- Text Size +

 Rose was terrified. She'd been walking down a side street when her world had exploded around her, causing her to drop to her knees in panic. Then a great force had surrounded her. She felt like she was tumbling through a great void, being thrown about as though by the fleeting fancies of gods. Finally the turbulence came to a stop, and for a brief moment Rose rested. She was surrounded by a warm darkness, and it made her uncomfortable. She tried squirming against it, but it was ultimately unyielding to her.

Suddenly, light shone onto her face. She squinted against it, looking up. She could see the sky overhead, and for some reason that comforted her. If she were being kidnapped, she reasoned, she would probably be trapped in a warehouse or something. As her vision cleared, a titanic visage came into view. She frowned, resolving the details in her mind. Moving beyond the fact that she believed herself to be encased in the hand of a giant, she noticed that the face had feminine features; thin eyebrows, long eyelashes, and a small mouth. It slowly dawned on her that the giant woman seemed angry with her. She shivered in fright, staring up at this impossible scene.

The giant began to speak, and recognition immediately washed over Rose. This was her boyfriend's ex, the one he'd spoken of only briefly, and even then she had sensed the bitterness in his tone. How had this happened? How had she come to be captured by a giant version of his ex? This didn't make any sense!

“Not much to you, is there?” The giant woman asked of Rose. Not much to her? She was a normal person! She couldn't become a giant at will, that was no fault of her own! Had her boyfriend known that his ex could grow? She'd have to ask him later – if, it morbidly occurred to her, there was a later.

The giant ex studied Rose for another minute, just staring down at her. It made Rose uncomfortable, being examined as though she were meat. She felt the giant fingers rub against her flesh, and wondered idly where her clothes had gone. It hadn't occurred to her that she was naked until now, but at the moment that seemed like the least of her problems.

“Well, no matter. It's fine if he wants to date other women. I'm sure destiny will bring him back to me, don't you think?” The giantess asked of Rose. The tiny woman squeaked a response, but it seemed to go unheeded. She was becoming incredibly worried; the look in the ex's eyes had gone from distasteful to malicious.

“Let's see if it will.” Rose was manipulated by the powerful fingers, moved around like a tiny action figure. The giant woman's left hand was wrapped around her body, just under her armpits. The right pinched Rose's left arm between the index finger and thumb. This woman's grin had suddenly become downright sadistic.

“He loves me,” She said, and with a soft tug, Rose felt her arm come free from her body. She howled in agony, twisting and thrashing in the iron grip. She beat her right arm against the massive fingers, whipping her head from side to side like a crazed animal. The sensation of her flesh tearing away from itself replayed over and over, alongside the crunch of her bones separating. She was hysterical, issuing pleas in rapid-fire succession, anything she could think of as fast as she could speak it.

“He loves me not.” The statement was said with an angry tone, and Rose's other arm was ripped from her. She shrieked again, the pain of having her arms amputated by being ripped from her searing through her whole being. Blood ran down her pale flesh, collecting in little pools where Rose's body met the giant hand. Rose was tilted so that she was laying on her back, and the fingers uncurled to expose her bare front. Weakly, the tiny woman pushed against the palm with the soles of her feet, trying to scoot herself away from her tormentor. She felt a pinch on her thigh.

“He loves me,” The knowledge of what was to come made the suffering worse. Rose could barely think straight as her leg was pulled off of her body, like pulling the wings off of a fly. She briefly wondered why nobody was helping her. At least the police should be responding to something like this, right? She thought this must be one of the most traumatic things to happen to anybody, and it was as though there was no concern for her suffering. She felt herself slipping away, and suddenly felt as though she could see herself, looking down from the giant woman's perspective. In her mind, she looked peaceful and serene, laying with her hair fanned out around her head. In reality, she was a shivering, screaming insect, squirming pathetically in a pool of her own blood.

“He loves me not.” The phrase came with cold finality, and her other leg was torn from her flesh. Rose wasn't sure whether or not she screamed. She knew she felt the pain, a stabbing agony coming from the place where her leg had been. But it was so hard for her to keep track of what was going on. She worried that it would be too hard to stop the giant woman, that more people would die before she was defeated. But she was sure that she would be defeated. She had to be. Something this evil would be punished someday.

Rose had stopped squirming and writhing. She lay still, her blood still slowly draining from her body. The giant woman turned her body over a few times, covering her in her blood. Then she gripped Rose's head between her forefinger and thumb and squeezed. It popped with a soft snap, like breaking a Saltine cracker in half. “He loves me.” She whispered to herself. She looked down at the grass beside her and wiped the body and blood into the dirt, picking a different location with each smear. The body crumpled and crushed instantly, and in a matter of seconds, Rose was nearly indistinguishable from the ground. The cruel woman stood up, wiping what remained of the remains on her pants, and calmly left the park.