- Text Size +
After spinning around a few times to take in my new surroundings, I noticed the moon-sized clock on my wall - 5.45! I had fifteen minutes to reach my parents before they left!

I turned towards my bedroom door and took off at a jog. After what seemed like an eternity (turning back I saw that it had been, in fact, ten minutes), I made it to the doorframe. Now it was just a matter of going down the hall and across the living room, where... what? I had no idea.

Having seen no sign of my parents, I made it as far as the living room when the doorbell rang. Knowing that my chances of being noticed by someone headed for the door were slim, I ran under the couch that faced the television, from which point I could see the entire room.

My mom called out "Hank! We're leaving!" as she walked through the living room in heels - I thanked myself for getting out of the way. Our carpeting was thick, but I didn't trust my odds under those spikes. She opened the door and I strained to see Julie.

When she walked in, my jaw dropped. Gorgeous didn't begin to describe her. She was short; he guessed she was just over five feet tall. Mom hadn't been kidding about her being slim, either. Her blonde hair was in a loose ponytail that came down to the small of her back. She was dressed casually, in a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers, which she kicked off at the door. She carried a small blue backpack.

I was so entranced by her I almost missed my dad mentioning a hotel chain. "Tell the kids we'll see them sometime tomorrow. Paula and Hank are both in their rooms."

"TOMORROW?!" I yelled out before I could stop myself. I clamped my hands over my mouth, but it didn't matter - they hadn't heard me. Tomorrow? They were staying out overnight?

"Okay," she said. I swooned a little at the sound of her voice. I knew I wouldn't get to my parents before they left, and I was beginning to go over my options.

I sat down and engrossed myself in thought so deeply that I missed my parents leaving and Julie walking over to the couch. My head snapped up when she dropped her bag next to it, though, and I saw her feet on the ground off to my right as she sat down. I crawled over to get a better look.

She was wearing socks, plain white ones that were new enough to still be a little padded. her jeans were loose and came down enough so that they hooked under her heels slightly. While there was a smell, it wasn't overpowering, and I wouldn't even go so far as to say it was bad.

As her massive toes twitched, I felt part of me jump in response, and I realized with a jump how excited I was getting by this.