ever known before. I now choose you to, years from now, have the honour of being my successor as ruler of Gorilla City.”

 

“If your city has any more troubles by then, I’ll have to hope there’s another Flash to deal with them, I guess,” said Jay Garrick.

 

Flatulus left earth, now enjoying the infinite process of digesting a fruit being who could regenerate itself, with the consumed portions preserving her rectal health.

 

The Justice Society members returned to their homes until they were needed again.