- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the first short story. It has a little bit of SW stuff, too. Hope you like it.

Love Triangle

Fábio walked into the Mixed Sized Zone. He had chosen specifically the Feathered Snake Hotel only because he wanted to meet girls from around the world, and he wasn’t ashamed of it. He was a tall, strong guy. He had brown hair, and was wearing an orange bathing suit and a pair of flip-flops.

“OK, girls, watch out, because Fábio is here!”, he said, a little out loud, as he looked around.

He looked at his surroundings, in awe. People of many different sizes walked around the area, as if nothing special was going on. He was simply amazed. This was his first time outside Portugal, so he wasn’t used to see people of different sizes, at all.

Because of this, he wasn’t looking where he was walking, and after a couple of steps, he felt something crunch under his sandal. Gulping, he looked down. There, by his foot, was a tiny girl, about 4 inches tall, yelling up at him. He crouched to get a closer look at her. She was wearing a yellow bikini, had tan skin and long, black hair.

“You stepped on the pool chair I was about to lay down on!”, she shouted, obviously angry.

“Oh, ummm…oops! Sorry.”, he said, lifting his foot off the pool chair, seeing it completely shattered. “Well, at least I stepped on it before you did, huh?”, he asked, smiling.

“I guess you’re right. I can just pick another one, anyway. Just watch your step, OK?”, she said, as she turned around and started to walk away.

“Hey, wait a second!”, he said, and she turned again, staring up at him. “Yes?”

“I…ummm…can I get your name?”, he asked.

“I’m Nila”, she said.

“Nila”, he repeated. “That’s a lovely name. My name is Fábio. Where are you from, Nila?”

“I’m from India.”, she answered.

“India. Interesting. I come from Portugal”, he said, smiling down at her. “You know, you’re a very pretty girl, Nila.”

She blushed a little when she heard that. “Well, thank you, Fábio.”

“Hey, Nila, would you like to go get a drink or something?”, he asked, nervously.

“OK, sure. Why not?”, she answered.

“Great! Let’s go.”, he said, excited, and stood back up to full height, turning towards the bar.

“Excuse me. Big boy.”, she said. “Could I get a lift, please?”

He turned around again, blushing. “Oh! Of course! I’m sorry!”, he said, embarrassed, and placed his open palm next to her. “Climb on, little girl.”

Giggling, Nila climbed onto his hand, and after a few minutes, they were already at the bar, enjoying their drinks. She was standing on the bar, while he sat by it.

“So, Nila, are you here by yourself?”, he asked, before taking a sip from his drink.

“No, no. I’m actually here with my family.”, she answered.

“Oh, a family girl. That’s very nice to hear.”, he said, trying to sound like he meant it.

“Yeah, well, it’s not as fun as you’d think”, she said, giggling. “How about you? Here by yourself?”

“Yes, yes, just me.”, he answered. “Alone, but ready to have some fun!”, he added.

“I see. Well, good for you, then.”, she said, and then placed her glass on the bar, next to her. “Hey, listen, I have to go tell my parents where I am. They’ll be worried crazy if they can’t find me.”

“Oh, sure, no problem.”, he said, helping her get down from the bar. “See you after that?”, he asked, hoping.

“Sure, yes. I’ll meet you where we first met. Sounds good?”, she asked.

“Perfect for me!”, he said, waving at her as she turned around and started walking away.

As he walked, he couldn’t help but turn his sight at her, watching her leave. Her tiny body somehow mesmerized him as she walked. She was the smallest girl he had ever seen, yet somehow seemed to be more of a woman than all the others.

Turning his head more and more to see her as he walked, again, he wasn’t watching where he was going. This time, though, instead of stepping on a tiny pool chair, he bumped against a human ankle, causing him to fall down on his bottom.

Still sitting on the floor, he stared up at the ankle’s owner. She was a blonde girl with short hair, wearing a red bikini. She was standing with other girls her size, and holding a glass in her hand. Feeling the sudden bump against her ankle, she looked down, immediately spotting a tiny guy in an orange bathing suit.

“Oh, my God! Are you OK?”, she said, crouching at him.

Fábio stared up at her, nervously, as she crouched. He immediately jumped up to his feet. “I’m good, I’m good, don’t worry”, he answered.

“Oh, phew. Sorry, I hope I didn’t hurt you.”, she then said, still crouching.

“Hurt me? No, no! Of course not!”, he said, trying to sound tough. “It takes more than that to hurt me, girl.” He then stared at her face, and was immediately attracted by her. “Anyway…my name is Fábio. What’s your name, pretty girl?”

She blushed a little and smiled. “I’m Astrid. Nice to meet you, Fábio.”

“Astrid?”, he asked. “That’s a lovely name. Where are you from?”

“Switzerland”, she answered. “And you?”

“I’m from Portugal”, he said. “So Switzerland, huh? Ça va?”

She chuckled. “I’m from Zürich, so I actually speak German.”

“Oh…”, he blushed, embarrassed. “Sorry, I don’t speak German.”

“No problem”, she said, when one of her friends called out for her. “Astrid? Was ist los?”

Astrid turned to see her friends. “Was?”, she said, then making a gesture, she showed Fábio to them.

“Oh…”, the other girls said, and giggling, they stepped away, leaving them alone.

“Sorry about that”, she said.

“Oh, it’s OK.”, he said. “Anyway, would you like to go get a drink or something?”, he asked.

“Well, I already have a drink.”, she said, showing him her glass.

