- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The first few logs, where he actually discovers what entails him towards his progress.

Log Day 1-

After much discussion with the headmaster, he has finally agreed to allow me access to the labs. Due to this, i have decided to start my log today as my research would so-called start today as well. Going through the list of equipment in this lab, I can see it has the basic necessities I require, like a deoxyribonucleic acid analyzer (DNA basically) and spectrophotometer. It's not much but it will do for now, since I do have other side-projects to maintain in the mean time. Though this project will have to be done by me and me alone, finding other sympathizers may not be easy but it may happen.

I now sit in front of my desk, pondering what matters I have to consider for this project to go on. A few sensitive issues take place in my project, the main one being human testing. Though my project mainly focuses on embryo genetics, there may require the use of fully grown adults, especially an extremely fertile female. Still, there are other factors to consider, which I will try to list down.

-Firstly, how do I proceed with the actual project? Will my gene modifications actually work or will they cause mutations?

-How do i actually observe the results of my project in my lifetime?

-Apart from gene modifications, are there other factors to consider in the growth of my projects?

-Will it be accepted by the public when it is finally released, despite the amount of possibilities in the future?

-What actual size should I consider for it to actually be the way in envisioned? A slight increase may still force males to adapt more violent methods to retain their 'status'.

-Where do i obtain the required 'ingredients' for me to begin? And on who shall i start it out with?

-Finally, the project actually last in the long term or will evolution just revert it back to normal?

Considering all these factors, I shall now go to bed thinking about the answers. Hopefully by then, I can begin my project not to soon after.

----------

Log Day 2-

For some reason, when i woke up this morning, it was as if a sense of clarity washed over me with the morning rays. All the answers to my questions were brought to me, but for now i shall not endulge you with boring formalities, I shall just explain what will the original plan so far will be.

In order to begin my project, my first discovery would be to able to have perfect observation of my project. To do so, i would not only require a virtual synthesizer in order to get a rough grasp of the effects of my genetic modifications, but also i will need to devise a way to be able to see live effects in human subjects. Thus so far, my first task is to actually create a way to age children faster, and specificially adapt them towards the embryonic and pubertal stage of life. Normally this is not done by other scientists, because look at it this way, who wants to grow older? Everyone wants to stay young, right? This makes my project a little easier as there will be spying and questions from the public as it is not something they consider, useful. In spite of that, my subjects when i have actually completed the initial stages, will have to live in my home. Hopefully by then, I have gathered enough funds to build my own laboratory at home, from my cancer cure project. Yes, you may ask, why cure cancer? Because i plan to focus those cancer cells into beneficial cells that will promote cell growth. For now that is all i can divulge on.

----------

Log Day 3-

The headmaster came to me today, asking if i was going to start on any projects soon. Because of this, I may have to stop on my logs for at least a week to keep him from snooping around. In the mean time, i can so far say that I have successfully pinpointed certain genes which would enable success in my project. The LIN28B gene is one of those and mostly affects puberty. So far, if I can affect the pubertal stages of females, then maybe I can slowly increase their overall height, slowly but surely. Apart from that, it seems that I am going to be bothered again. So, goodbye and i promise I will send another report soon.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed the intro, but yeah sorry going to be busy for a week or so, but the next chapter should get people more interested. I'm going to start telling on little growing children (no they will be all teenagers but yeah you get the general idea)