- Text Size +
Beef pulled up to the 300 block of Primrose Lane.  The driveway at 333, his destination, was full, and most, but not all of the street places were taken.

Beef looked to Dolly.  “Is this the place?” he said.

“Yep,” said the short, busty blonde sitting in  the passenger seat.  “This is where my sister’s getting married.”

Beef glanced at his car’s dashboard clock.  “It’s almost time,” he said.  “Shouldn’t there be more people?”

Dolly looked up at him.  “Beef, don’t you remember what I told you about Barbi’s medical condition?  Until just a few months ago, my baby sister and I had the same affliction as our fellow triplet.  Not a lot of people even know us, so this is going to be mostly family and some close friends.”

“Who’s doing the ceremony?” Beef asked.

“Judge Roger Shaw,” Dolly answered.  “He was a business contact of the groom, and he’s become a family friend since he helped cure Summer.  There wasn’t anyone else Barbi wanted to do the wedding.”

“Is he --” Beef said.

“Yes,” said Dolly, “definitely.  He‘s the one.”

As they got out of the car, Beef paused.  “Wait,” he said.  “You say he helped cure Summer?”

“He was instrumental in it,” Dolly said.

“But you said he’s a judge,” Beef said.

“Yes, I did,” Dolly said.  She grabbed Beef’s hugely muscled arm.  “Don’t worry,” she said.  “All will be explained, but it’ll be easier to believe once you see the bride.”

Beef shrugged. The movement of his shoulders and pecs under his turtleneck thrilled Dolly.  “Whatever,” he said.

Beef didn’t actually like wearing the turtleneck, but he didn’t have a lot of dressy clothes, and Dolly picked it out.  Since she liked the way it showed off his muscles, he was OK with wearing it.  He was just glad she wasn’t making him wear a necktie.  His neck muscles were so strong the turtleneck wasn’t a problem, but a tie still felt strangling.

Dolly led Beef  to the front door.  She had him wait on the back porch until she was sure she wasn’t interrupting something, then brought him in and upstairs, past the two-dozen or so people in the living room.

Dolly had Beef wait at the upstairs landing while she checked to make sure the bride and others were decent.  Satisfied they were, she invited him in.

Dolly swung the door open.  “Beef,” she said, “meet the family.”

There was a woman who was obviously the triplets’ mom, a handsome woman who would have been beautiful in her day.  And there was Summer Hoest, a rising star on the beach volleyball, commercial endorsement and hot celebrity circuits, who Beef knew was the youngest of the triplets by a matter of minutes.

But it was the bride, Barbi, who was the most striking. True, she looked radiant in her wedding gown, as brides often do; and, also true, she had a spectacular body, as did her two sisters, and a gorgeous face.

But what made Barbi so striking was her height, or lack thereof.  The bride was only 11 and a half inches tall.

Dolly was watching to see Beef’s reaction as she gestured around.  “Beef, this is my Mom, Lisa Hoest;  my sister, Summer Hoest, and my other sister, the bride-to-be, Barbi soon-to-be Hames.  Mom, sisters, this is Ben.”

“Please to meet you,” Ben,” said Summer.

“Likewise,” said Lisa.

“Same here,” said Barbi.  “Dolly, it’s not hard to see what you see in him.”

Beef regained his composure.  “Pleased to meet all of you,” he said.  He shook hands with the two taller women, having to look up at the 8-foot-tall Summer.  Then he hesitated when he came to Barbi.

“Your index finger will do,” the tiny woman said.

Beef smiled, relieved for the help.  “Of course,’ he said. And proffered his right index finger.  Barbi shook it.

“She calls you ‘Beef,’” Summer said.  “Is that just because of the muscles?”

Beef chuckled.  “No,” he said.  “I’ve had the nickname since I was little.  My name is Benjamin Efraim, and ‘Beef’ became what I was called pretty early.”

“But the muscles aren’t bad, either,” Dolly said.

“Definitely not,” Summer said.  She glanced at Barbi.

“Hey, don’t look at me,” the bride said.  “I’ve got my man.  I mean, Beef looks great, and if he’d been jumping out of a cake for me last night I might’ve liked it, but I’m focusing on my guy today.”

“As well you should,” Beef said.  He turned to Dolly and added, “Something for you to remember, Honey.”

Dolly put her hands on her hips.  “What does that mean?” she asked, smiling slyly.

“Well, you are both impulsive and an incorrigible flirt,” Beef said.

All three of the other women laughed.  “He’s got you pegged!” Summer said.

