- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a story for a friend of mine. The first chapter can be a bit slow, as it is meant to introduce the tool for the main girl's power. The real bit of action is infact at the end of this chapter.
The Trickster

By RamsusXIII

Prologue

She had enough. She was tired of the hustle and bustle, tired of the crowding. Life in Tokyo was driving her insane. Walking those crowded streets, being pushed and shoved against, riding the packed trains and buses to school, having her ass and breasts gripped by some pervert. School was not much better. The boys were pigs, and some of the girls weren’t much better. At home, her parents and sister bugged her nonstop.

Kari was at her wits end, every morning was waking up into stress, sleep was the only moment of peace she had. Her grades were slipping because of all of it, which made her family get on her case even more. She had contemplated suicide but didn’t have the heart to go through with it. Then at some point in her life, things would start to change. One night she wished for someone to rescue her from this ant-in-a-busy-colony life, a knight in shining armor to rescue this damsel in distress

As if someone heard her cries, her wish, like a guardian angel that finally decided to make his move, “He” was ready to intervene.

Chapter 1: The Casting of the Die

The alarm clock blared with the noise of awakening and it wasn’t long before it was struck with a fair-skinned fist smashing down on it. “Oh great, another day…why couldn’t I NOT wake up this time,” Kari grumbled, rolling out of bed and sitting on the edge, stretching and yawning, dropping her head and looking down on herself. Her pink pajamas, made just so it would look like that of a kimono, were wrinkled from a restless sleep. Her long, black, silky hair was disheveled and all over the place; untidy bangs hanging over her dark eyes. She was a cute girl for the most part, her breasts were small, but well formed and ample, her body was slightly toned from her gym classes and she had quite an ample rear, she was also a tad on a short side, coming up 5’4” at best.

She wiggled her toes with a sigh and looked over at the clock, “Time to get ready I guess,” she mumbled to herself and stood up with another stretch and began to switch out of her nightwear, do her hair and into her school uniform, the traditional, white sailor shirt, blue skirt, thick white socks and black mary janes. She almost made sure to pack her gym outfit, a long white t-shirt and red bloomers along with her sneakers.

She started out of room, only to bump into her older, taller sister Karin. Kari fell down onto her rear and glared up at her sister. “Hey! Watch where you’re going!”

Karin glanced down at her younger sister and snorted. She was far more attractive than her sister, with long flowing hair that was dyed a golden blonde; she had a pretty face where as Kari was just cute. Karin’s eyes were far more captivating, her breasts were large, perky and firm, her legs were long, creamy and thick. “Didn’t see you down there, pipsqueak!” She teased, laughing afterwards. Her uniform were much like her sister’s, except hers was brown, showing that she was an upperclassman, and she sported dark nylon stockings instead of socks.

Kari grumbled and stood to her feet, dusting herself off and glaring up at her sister, “Oh good morning, Kari. Sorry for bumping into you, here let me help you up!” She mocked, “Feel free to be NICE for once in your life.”

“Don’t flatter yourself; be lucky you even get to be my sister. Now run along, or else you’ll be late,” She smirked, thrusting her chest against Kari’s face, causing her to stumble backwards.

Kari growled and turned around and stomped off, heading downstairs, grabbing a quick breakfast without so much of a word to her parents who were watching her the whole time, and heading out the door.

From there it was yet another typical day, the bus ride to the train station, crowded, smelly and the occasional freak stealing a grope at her bits. The train ride was more of the same. Typical day at school from there, girls holding their better beauty over her, guys being creeps; one would think she’d be used to it by now, grow numb to it, maybe build immunity, but that wasn’t the case. She had friends, but she barely saw them throughout the day, only during gym class and that was it.

One her way home, she wondered how long she would have to endure this hectic life, until she would come across someone who would change her life as she knew it.

She made her way down the sidewalk toward the bus stop with her head hung low and sighed, the way home from school wasn’t any better than the way to school.

“Miss, you look troubled,” called out a soft voice.

“Huh?” She looked up and saw him standing there, leaning against a concrete wall, snacking on a shiny red apple. She blinked a few times, looking him over. He was a tad tall, 6’2”, sporting an all black schoolboy outfit. The black gakuran, a collared button up militaristic jacket, black pants, black shoes; his short hair was also black and his eyes seemed as dark as the night, resting behind black, fashionable frames.

“You looked troubled,” he repeated, biting into the apple and chewing slowly as he stared at her with those deep black holes for eyes.

She gave a sarcastic smirk, “What’s it to you? What are you supposed to be? Some suave pervert with the intent on raping me, try one of the prettier schoolgirls. You could probably charm them easier.” She did find him rather handsome, and his voice sounded so perfect that it tickled her ears a bit.

“Harsh, but that isn’t what I had in mind.” He said softly, taking another bite of the apple, chewing and swallowing. “I want to help you with your wishes.”

She gave him a blank stare.

“I thought you might feel that way. Think of me as a guardian angel, I’ve heard your cries for help and I want to help you.”

“Thanks but no thanks, weirdo,” She scoffed, starting to continue her walk.

He grinned and looked over to her, “But Kari, don’t you want to at least hear me out?”

She stopped promptly and gasped and turned around to glare at him, “How do you know my name?”

“I don’t just know your name. I know you,” he pointed to her, “Your birthday, your family, your friends, school, and the things you go through everyday.”

“Oh joy!” She exclaimed, full to the brim with sarcasm, “So I have a stalker! How flattering! I hope you still feel that way when I call the cops on you!”

