- Text Size +

So keen was he on looking at her for as long as possible, that he stayed on the train even after it passed his own station, until the lady got off at Turramurra. He got off there too, going to the opposite end of the carriage. He waited on the platform seat to catch the return train to his own suburb, and looked out at the wire fence and the footpath and street beyond, daydreaming about being eaten by the much older lady.

Then he noticed the lady walking past the wire fence. She looked in at him, and gave a somewhat unfriendly stare, and then turned her head away and walked off down Eastern Road. It was then that he realised how he had given himself away. She might have suspected him of staring at her, but he had just been caught out in his act of staying on the train after it passed his own station, as she had now clearly seen him waiting on the platform to catch a train in the opposite direction.

“She must think I’m just a silly boy,” he thought, “But I might still have a better response from her giant counterpart.”

Lewis caught the next train back to Killara, ran to the Swain Gardens and thought his way to wherever her double was on Earth G. He found himself inside a luxurious Turramurra house, he presumed, given that the giant widow most likely lived in a house of her own now. Her children would be older than him, moved out, and she was alone. He had not really thought about her having been married once. At this point she was single. He had seen her Earth A double alone on a train on a Sunday afternoon and guessed correctly that she was no longer married.

Lewis was standing on a white lounge room carpet, looking out a glass door at a pleasant garden.

“Just what are you doing in my house?” said a stern voice, and he looked to see that the woman had walked into the room and seen him.

“I … I…” he said, remembering the unfriendly attitude that her Earth A counterpart had towards his crush, as the lady walked over and picked him up.

“Whoever you are, you’re here uninvited. I’ll have to decide what to do with you,” she said.

“Are you going to eat me?” he asked, as she carried him to the kitchen, where she was about to prepare her dinner.

The lady stared at him in deep thought.

“I wasn’t going to, because I hadn’t thought of it, but I think I will. You’ve only yourself to blame, little boy.”

“Did it!” he thought, as she warmed him in a pan of water and took him to the table.

As she began to lick him, he saw that her tongue looked different to the teenaged tongues that he had previously been licked and eaten by, but this lady’s was at least as exciting. It was also exciting to be eaten by a lady who had lived so much longer than he had. It reminded him, in a way, of Fatwoman.

“You taste surprisingly good,” she said, “I’m glad you suggested such a tasty way to punish you for your intrusion … even if you did suggest it unintentionally.”

“Soon I’ll be gone,” he said.

“Yes you will,” said the lady, and slid him along her tongue and into her mouth. When she drew her tongue back into her mouth, he was carried into her throat along with its retraction. He slid straight down in a series of gulps, and then returned to Swain Gardens A in the usual way.