- Text Size +

Louise eventually returned to teaching high school.

Marty was now in year 9. Louise had become his class teacher at the beginning of the year. A few weeks into the term, Louise spoke to him one day after class.

 

“I know you think you’re cleverer than other naughty students, who misbehave openly and get punished for it, but I’m aware of your sneaky misconduct. If you don’t stop it, I shall take you home and eat you.”

 

She remembered Milo’s misconduct and thought what fun it was to taunt naughty students.

 

Marty had had a crush on her. Louise didn’t know of this. He had tried to hide his misbehaviour since she’d come to his school, because of his feelings for her. Yet he had been unsuccessful. He didn’t see how she’d be able to take him away and eat him, without the school preventing her. 

 

He tried to be even more subtle about his underhanded naughtiness, resolving to leave quickly after school each day, so that Louise had no chance to abduct him with whatever gun or other weapon she might be counting on to do it, if she detected his further disobedience of her instruction.

 

On Friday at lunch time, he decided to walk through a narrow walkway between two buildings in the next block while eating his lunch. He ate all of his lunch and suddenly found himself getting shorter. He turned around to see that Louise has quietly followed him into the walkway. As she walked towards him, he found himself looking upwards. He was now only up to the height of her knees, shorter than he’d been when he first met her. Soon he was only an inch and a half tall.

 

Louise leaned down and picked him up.

 

“I followed you and pointed my shrinking invention at you. I did warn you, Marty. Tonight I will gobble you whole,” she said, and put him into her handbag and took him to the classroom.

 

So this was how she planned to eat him. He had never thought of being eaten before Louise had threatened him on Monday, and he had never even dreamed of being gobbled whole. He had the whole afternoon to prepare for being put into Louise’s mouth, in direct contact with her exciting looking tongue, and then being gobbled down to finally disappear dreamily into the acids in her well-proportioned stomach. It was both haunting and exciting. He was only new at adolescent experience of sensations, being 13.

Louise closed the door and opened her handbag on the desk. She took Marty out and placed him in the desk drawer and sat looking in at him.

 

“Nobody else knows about this, Marty. So my method of punishing you will be as covert as your misbehaviour. People will think you just didn’t come back from the shops. Nobody will guess that you will have been shrunken and swallowed by your teacher. You’re doomed, Marty.”

 

Louise shut the desk, and waited for the students to return to the classroom.