- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This might take me awhile to write, but I promise it is worth it

Author's Chapter Notes:

Yes, I am aware a week is not 8 days, but this chapter is like a Prolouge to explain to the common reader why Richard will shrink. and the reader should also note that Richard is currently living in Day 1 of what will be the next part "The Current Week"

My name is Vincent Davis, and I am in a bit of a situation.  I'm currently 6 inches tall, 22 years old and waiting for my wife to return from her buisness trip, and at the same time hiding from her sister-in-law Crystal who I barely managed to escape from last night.  She loves my new size and is well... That part of the story comes later.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think I know why I shrank.  It's a simple case of "Curiosity shrank the cat."  So... here I go

It was 8 days ago today.  My wife and I were enjoying our last morning at a beautiful island resort.  The sun was beating down on me hard.  Even with only my swimsuit, I was sweating profusly.  My wife Melody was packing our things when I saw it.

What I saw was a snake; not just any snake though, it was a rainbow snake!  I studied snakes in biology in college 2 years ago and never heard of a rainbow colored snake.  If I knew then what I think I know now, I would've ran away, probaly with a trail of urine following me.

Alas, I was ignorant, and curious.  I chased the snake into the jungle.  I just wanted a closer look, but I ended up cornering the snake.  It rose up into a position that I knew meant it was about to attack in defence.  I was cursing myself for being so stupid when it attacked and bit me then slithered away.

The bite looked like nothing.  I felt perfectly fine, so I figured "Whatever" and concluded that the snake must not have been poisinous, when in reality, it had probaly the most dangerous poisin of all.

My wife freaked out when she saw it, but I got her to calm down and we went home.  Nothing eventful happened well that is, until we got home.

Mel was unpacking as I was checking to make sure all our valuables were still there.  I walked in our room and hugged her from behind, feeling her soft hair against my face, smelling her lovely watermellon shampoo mixed with her perfume that reminded me of the scent of Fruit RollUps, but then it hit me.  Diana was shorter than me, her hair was never in my face.

"Um... Honey?" I asked hesistantly.

"Yes Dear? Is something wrong?" She replied with worry in her voice, it was always so cute how she would get so worried about me, even when it was nothing.

"Why are we the same height?"

"Baby, you're only a few inches taller than me so when I wear my heels, we're the same height."

I looked down and said with an odd feeling in my stomach "...You aren't wearing your heels, or any shoes."

My beautiful wife turned around and hugged me, "remember how you always say I worry too much?" she asked.

"Yes, and?"

"Well..." she giggled, "I think you might just be worring too much."

Chapter End Notes:

there you go, Rainbow snake!  The next chapter will be a little longer and will meet our other main charector, the oh-so-lovely Crystal.