- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Short Chapter. 

"You are going to walk up to their house and explain EVERYTHING to them about what happened to Andrew. Got it!?" Katelyn couldn't meet her sister's eyes and simply nodded. Tanya was furious now, Katelyn knew, and Katelyn was responsible for Andrew's loss. She knew it deep down and only accepted Tanya's rage.

"You ready? Let's go. Now" Katelyn stood up off the bed and walked out of their house, Tanya following close behind her. On the short walk Katelyn could only imagine what had already happened to Andrew. She thought of all the terrible things that could happen to someone at his size. The most common image was one where he was crushed underneath someone's heel. Her eyes teared up as she kept reliving each image that her brain threw at her.

Katelyn wasn't the only one about to cry. Tanya was right behind her with silent tears slowly dripping down her cheeks as she also imagined what had happened to Andrew. She held herself and kept walking while crying. Both girl's were very distraught over the events of the morning.

Tanya was so deep in her thoughts that when Katelyn turned and she followed subconsciously, she didn't realize that they had arrived already. She bumped into Katelyn when Katelyn stopped and looked up to see her sister looking back at her. She dried her tears and assumed an angry look.

"Knock on the door Kate." She said. Katelyn turned and knocked. A minute later, a surprised looking Angela appeared at the door.

"Oh, Tanya, hi! And Katelyn? What are you doing here?" 

"I'm uhh, I have to..." Katelyn couldn't get the words out without choking up so Tanya stepped up and talked for her sister.

"Katelyn and I need to talk to you and your mom Angela. Could we come in quickly?" Angela nodded and opened the door, stepping aside. The 2 girls walked in and sat down in the living room on the couch waiting for the blonde girl and her mother to appear.

The footsteps were heard and soon Judy Griffin's tall form appeared next to her daughter's short body and they sat down in chairs across from the couch, a table seperating the two families.

"Hi Tanya. And Katelyn..." She said Katelyn's name with a tone of surprise. "Why are you two here?" Judy cocked her head at Tanya and Tanya nodded indicating that Katelyn knew about Andrew.

"We're here to talk about Andrew." Angela gave a start of surprise as soon as Andrew's name was mentioned.

"Ok where is he then?" Judy asked the girls. Katelyn looked away guiltily and Tanya looked down also.

"That's why we're here. Katelyn needs to tell you something. And this is serious! Listen to every part of her story. Katelyn, if you will." She said in a mock generosity. Katelyn sat still for a few minutes not looking at anybody but when she turned back to the Griffin's her face was streaked with tears. And that's when her story came pouring out.

Angela and Judy listened with intent ears and their faces became more morbid and sullen as Katelyn continued her story. Katelyn's tears started to flow more freely as she recalled the night before and then she finished up when she told them what she had discovered after rearriving back at her house.

"And I looked in my bag, preparing to put him back, and he wasn't there! He was gone! I'm sorry, god i'm so sorry! I-i'm a monster!" Katelyn held her head in her hands the tears dripping through her hands. Angela sat back in her chair and started crying herself while Tanya and Judy had the same reaction, they both had intense stares and straight faces while trying to control their emotions.

"Y-you mean he's not here?" Judy asked Katelyn. Katelyn nodded and continued to cry.

"Where would he be?" Judy asked with a tight voice. She was really trying to keep herself from killing the girl on the spot. Yes, she wanted to kill Katelyn at the moment.

"H-he could be anywhere! Or he could be d-d-d..." Katelyn couldn't finish her sentence before breaking down again. Judy sat back clenching and unclenching her fist trying to control her emotions. Angela dried her tears and stood up walking over to the older girl. Her emotions weren't concealed and the angry tears were there.

"I ought to kill you right now. But no, that's illegal and we need to find Andrew. And your going to help us NOW!" Angela spat at Katelyn and for the millionth time that day, Katelyn nodded.

Tanya interrupted and said,

"Ok, I promise that we are going to do ANYTHING to help find Andrew. But we need to go home now before anything too serious happens. I will see you guys later and we will look for Andrew." Angela sat back down and nodded and Judy remained motionless. Tanya got up quickly ushering Katelyn out the door before a fight erupted. Katelyn allowed herself to be pushed out the door by her sister and was walking back to her house. They arrived back at their house quickly.

Tanya at in her room with Katelyn there too. 

"You are going to help find Andrew or else. Got it?" 

"Yes" Katelyn muttered. 

"Good, because if we don't find him, i'm going make sure your life isn't going to be fun." Katelyn nodded once more.

And then the full realization that she could have killed someone sank in and her cries could be heard throughout the house.

Chapter End Notes:

Little boring, but next chapter is much more interesting.