- Text Size +

The terms were interesting. Even if he won, he would be her tiny boyfriend forever.

"So a journey into your mouth wouldn't be totally unbearable for me if I lost. I'll give it my best, and see who wins."

She shrank him and put him on the edge of the garden.

"I'll see you soon," she said, and closed her eyes.

 

He ran through the garden, and was soon able to see her stand up and start searching for him, towering above everything.

Eventually, he saw the container in the distance, hidden under a mushroom. He looked up, and saw that, on the lawn beyond, was Louise, staring into the garden. He would have to move under concealment of flowers and shrubs, as she was looking in the direction of himself and the container.

He began to make his way towards the container. It was about nine feet from him, which was a long way to a shrunken boy.

He moved from one mushroom to another, staying under them, so that he was not visible. However, he had not taken one thing into account.

"It's a sunny day," he heard Louise say, "and although you are concealed by those mushrooms, I know you're there, because your shadow is to the right of them. Here I come to get you."

There was no point in concealment now. He needed speed. He risked everything on a desperate sprint towards the container. However, Louise took two steps with her long legs, which brought her between himself and the container.

She reached down, grabbed him and put him into her mouth.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Louise briefly took on a science teaching position at a school, to put her scientific knowledge to use, and also to meet more potential young meals. 11 ½ year old Milo was determined to get away with as much misbehaviour as he could in his first year of high school.

 

He started with a series of pranks.

 

For the first one, he replaced the white board markers with permanent markers, so that the teacher’s next set of notes could not be rubbed off.

 

His French teacher was not amused, and threatened to punish the whole class with a detention if the culprit didn’t own up. So he admitted it.

 

He also put glue on the door handle, but was caught doing it.

 

Determined to continue anyway, he pulled every practical joke he could think of on all of his teachers, except for his form mistress, Miss Waters, since he had a crush on her.

 

After two months of this, she asked him to remain behind after school and see her for a talk.

 

“Milo, you’ve done so many naughty things, that you’re in more trouble than you realise,” she said, “The principal wants to give you a suspension.”

 

He had a sudden realisation that he had gone too far.

 

“I won’t muck up any more, Miss Waters.”

 

“It’s probably too late to turn things around by behaving in the future,” said Miss Waters, “I suppose I could tell the Principal that you’ve learned your lesson at last after a serious talk with me. I’d want something very important from you in return though.”