- Text Size +

The face I saw outside the pocket was Bridgette’s. I got incredibly nervous and unsure of what to think. Should I be excited about what was going to happen, or should I be scared at what she may do when she finds me? Well, I didn’t have much of a choice, as she grabbed pretty much everything that was in the backpack slot I was in.

“Let’s see if I can find out who you belong to…” she was saying to herself.

I yelled up to her “Bridgette, It’s me Charlie!”

It startled her and she dropped everything that was in her hands, including me. I was once again falling, but it was a much shorter fall and I knew that falls wouldn’t kill me now. I hit the ground, but it didn’t really much as I landed on my wallet. After I got myself standing up again and balanced, I turned around to see one of the most intimidating sights I have ever seen. What I saw was the massive form that was Bridgette. Although she was only kneeling down right now, she looked about 90-100 feet tall. I’d only imagine how tall she would be when standing up.

“Oh my god, Charlie, is that really you?” she said in a little shock.

“Y-yeah it’s me.” I nervously whispered.

“Wha-What happened? You’re so tiny now.”

“I-I r-really don’t know”

I really started to sweat out of fear and embarrassment. My clothes were all hot and sticky.

“Wow, you must be absolutely terrified being that small.”

I nodded.

I really didn’t know what to say. This was probably the longest conversation I had ever had with a girl I really liked. I just stood there like an idiot nervously eyeing Bridgette down. She could see that I was incredibly nervous and lay her hand down to see if I wanted to be picked up. I nodded and walked on to her hand. She raised me up to her beautiful face.

“It’s OK Charlie.” She said comfortingly, “I’m not going to hurt you. I only want to help you. Now, can you remember what you were doing last before this happened to you?”

I tried to remember what I was doing before this happened. I was doing work in the science department. I was getting boxes out of the storage room, I opened one of the boxes up, it had this strange liquid that I spilled on myself….

“The liquid!” I yelled out.

“Liquid? What liquid?”

I explained to Bridgette about the liquid that I opened up in the science storage room and how it was the property of a Theresa Mourchek.

“Hmm,” Bridgette thought, “Who could that be…… Ms Moe!”

“Wait, Ms. Moe?” I asked surprisingly.

“Yeah, Ms.Moe, our old Chemistry teacher! People just call her that because her real name is too long. If she created the liquid, maybe she knows a way to return you to normal size!”

“You’re right!” I replied “When can we see her?”

“I think she has a class right now, but I think we can talk to her next period.”

“Perfect.”

I waited in the office with Bridgette hiding me from view of anyone spotting me for the time being. And then when the bell rang, she took me and my stuff with her upstairs and into the chemistry room, where Ms. Moe was working.

“Bridgette!” She called “How have you been?”

“I’m great” She replied.”I just need to ask you a big question.”

“Anything darling.” She said with a smile.

“Do you know anything about a blue liquid in the storage room?”

Her smile quickly faded into a more nervous look.

“I… uhh, don’t know.” She said with a really bad poker face. “Why do you ask?”

“Well….” Bridgette started as she brought me out and showed me to Ms. Moe. Ms Moe gasped and took a step back.

“Oh no. It’s happened again!”

“What?” Birdgette and I said at the same time.

 

“OK, I guess I’d better explain myself” She started, “ When I was a chemistry student, I created this little mixture as an assignment for a class, when I presented it to my teacher, I accidently spilled some of it on him. Nothing happened immediately, as he cleaned it off of himself pretty easily. But then, after a few minutes, he started to shrink. Everyone huddled around his tiny body and… and….”

She started to tear up.

“..and one kid went and stomped on him! Now while it did take a lot of stomps for it to work, he was stomped into the dust.  My teacher was dead! And it was all my fault!”

Ms Moe was bawwing out right now.

“I’m so sorry,” Bridgette said consolingly, “But is there any way to reverse the effect”

“I’m afraid not,” Ms Moe said still sniffling, “ After the event, I locked my mixture away and never touched it again. I would have to experiment a long time to get it to work, but as of right now, I sorry Charlie, but you’re going to be that size forever.”

“For-For-Forever?”

Then I started bawwing to. I couldn’t believe it. I was going to be tiny, a weakling, a bug, a toy, forever. Bridgette tried her best to calm me down.

“Shh, Shh, It’s OK, I’m not going to let you get hurt. You can stay with me if you’d like. I’ll keep you safe and protect you.”

I nodded back to her. I was to depressed and confused right now to fully comprehend the situation. I was going to the home of the one woman a truly liked. After a while, the stress tired me out, and Bridgette put me in her shirt pocket and took me to her home……..