- Text Size +

“How can we help?” asked Larger Woman.

“I can think of two ways, and your offer is most generous,” said Evan, “I plan to set up a powerful transmitter, that will enable me to beam my message of loyalty to the Great Designer from your planet all the way to mine. Secondly, to keep it operational, and myself alive, I need protection from the group that even now seeks me here. They call themselves the Minions of Malice-Star, who include their leader Newager, and five others: Buddy Hist, Octavius Ult, Astrol Ogre, Warwick Locke and Tarot Plotter.”

“So what are their subliminal messages teaching?” asked Captain Miniature.

“Extreme frequencies of violence, use of drugs and alcohol, the destruction of lifelong love relationships, betrayal, and the list goes on. In recent years, the messages have also become far more direct in brainwashing people with a hostility to the Great Designer. Whenever members of the Rescued of Ever-Source are portrayed on the screens, they are almost invariably misrepresented as malfeasants or aberrant or dysfunctional. All of the other people of Testamentia are not even aware that they’re being programmed to hate them and reject the rewards of loyalty to the Great Designer. Even the nicest most polite of people are known to accept everything they see or read, with the distinct exception of any pro-Intelly material.”

“A friend of mine named Ann O’Malley might be able to help you with the scientific aspects of setting up your transmitter,” said Captain Miniature.

“And my organization should have the powerful beings necessary to assist you against the Minions of Malice-Star here on earth,” said Larger Woman, “Though Captain Miniature’s adaptive powers are different every time he reduces himself, which will be our best weapon against the Minions. You had better give us an outline of their abilities.”

“I will,” said Evan, “Though they have all acquired their powers by being possessed of Lucky’s Legions. Only the name of Intelly’s son can give one the power to fully defeat them.”

“Power that comes from speaking a name, eh?” said Captain Miniature, “Well I can’t imagine any reason why any of our own heroes should object to that. They’ve seen the concept often enough in fictions of ours before.”

Elsewhere, a 14 year old girl with the gts gene had named herself Smitten Bride, because of her vore crush on a number of boys who had shown no interest in being swallowed. (The fact that none of them had the powers of teleportation might have had something to do with it). She had been reluctant to reveal her power of enlarging to giant size. So she had been a keen buyer of one of the ersatz figurines, who were actually the Minions of Malice-Star. That is to say, she bought Tarot Plotter, because he looked so lifelike that she wished she could eat the figurine. Then, learning of the Growe Institute for Gifted Size Changers, she arranged an appointment with Jeanne Growe to seek a place at the institute. She was accepted and moved her things into her new room at the mansion, which included Tarot Plotter.

Mistaken for a teenaged girl’s doll, Tarot Plotter prowled the place at night, until he located the sleeping Evan Gelist. He then used his radio communication to call the other members of the Minions of Malice-Star.