- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So this is my first attempt at a story.  I'm hoping to get some feedback on it.  Just a heads up I wrote this late at night, thats when I have my best creative energy buti it's also when my quality control is lowered. The writing may be a bit stream of consciousness as a result.  Please let me know what you think.

Cindy Barefoot walked through the hallway of the apartment complex.  She knew the path very well and no longer had to read the numbers of the apartments she walked past.  She brushed her short red hair behind her ears and stopped in front of number 24B.

In the past just stepping in front of the apartment door had been enough to set her heart beating quickly.   Lately though that feeling had faded, she barely registered a blush as she reached out and knocked on the door.   The sound of footsteps came from behind the door followed by the sound of the deadbolts unlatching. 

It sounded like there were a few new deadbolts added to the door, which was strange because the neighborhood she was in was not dangerous, the biggest risk one had here was getting licked to death by an overly enthusiastic Labrador retriever. (Apparently some federal law had been passed requiring any family with children to buy at least one of that particular breed…)

The door opened and Cindy found herself looking into the face of Toni Sawyer.

“Hi.” Toni said. She was wearing a red blouse with blue jeans; her curly blonde hair fell to her shoulders.  Her blue eyes met Cindy’s green, they lingered for a moment.   Again Cindy was struck by the change in reaction.   Merely a month ago this eye contact would have been enough to overwhelm Cindy’s inhibitions and lead to passionate kiss at the very least.

"Hey.” Cindy replied.  She leaned in and gave Toni a peck on the cheek.  She had to stand on her tiptoes a bit as Toni was a head taller than her.  Her skin was still as smooth and soft as Cindy remembered it, and it called to mind many passionate hours caressing that skin in happier times.

"Come on in.” Toni said.

 The two women entered the apartment, Cindy taking off her sandals and placing them on a shoe tree, and made their way to an overstuffed green couch where they sat down.  Across form the couch was a medium sized TV.  Cindy noticed that Toni had apparently bought one of those motion sensors one could add to video games, the small camera-like object rested on top of the TV.

They talked small talk for a moment but it didn’t last long as they hadn’t really been apart that long.  When the small talk was over Toni looked at Cindy.

“Cindy,” She said. “I know things have cooled a little between us.” She said.

“That’s an understatement….” Cindy said sadly.

“Still I’ve never felt this way about anyone; you’re one of the best things that has ever happened to me.” Cindy felt a bit better but no matter how much the couple cared for each other the lack of passion in the relationship was a serious obstacle, and she wasn’t sure they would be able to overcome it.

“You mean a lot to me too Toni,” Cindy said. “I just wish…”

“Wish there was a way out of this funk?” Toni asked.  Toni had never been one to mince words and like usual she cut right to the point. It was one of the things that charmed Cindy when the two first met.  Toni’s brother had introduced them over dinner at his house.

When her brother had left the room to check on the food Toni had put her hand on Cindy’s and asked if she could kiss her.  Cindy had been caught off guard but somehow managed to stutter a “yes”. 

Their first kiss had occurred around half an hour into their first date it had been so passionate and powerful that, twenty minutes later, Cindy spent the better part of a minute trying to pour A1 on her steak with the lid still on the bottle.

Tears began to form in Cindy’s eyes at that memory, and she soon felt Toni’s hand on hers.

“Cindy,” Toni said. “Do you trust me?” Cindy did not hesitate.

“You know I do.” She said.

“Then I may have an idea,” Toni said.  “My brother dropped something by the other day I think it might help us.”

In spite of herself Cindy imagined Toni’s brother, the research scientist and commissioned pastor, dropping off some kind of sex toy at his sister’s house.  The thought of a minister buying from dildos dot com was a bit outside the realm of possibility to Cindy.

Toni must have seen the smirk grow on Cindy’s face because she returned the smile.

“No,” She said. “It’s nothing like that, if I thought that would help I would have bought it on my own.  This is something he’s been researching at his lab.”

“I thought he was studying particle physics,” Cindy said, wondering if he had dropped off some wonder drug that hadn’t reached the market yet. “I don’t see how that can help us… “ Toni stood up still hold Cindy’s hand.   Cindy stood with her.

“You would be surprised,” Cindy found her mind wondering again, wondering if what he had dropped off was some kind nuclear powered vibrator. Toni used her free hand to turn Cindy’s face to hers.

“I think it might be best if I just show you.” She said, and then asked again. “Do you trust me?” Cindy nodded and Toni released her. “Stand in front of the eye there.”  She said indicating the object  on top of the TV.  Cindy turned around and did as she was told.  Toni moved off to one said and removed a small remote control from a drawer in one of the end tables.

She entered a few commands into the control and suddenly the eye of the device began to glow pale green, suddenly a grid of light formed on Cindy’s body and another small light moved back and forth over her body.  It reminded her of the body scans in science fiction movies.  After three passes the “scanning” stopped and there was another flash of bright light, then the device went silent. It was rather anticlimactic.

“Um Toni?” Cindy said when suddenly she felt a tingle spread all over her body.  It was the same feeling she used to get when Toni would run her finger up and down her spine it was a very good feeling though that intense, not enough to… suddenly Cindy felt her silver skirt fall to the ground.

That was odd the skirt had always fit her perfectly. She bent down to pull the skirt back up, a bit embarrassed even though Toni had seen, and touched, virtually every inch of Cindy’s body.

As she did she noticed that the TV was now level with her head, that couldn’t be right the TV was set up on a small table, Cindy was short but she remembered distinctly being taller than  the TV.  

As she pondered this her bright yellow panties suddenly parted company with her body falling to the ground. A new feeling arose in Cindy’s body.  It wasn’t fear exactly, nor was it excitement she turned to look at Toni. 

It wasn’t easy to tell since she was further away but it seemed as if Toni herself, and indeed the whole room,  was  bigger…

“Toni,” Cindy said as her pink bra suddenly slid down her sides and joined the growing pile of clothes on the floor. “What’s going on.” Tony gave a wry smile.

“Isn’t it obvious” She said. “You’re shrinking.”