- Text Size +

He went to the exact same spot as he had found himself after taking the picture and stood there again, waiting, he hoped, to be shifted back to the familiar earth where everything would suddenly seem normal sized again.

Yet nothing happened. The shrubs were still up to his neck.

 

“It must have something to do with my positioning on that spot too,” he thought, “What did I do? … Oh yes. I slightly bent my legs. It must have contributed.”

 

Lewis bent his legs slightly, just as he had done for steadiness when taking the picture, and kept his eyes on the shrubbery. Then it happened. One second the shrubs were up to his neck. The next he was standing next to shrubs that were not even up to his waist. He had visited an alternate earth for his after school sporting activity.

 

He thought about the spot that he had chosen for his picture. It was off the path, and it was unlikely that anyone else had seen fit to step into that spot, let alone slightly bend his legs and find himself in another earth. Lewis’s discovery would most likely remain his own private revelry. Swain Gardens was the critical place on both earths. It had a borderline bush section, which contained the one and only position that linked the two earths. He thought of all the television shows, which had hypothesized fictional ways to travel between earths. Some suggested falling through black holes in space. Others involved advanced scientific technology. Others involved using super powers to attain certain speeds or frequencies of vibration. None of these methods had turned out to be accurate, yet the writers of fiction had unknowingly been 100% on target in their speculation about the presence of parallel earths in other dimensions.

 

The only thing that could have improved on the joy of his discovery would have been the opportunity to share it with Lynda Fielding.

 

Lewis did not know the scientific facts taught at the Growe Institute (as detailed in an earlier chapter) about the gts genes in boys and girls. Like many boys with giantess fantasies, he had the power of teleportation that inherently came with the gts gene in boys. However, having come to the Swain Gardens, which was actually a grouped series of inter-dimensional gateways, he had found one of the positions in the Swain Gardens, which would allow him to use his teleportation power to travel beyond his own dimension.

Lewis practiced positioning his legs on that spot a few times, and enjoyed the sensation of travelling between the earths. Then he looked at his watch. He would be late for dinner, if he did not head home quickly. He abandoned his plan for a leisurely stroll through the back streets of Killara and Lindfield, and ran home, puffing as he pushed himself to ignore the exertion which had already taken him through the proportionately larger streets of Turramurra Double.

 

Lewis simply couldn’t wait for the next Friday. He wondered what other geographical inconsistencies existed between the two earths. Was the Swain Gardens the only one, or were there many? On the Sunday morning, Lewis wasted no time in heading straight for the Swain Gardens and into Swain Gardens Double. He had packed a picnic lunch, having truthfully told his parents that he was going for a picnic in a public garden reserve.