“He’d better,” Dolly said.  See, we’ve got some news, and I wanted to tell you privately, before the wedding, so we could keep Barbi’s day Barbi’s.  Beef and I are engaged.”

Gasps of joy and happy laughter followed, after which there were words of congratulations and hugs.  Beef was thrown by both the sheer sexual power of Summer’s hug, between her musculature and the warmth of her humongous boobs, and by the sensation of picking up the bride and holding her up to his face, where she kissed his nose.

As things were settling down, Lisa asked,  “So, what do you do for a living, Ben?”

That kind of question was one Beef had been prepared for.  “My dad owns a bunch of warehouses and industrial properties,” he said.  “I manage his operations around here.  I can promise, your little g--” he glanced at Barbi, then continued “Your daughter will be well provided for.”

Barbi chuckled.  ‘Relax, Beef. I’m comfortable about my size.  Thankfully, so is my groom.”

“I’m sorry,” Beef said.  “It’s just a bit of a surprise, to say the least.  Dolly tried to explain it to me, but the whole business with your physical conditions paralleling your names sounded so … sci-fi, I didn’t believe it until now.”

“More like fantasy than science fiction,” Lisa said.

“I really was the size of a penny when I was called Penny,” Summer said.  “And your fiancee was the size of a baby doll.  Mark -- the groom -- helped figure out how to beat the spell.”

“But I didn’t want him to change me,” Barbi said.  “I like who I am, size and all.  I think Dolly was so close to normal she could taste it, like a silver medalist at the Olympics, and Penny was so tiny just living was hard.  Me, I was -- and am -- a good size, at least for me.  Thankfully, Mark agrees.”

“Speaking of Mark, he’s waiting on us,” Lisa said.  “We need to get downstairs.”

Dolly picked up the bride and hugged her.  “I’m so happy for you!” each said to the other at the same time.

As they went into the hallway, Beef said, “So that really is why you keep that delivery man’s dolly in your closet?”

Dolly nodded.  “I’m the same height as it.  It’s the cure Mark gave me for my smallness.”

“Well, I’d love you whatever size you are,” Beef said.

“Same here,” Dolly said, squeezing his arm.

At the foot of the stairs stood Judge Shaw and Mark.  The groom looked nervous.  “Are they coming?” he asked.

Dolly patted his arm.  “On their way,’ she said.  “Relax, Mark.  Breathe.”

“Right,” Mark said, not relaxing at all.

Beef took a seat as Dolly walked back upstairs.  Soon a digital recording of a love song  began to play.  Dolly came down first and took her place beside Mark’s brother Alan.  Then Summer came down, eventually standing beside the best man, Mark’s friend Lee.

Then, to “Here Comes the Bride,” Lisa came down, carrying a pillow of the sort usually used by ring-bearers.  Atop it stood Barbi in her wedding dress.  When Lisa reached the rest of the wedding party, she stood, holding the pillow.

The judge made some opening remarks, then asked, “Who gives this woman to be married to this man?”

“I do,” said Lisa, handing the pillow and the bride to Mark as she did so.

Shaw looked out at the gathering, smiling.  “In all the wedding’s I’ve done, this is the first time the response to that question has been so literal,’ he said.  Everyone laughed.

From there, the ceremony proceeded with no problems.  The bride’s ring actually functioned as a bracelet for her, due to her tiny size.  At the kiss, Mark leaned down to her and she grabbed his face, kissing his lips as hard as she could while those present cheered.

The group gathered in the backyard for an informal reception meal.

“It’s a good thing you got me today,” Judge Shaw said.  ‘My wife and I are leaving in a week on a two-week vacation to the Bahamas.”

“I appreciate it, Roger,” Mark said.

Shaw put a hand on Mark’s shoulder.  “This was definitely my pleasure.”

After a short while, it was time for Mark and Barbi Hames to leave for their honeymoon.  During the ride, Barbi told Mark about Dolly’s news.

Mark’s brow furrowed momentarily as he drove.  “What did you say Beef’s last name is?” Mark asked.

Dolly’s eyes shifted as she tried to remember.  “You know, I don’t think they said,” she replied.  “And this meeting was the first time I’ve heard anything about this ‘Beef.’”

Mark set his jaw.  “Well the odds are Dolly will be fine,” he said.  “I mean, the name’s probably safe, and it’s not like she’s going to marry the guy before we get back, right?”

A cold chill ran down Barbi’s back as she remembered what Beef himself had pointed out about her older sister’s nature.  Folding her arms just under her breasts nervously, she said,  “No, she wouldn’t do that.”  She thought, but didn’t say out loud, the additional phrase, I think.