- Text Size +

He spent the afternoon walking around the city, while she had her lunch, and drove to and from the airport. He waited at the food mall, looking forward to seeing her.  

Soon she walked in and smiled adorably at him.

 

“There’s a nice restaurant on the second floor of a building overlooking the park,” she said.

They walked through the city, as the sun began to set. She showed him the way to the restaurant, and they sat down and ordered their main courses.

“So how long have you been dating?” he asked.

“Quite a while. Are you seeing anyone?”

“Yes, but you might find my story a little hard to believe.”

“That makes it sound more fun,” she bubbled, tell me about her.”

“I inherited a mansion two years ago. Earlier this year I learned of an invisible gateway in my garden, which led to another earth, where everyone was tiny compared to me. I met a very sweet girl who came through the gateway to my garden. So I was excited to fall in love with a girl in the tiny folks’ land, when she came through the gateway to visit me. She’s very pretty, but I can’t seem to reduce myself to her size. Still I doubt you’d believe such a thing could really happen.”

 

He was in fact talking about earth-T (covered in depth in previous chapters).

 

“I can help you. I could drive you home from here later tonight. That way I’d know where you live. I could come over tomorrow morning, and you could show me the gateway, and I could help you do the shrinking trick with something I’ve created.”

 

“I guess you’ll be the only person who has the chance to farewell me from earth. I haven’t trusted anyone else with the knowledge of the gateway’s existence.”

They continued to talk, ate their main courses, ordered dessert, and were still eating it, when the music started. Some people got out of their chairs, and began to dance.

“Would you like to dance too?” she asked, “I won’t be able to dance with you at your wedding if you do propose to that tiny girl.”

“Sure,” he said, and got up.

She offered him her hand, and he led her to the dance floor. Her soft white hand felt nice in his own. In 24 hours time, she would be like a giantess on a world of giants to him. Now he was able to spend his last night on earth in her arms, rekindling an old friendship.

She put her arms around him in the suitable way, and they danced slowly together. She rested her cheek against his, and they both enjoyed the evening.

“You have a big day tomorrow,” she said at last, “Would you like me to take you home now?”

“Yes, thank you,” he said, “It was nice having this dance with you.”

She smiled, kissed his cheek, and turned her head, inviting him to do the same. They walked to the inner city car park, and she drove him all the way to his home.