- Text Size +

 “We’ve got to try and get back to earth-A. Do you mind if we take off from your floor?” asked Jacoby.

 

“I wouldn’t miss it for anything. I don’t suppose you’d like a souvenir copy of my poem about your exploits, Jacoby,” said Rhymescribe, “I presume you really did call yourself Reducible Kid and interact with the Interior 5 back in the 1970s, and then with the Glamorous Trio in the 1980s?” (See recent chapters).

 

“I did,” said Jacoby, “Who knows how your creative mind has tuned into our reality? I certainly wouldn’t choose to believe that we exist in our world only because of your imagination. What a demeaning thought.”

 

“Yet the alternative I must now humbly accept is that my creativity exists only because my imaginative mind picks up on your adventures,” said Rhymescribe.

 

“Well the least we can do is give your earth a designation or name,” said Jacoby, “Let’s call it Earth-Rhyme.”

 

“Would you mind if I put our encounter to poetry for a future publication?” asked Rhymescribe, “I doubt anyone would treat it as anything more than my warped mind pushing the artistic boundaries a little further.”

 

“I guess it’s okay,” said Captain Miniature, shrinking down to tiny size again, as Jacoby did the same, “Are we right to go, Jacoby?”

 

“Sure are. I just hope it works,” said Jacoby.

 

Rhymescribe looked on as they popped out of existence as he knew it, and began drafting notes to put the whole interruption to his other writing project down in poetry. Jacoby and Captain Miniature were careening through the dimensional void.

 

“I didn’t realise you had a super hero name too. Reducible Kid, eh?” said Captain Miniature.

 

“It’s not widely known. I mainly used my power to be eaten by five women who’d compete to find and catch me first back in the 1970s.”

 

“The Interior 5, I take it. I was still in suspended sleep, and you would have been just a kid.”

 

“They went their own way eventually. Now my girlfriend’s even more ageless than you, over 200 years old with a massive gobbling tendency that makes her and me an ideal match for each other. She’s the rogue of the former Glamorous Trio. They’re the only survivors of all dimensions’ versions of the destroyed planet New Genecide. Hey, we’re breaking through.”

 

They landed the Slipper Cycle in the familiar streets of Sydney, restored their size and decided to check the newsagents and bookshops, to make sure they weren’t still on earth-Rhyme. There were no publications of poetry about them this time.

 

“Earth-A, thank goodness,” said Jacoby, “Otherwise we’d still be out of size with the locals. I don’t suppose you’d like to come over and meet Beautiful Drama, my girlfriend. We could invite Emma too and make it a foursome.”

 

“Sure. Can I ring her from your place?” asked Captain Miniature.

 

“Fine by me. Next stop Wahroonga,” said Jacoby and they returned to the Slipper Cycle.

 

They landed in the yard, and Jacoby and Bryce grew back to normal size and Jacoby turned his key in the door and walked in. To his surprise, they were greeted by a man, who seemed to live there.