He adjusted his glasses and smiled, “The stressful life can make one so bitter that they’re sharp as a knife. All I want to do is help, make your life better, and make your life as well as it should be.”

She folded her arms and rolled her eyes, “And how do you plan to do that? Going to whisk me away to some private island where I have no worries? Sorry pal, I’m not buying it. And if you excuse me, I have a bus to catch.”

“Wouldn’t be nice to actually get a bus seat, all to yourself with no one crowding you? Where you can actually relax on your way home?”

“Perhaps, but that only happens in nowhere lands, not in this town, sorry.”

“Then attempt to call my bluff. I’ll make it happen. I’ll make room for you on that bus.”

Kari blinked some more and began to laugh, shaking her head, “You’re really off of it you know that? What are you some kind of wizard or something? Or a psychic? Whooo…” She mocked, wiggling her fingers and whirling around, walking off toward the bus stop.

“Well, seeing is believing after all.” He smirked, tossing the apple away and suddenly vanishing in a poof of light.

Kari arrived to the bus stop just in time, as the bus arrived just as she did. She boarded and paid her fare and gasped as she looked down the aisle. It was pretty much empty! It wasn’t crowded; there were plenty of seats available. Was that man with the apple serious? Nah, she thought and went to take a seat for the first time in a long time. It just had to be a coincidence.

Except…

The next day held more of the same. The buses and trains were virtually empty. Kari couldn’t help but think about it. This city was far too crowded; could that guy have been telling the truth? But if he was for real, how did he make it happen?

The train pulled to a stop and she stepped off and glanced around, only a mere fraction of people were there compared to the normal crowding, pushing, and shoving, “The train station too?” She whispered to herself, glancing around and heading out of the station. It was so strange to her; she could actually hear her own footsteps, along with the steps of others, coughs, sneezes, sounds that echoed throughout the station. No constant beeping and buzzing of cellphones, no one talking over each other. She could breathe, she could finally breathe.

As she exited out of the station, there he was, leaning against a marble wall and grinning over at her. “Enjoyed your peace and quiet?” He asked, completely sincere, when he said he wanted to help her, he wasn’t kidding.

She looked to him and licked her lips, starting to look all shy, “Did you really do it? Make them all just…disappear?” She asked meekly, starting to walk down the sidewalk, gesturing for him to follow.

“Well,” He started, walking beside her, “Not really…disappear per-se. Just forced them into a situation where they couldn’t go about their daily lives, that’s all.”

She gasped, looking up to him, “You didn’t…kill them did you?”

“Don’t be silly. They’re alive and well, just unable to make it out of their homes.” He chuckled, his dark eyes flickering.

“And how do I know it’s not just a coincidence? I haven’t exactly seen proof you know.”

He ran a hand through his hair and smiled, “You are right. Do you require proof? I can give you proof, if you’re prepared for it.”

“What do you mean prepared? What’s that supposed to mean?”

“The proof I provide you may be a bit more than you can handle.”

“Oh please! I’m starting to get tired of your bullcrap, just forget it okay?” She shook her head and huffed, walking ahead of him and stomping up the steps leading to her school, “It’s all riddles and games, it’s probably some strange happening, maybe some event for adults is going on and they had the day off.” She looked behind her shoulder to glare at him, but he was already gone.

She looked around and scratched her head, “Now where did he—ah whatever, who cares about that wacko anyway?”

Kari went about her school day which went like normal, much to her dismay. Boys harassing her, girls showing themselves off to her, making her feel inferior. However, one particular boy decided to bug her more than anyone else. His name was Jason; he was American, 6’4”, short blonde hair with an athletic build. He shared classes with her and was seated fairly close to her, and would bother her nonstop. He would taunt her, cop a feel off of her, and even attempt to force himself onto her and no one would come to the poor girl’s aid…at least not yet.

It was at the end of her last class of the day, P.E. She was in the girl’s locker room sitting alone, changing out of her gym uniform back into her school uniform. On went her top, her skirt, and her socks. She took her shoes out the locker and slipped them on. With a sigh, she stood up and took her first step. The entire moment seemed in slow motion: her foot rising, the stomach pulling feeling of a quick rise, ears popping. Then the movement: her foot whooshing through the air, feeling as if one were trapped on the outside of a plane. Then the decent: the heavy, nauseating feeling you get when going downward on an amusement park ride. Then the impact: her foot hitting the floor, weight and pressure being forced down into the step as she moved her weight through it, and then…

*Crunch*

*Squish*

If you were Jason, the boy that was harassing Kari earlier, this would have been your experience. You wouldn’t have time to question why you suddenly blacked out and then reappear, shrunken down to an inch and a half tall and stuck to the ridged bottom of a mary jane.

Kari gasped, nearly slipping and falling after those quiet, yet oddly deafening and surprising sounds. She stumbled for control and managed to stay on her feet, frowning, “God, did someone spill something on the floor? It’s so slippery…” She then glanced down and saw the trail, the streak of blood that led to her shoe. She raised an eyebrow and slowly lifted her foot and a tiny figured dropped from her shoe. From her view, she thought it was a bug, yet it wasn’t any bug she had ever seen.

She took a closer look, stooping down and her face went pale. Her eyes widened, her mouth dropped. She was staring at a slightly compressed body, desperately twitching for life. It was a horrid sight, it was slightly twisted, its neck was broken and it spat up blood like a fountain. Its body was marked with the ridges of a mary jane sole.

And that it, was Jason.