- Text Size +

Chapter 5

Cala wasn't disobedient. So she took care not to step on trees as she walked in the streets of Denver. Instead she stepped on cars. She had to plant her feet somewhere, and avoiding the flower-sized trees she carelessly crushed one car after the other, occupied or no.

It was quite a sight seeing her doing that!

First, her gigantic sole darkened the place where the car stood. Then a wall of pink-white flesh came down upon the poor little vehicle, hitting its roof. The glass of the windows flew in thousand shards around as the air inside the car was replaced by her enormous, descending foot. As she finally rested her incalculatable weight on the little car, its metal was pressed together, tires exploded or were blown from their axis.

SMASH! And another car was flattened. All within half a second.

People were killed just like the director. No matter how robust, no matter how important, no matter what sex, race or age, they all died with the same ease under the giantess' feet as she cared not to destroy the trees planted on either side of the street.

Cala was still growing. She was now 100 feet tall, still gaining height as she walked aimlessly through Denver. Traffic lights hanging about 12 feet over the street where kicked away by her toes, large footprints in the tarmac showed where she had walked with thin metal plates that had been cars a couple of moments ago in them.

She cared not about the mob of screaming people in front of her. She had been told not to step on tress, so she didn't step on trees. No one told her not to step on people. So her brain thought it didn't matter she put her feet on the little dots trying to run away from her. Too bad Cala was far quicker than the fastest runner, who couldn't run at full speed anyway because there was a mob of people on the street, each one busy with his or her own survival. Cala was able to overtake them with little effort, ending their lives without a thought, not out of malice, but because she didn't know any better. People burst open like juicy fat maggots as she trod upon them, leaving red goo behind, sure enough to make even the strongest of stomachs churn.

At 200 feet, Cala's growth halted. It seemed the yellow growing stuff had reached it limits. But being that big, Cala had trouble walking the streets and avoiding the trees at the same time, trees looking like small green dots of moss to her now. So she did the only thing her simple mind could come up with. She stepped on the tiny houses standing left and right of the road.

Like made of dried clay, the houses crumbled under her weight. Roofs caved in, walls collapsed, people and furniture were pulverized. A huge footprint, leaving little but a cellar filled with the pressed-together debris of the rest of the house was all the giantess left. Her enormous toes, each the size of an elephant, obliterated everything. Fences, flowerbeds, swimming pools, decorative rocks. Beautiful gardens were turned into large, muddy footprints as she stepped on them. And the houses. All was destroyed by those gigantic feet. Save trees. Cala had been told by the director not to step on trees, after all.

After a while, she stopped her aimless walk. Cala felt her bladder getting full.