- Text Size +

 Erinn always enjoyed the darkness of early morning streets, when it was so dark that every source of light was noticeable. She had always been something of a night owl, and it was on these strolls more than anywhere else that she was able to clear her head. She didn't have anything heavy weighing on her mind tonight, but she walked the streets nonetheless out of routine.

 

Along her route, Erinn paused. She thought she heard a rumbling noise, and sure enough she had. It was rapidly getting louder, and she crouched behind a nearby rhododendron. A car with its lights off sped past her a short ways before hitting their brakes sharply, causing the car to lurch forward. The back door opened and a man was rolled out, crying out weakly. The door slammed and the car took off again, turning a corner and speeding out of sight. Erinn waited for a full minute before coming out of cover. The man was on the other side of the street about a block away, and she jogged over to see how he was.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” She whispered, crouching by his head. He looked up, and through the darkness she could see joy in his eyes.

 

“N-no, they stabbed me a couple times in the gut.” His words were clipped and his tone strained. Erinn nodded.

 

“Does anyone else know you're here?”

 

“No, nobody's coming to help. Please, you gotta call an ambulance.”

 

“Does anyone know you were with them tonight?”

 

The man seemed hesitant to answer the question. “I... I mean, no, they didn't...” He was obviously getting weaker. Erinn smiled, standing up.

 

“Great.” She said, then delivered a swift kick to his stomach. He grunted in pain, rolling onto his side, and Erinn kicked him in the face. His head snapped back and blood began to spurt from his nose.

 

“Please, stop!” He cried out hoarsely. “What're you doing?”

 

“Just having my fun.” She said. He rolled onto his front and started to try to stand, but Erinn kicked him in the ribs until he went down again, then stomped hard on his hand. He gave a low scream after every blow, his heart racing. In the lawn beside him he spotted a nice, fist-sized rock. He grabbed it and swung at Erinn's ankle. It hit with a wet crack, and Erinn shrieked, much louder than he had, and fell to the ground, clutching her ankle.

 

“Little bitch,” The man started, getting to his hands and knees again. Erinn had hit her head when she fell and she was momentarily dazed, but she'd regained her senses by the time he started crawling on top of her. She frantically searched through her purse as the wounded man lifted the rock above his head, and before he could bring it down she shot him with a thin beam from a small device in her hand. All at once, he collapsed within his clothes. The rock fell onto Erinn's chest, causing her to grunt. She brushed it off, then started searching through the pile of clothes on top of her, extracting a tiny little man.

 

“I was just gonna beat up on you some more and carry on with my night, but no. You had to go and be an asshole, didn't you?” She murmured bitterly. He was in complete shock. The man was certain that the past five minutes had been the worst five minutes of his life, and he wasn't sure the next few were going to get any better. Erinn set him on the curb, sitting beside him, and rested the rock on his tiny body. It wasn't crushing him, but he wasn't going to go anywhere. She took the time to inspect her injury.

 

“You know, you could have caused some serious damage with that.” Erinn said as she rolled her ankle back and forth. Everything seemed to check out, and she breathed a sigh of relief. She turned her attention to the squirming man pinned beneath the small rock. “I think you should apologize.”

 

“I-I'm sorry! Please, I'm sorry!” He gasped out as loudly as he could. He was still bleeding from the stomach, and the heightened terror of the situation wasn't making that any better.

 

“Not to me, silly.” She pulled him out from underneath the rock, then held him to her ankle. She was wearing tiny socks that only covered her feet, so her ankle was exposed. “To this. Go ahead and kiss it and say you're sorry.” Begrudgingly, he got to his knees and leaned out, kissing the hard ankle. He looked up to see Erinn grinning widely down at him.

 

“Good boy! Now you're going to kiss the rest of my foot.” As she said this, she was taking off her shoe.

 

“What? No, I did what you asked! Please, take me to a hospital and grow me back!”

 

“I'll take you to a hospital if you keep doing what I say. If you disobey me I'll snap your neck. Does that sound fair?” He stared up at her in shock. This girl looked so young, how was it that she was this cruel? He nodded slowly, and she smiled in response. “I'm so happy you think so! Now, get to kissin'.” She held him in front of her bare foot, and he did as he was told, kissing her dirty foot. The cool night air had kept her feet fairly cool, but there was still a veneer of sweat that he could taste with every lick. Far above he could hear her girlish giggles, their lightheartedness juxtaposed against his inhuman treatment.

 

“So, you wanna go to the hospital, huh?” She looked around as though there would be one in sight. “Well, I'm not really sure where one is. I guess I can wander around and look for you. And hey, I'll even get you a great place to ride.” She pressed him against her toes, sliding him into the groove they made, then pulled her sock back on to trap him in place. “You just stay right there and I'll focus on getting us to the hospital, okay?”

 

“Wait, no! I'll die in here!” He screamed, but she pretended not to hear. She put her shoe on, sealing him in darkness. He struggled against her toes, but she wiggled them playfully, putting immense pressure on his bruises and crushing any will to resist.

 

Erinn got to her feet and started walking, being sure to put pressure on her prisoner from time to time. She was absolutely not heading for a hospital, something she wondered if the tiny man understood. She also wondered whether or not he would die in her shoe before she got him back home. It didn't really matter to her, but she thought she'd quite like to extinguish him herself.

 

The man, incidentally, was wondering the same thing. Every time her foot came down he felt her weight mash him down, crushing his insides together. He kissed and rubbed at her toes, hoping that by doing so she would show mercy to him. He had no idea the giant girl didn't even notice it. He muttered curses and pleas under his breath, which was getting weaker and shallower by the step. He struggled to cling on to life, and may have lost that struggle were it not for the fact that he refused to die where a piece of dirt would.

 

Erinn got home and walked up to her room, taking her shoes and socks off. She checked underneath her foot and snickered at the little man stuck to her sole. She pulled him off and held him to her nose, making a face of disgust. “Gross. You smell like my feet.”

 

“I thought... you were taking me... to a hospital.” He said, as though she was caught in a lie. She exhaled sharply through her nose, dropping him to the floor. He hit the ground hard, screaming in pain. He realized he was laying on a thin sheet of plastic, and looked up, frowning.

 

“I thought you were smarter than a bag of rocks.” She brought her sole down on him before he could react. His body broke apart, and she wiped up what stuck to her foot with a napkin, placed it on the saran wrap with the rest of his remains, then gathered it all up and threw it in the trash.