“Right!”, he said, embarrassed. “Well, maybe you can come with me so I get one too”, he suggested.

“Sure, sure, why not?”, she said.

As he was about to ask her for a lift, he remembered Nila. Stuttering, he started speaking again. “Hey, I have to go to the bathroom. Be back in one second!”, he said, and quickly ran into the bathrooms with a “7” on the door.

“Oh, boy, what am I gonna do?”, he thought (in Portuguese, obviously). “Both are so pretty! What to do, what to do…?”

Meanwhile, Nila, who had seen everything, was now walking towards Astrid, stamping her feet as she did. The massive blonde towered above her, much bigger than Fábio. She seemed to be over 1500’ tall! However, she wasn’t intimidated one bit, and she walked right towards the side of her bare foot. Even her ankle was around 70’ high.

There, Nila poked the side of Astrid’s foot. “Excuse me!”, she said, angrily. Of course, the Swiss girl didn’t even notice this. This, of course, made her even more angry, and started poking again. “Hey, you! Up there!”

After a few seconds, though, Astrid casually shifted her foot. This easily knocked Nila down on her back. The Indian girl, now furious, got back on her feet, but this time, she started pounding her fists against the side of Astrid’s foot. Her fists just bounced off the foot’s skin, harmlessly, but it did get the blonde’s attention.

Astrid felt a faint tickling on her foot, and looked down, raising an eyebrow. There, next to her foot, was a diminutive person, about ¼’’ tall to her. She crouched to get a closer look, and realized the tiny person was actually a girl. Amused, she watched as the diminutive girl seemed to be attacking her.

“Can I help you?”, asked Astrid. Her voice boomed in the ears of the Indian girl.

The sudden voice coming from above startled Nila, who yelped and stared up. “You…you…you…”, she managed to say, now intimidated, seeing the enormous blonde staring down at her, and crouching.

Astrid just chuckled. “Yes?”, she asked, grinning.

Nila took a deep breath. “You…who do you think you are?”, she finally asked.

“Me? Ummm…what are you talking about?”, asked Astrid, confused.

“Don’t play dumb with me, you oversized bimbo.”, said Nila, annoyed.

“Hey! I’m not a bimbo.”, she said, hands on hips. “Watch your mouth, little girl.”

“Just back off, you oversized slut.”, said Nila.

“Who are you calling slut, you little ant?!”, asked Astrid, now angry, and lifted her hand, holding her palm above Nila, as if threatening to slam it on her.

“Eeeek!”, Nila screamed, seeing this, and turned around and started running.

“Oh, no, you won’t, until you tell me what’s going on here.” With that, Astrid reached down for Nila and easily pinched her tiny body between her index and thumb fingers, gentle enough so she wouldn’t hurt her, but tight enough to hold her still. She then lifted her to face level, frowning.

“Why were you attacking me?”, Astrid asked.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! Please don’t hurt me!”, begged Nila, terrified.

“I’m not going to hurt you”, said Astrid. “I just want to know what was all that about.”

“Sorry! It’s just, I had a date with Fábio, and it seemed that you were trying to lure him away.”, said Nila, still shaking.

“What?”, asked Astrid, surprised. “You have a date with Fábio? He just invited me for a drink.”

Hearing this, Nila started turning from scared to angry”He what?!”

“Yeah, just now. He went to the bathroom, but we were supposed to go for a drink after that.”, answered Astrid.

“That jerk!”, said Nila. “We were going to hang out right now, too!”

“Oh, is that so?”, said Astrid. “Well, then, why don’t we go teach that jerk a lesson, then?”

“I couldn’t agree more”, said Nila, grinning.

Still in the bathroom, Fábio’s monologue continued.

“Well, this is a resort, right? People come here just to have fun. It’s not like I’m going to marry any of them, anyway. So maybe I should just go have fun with them, and then see what happens. Yeah, that’s what I’ll do.” And with that, he walked out of the bathroom.

As soon as he did that, though, an enormous foot stamped right in front of him, causing him to fall on his bottom. He yelped and stared up, seeing Astrid.

“A…Astrid! What’s going on?”, he asked, confused.

“Oh, I just want you to meet my new friend”, said Astrid, lowering her hand, so he could see Nila, standing on her open palm.

“Ehh…ummm…h…hi, Nila”, he said, nervous and ashamed.

“We found out about your game”, said Nila, crossing her arms. “But the game is over now.”

“I can explain, honestly!”, he said, but before he could explain anything, Astrid’s giant hand snatched him from the floor, dropping him on her palm.

“Say goodbye to our friend!”, said Astrid.

“Bye, bye, big boy.”, said Nila, smiling up at him.

“Wait, no, please!” he said, desperately.

“Too little, too late”, said Astrid, as she pinched is bathing suit with her fingers, ripping it off easily. Fábio quickly covered himself with his hands, blushing.

“Auf Wiedersehen!”, said Astrid, and flicked Fábio’s bottom with her finger, sending him flying a few feet, until he landed inside the pool, completely naked.

“What a jerk, really.”, said Nila.

“Indeed. Hey, sorry about before”, said Astrid.

“Oh, don’t worry. I was the one who attacked first, so…I’m sorry too.”, said Nila.

“Oh, let’s just forget about the whole thing, shall we? Do you want to come get a drink? I’ll introduce you to my friends”, suggested Astrid.

“Sounds like fun, sure.”, answered Nila, and the Swiss girl walked back to her friends with the Indian girl on her palm.