- Text Size +

She walked down to her car and drove off. He went to sleep, and dreamt of her many times. Finally he awoke, and waited for his friend to arrive. She got there at 11:45, and he sat them both at the dining table for lunch. Once they’d eaten, they made their way to the gateway.

“Now you’ll be able to see something really amazing,” she said, “Can I give you another cuddle first? If you’re really about to make yourself small enough to fit through that gateway, I don’t think you’d be able to put your arms around me afterwards.”

Kneeling together, they cuddled for a few minutes, and then she said, “Well, I’m looking forward to seeing you do this.”

He sat down, while she sat in front of him and pointed something small at him. Then it took effect, and he dwindled to a height of just under two inches. Her enormous legs now looked incredible beside him where she sat.”

 

“Well, um… before I go, would you like to kiss me goodbye?” he asked, thinking that her lips would now be able to kiss his entire shoulder and the side of his face at once. If she said yes, it would be wonderful to enjoy.

She sat with her back leaning against the porch wall, and picked him up. She slowly kissed each side of him in turn, and smiled. He leaned across and kissed her neck.

“I guess I should go then,” he said, “If you can just put me gently in front of the gateway, you can wave goodbye with your big hand.”

“You’ve planned all this most effectively for months, Beany, but there’s one thing you haven’t thought of.”

“What have I overlooked?” he asked, out of curiosity.

“I don’t want to let you go.”

Did this mean she had fallen in love with him too, even though she had a boyfriend already? He had to tell her his feelings now.

“Really?” he said, “I was too embarrassed to tell you, but I’ve fallen in love with you.”

“I’ve noticed that, since we started dancing last night.”

“I spent last night thinking that I love you even more than my little friend. You’re such a pretty lady.”

 

She gave him a long giant kiss, which enveloped his entire face.

 

“You’ve grown into quite a handsome boy too. But I’m happily in love already.”

“I know. Still I’ll always feel a special fondness for you, knowing that there’s a lovely giant lady back on my home world, who didn’t want to part with me today. I suppose it’s best not to draw this out. I have to think of your situation. I’ll go now, if you can lower me gently to the ground.”

She looked up at the branches, away from him, in thought, and then placed him into the pocket of her coat. She crawled back out of the garden, stood up, and walked into the house, without saying a word. She walked along the hallway, and lifted a dollhouse off the cupboard.