- Text Size +

Wotan’s well.

By Vaalser4

Author’s note: In this story there is mini to mega to giga growth, a lot of crushing and killing. There are vore and scat scenes in this story as well. No sex though.
The story takes place, mostly, in the German city of Cologne.
Those that like to go to the action immediately can skip the prologue and the first three chapters.

Have fun reading it and tell me what you think of it!

Prologue:

Patience. It is a noble trait. Blessed by the gods are those that possess it. I have learned to be patient. Although after my premature death I have had an abundance of time, and therefore could wait literally an eternity for the moment to arrive, I was impatient. Unlimited time doesn't make one more patience, it makes one uncertain. Desperate maybe, because the moment you wait for might not arrive for many millennia.
But I learned patience. I had to, since I could not leave the place I had sworn to protect. And every day I told myself the story that brought me here and the reason why I should wait.

I was a priest. A priest of the god Wotan. The All-Father. The Wild Huntsman. The main god of the Germanic tribes, god of wisdom and war. Wotan was admired, even feared by my people, the German tribe of the Ubii. He could strike everywhere with his divine spear named Gungnir, and he knew everything because he was told what happened on the mortal realm by his two ravens.
But Wotan was also a god that helped the people. Sometimes. As he did with a well he created and blessed near our town, Oppidum Ubiorum. Wotan granted this well's waters his divine powers that we were allowed to use for easing our trouble. But first, the seeker of that help had to make a sacrifice to make sure the plea was real.

A special priest was appointed to take care of these sacrifices and oversee the well. Once you took the path of that priest, there was no turning back. The priest remained until death or incapability struck. Else, he was put to death and the goddess Hel welcomed a new inhabitant.

I was one of those priests. I wanted to serve the god, the well, but it came otherwise.

A new religion, hailing from a land far to the south-east, began spreading through our lands. Zealous missionaries attacked the minds of our people, and were we could ward off enemies with sword and spear, we were powerless against this form of warfare. The new faith gained ground quickly. Tribal chiefs and warlords, one after the other, converted and forced their people to do the same.

Where words failed, arms spoke. Those that refused to convert, were struck down in battle, which was won easily by the followers of the new religion because they already outnumbered us. Civil war raged for many years.
Had the gods abandoned us? Where the war gods powerless? Our armies fell, our sacred groves were destroyed or turned into places of worship of the new religion. And soon, I was seized and ordered to convert.

But I did not. I refused to give up my faith. Even when threatened to be burned at a stake I refused. The threat was then carried out, and I died an excruciating death.

I cursed them with my last breath, and vowed that I would have revenge on the followers of the new religion one day.

Then I died.

But the valkyries did not come to bring me to Valhalla. Instead a single valkyrie came and told me the gods ordered me to fulfill my vow and take revenge. Revenge for what the new religion had done to me, to my people and to them. I, a spirit now, had to wait until the revenge was taken, and only then I would be able to enter the halls of Wotan.

The well had been abandoned, but not converted or destroyed, and within a few generations, forgotten. Unattended, the waters drained into the Earth were they remained. The ground slowly covered itself with soil and plants. Saplings became majestic trees, and a forest grew where we once held our ceremonies. I was bound by the well, and I could not venture far away from it. But far enough to learn what changes the flow of time brought with it as I waited for centuries.

The town thrived as the years came and went. Empires rose and fell, and new weapons and technologies were developed. I'll never forget the introduction of gunpowder, which made death quick and weapons roar like the thunder of Donar. And I remember the first use of steam power, which could make machines move faster than a horse and pull more weight than a dozen oxen. It was this "railroad" that made hope rise within me, for the in the meantime century-old forest was cut down in order to make room for a track.

Oppidum Ubiorum, the name of which had been changed into "Cologne", had grown into a city, bigger than I had ever seen. The land of my tribe, after being united and torn apart a couple of times over the ages, was one again, and even named after our people, Germany. Interesting as that all might be, I still felt the fire of revenge burning, as did the longing to finally enter Valhalla. But still no one was around to make the proper sacrifice.

A few decades after that, the railroad was destroyed during a war that would even make Thor and Tiwaz tremble. Then the terrain laid bare for another few decades, until my chance finally came.
The ever expanding city needed more housing. The barren terrain was chosen to build upon. The prospectors discovered the underground well and decided it could be used as a  cheap source of water.
Soon, very soon, an inhabitant of the house will make the sacrifice. The wells' powers have been preserved over the time. I'll unleash them, using him or her as an instrument of revenge. Finally, my hour has come! I can get my revenge at last!



Chapter 1

Everything had looked so fine for Lisa half a year ago. She had met a nice young man named Hans at a party, who was a good looking, 23-year old accountant. She immediately liked him, felt attracted to him and that feeling seemed mutual. After a few dates, they became a couple. Because she wanted to be near her fresh love, Lisa decided to leave her home village, Eschweiler, and move to Hans's home city, Cologne. The 1,000,000-people city was quite a difference from Lisa's own place. Much more shops, clubs and bars, but also a lot more traffic, homeless people and beggars, larger distances between two locations and a lot noisier. The 22-year old had never liked big cities, but being close to the love of her life was more important. Even if the move to Cologne cost her almost all of her saved money and also didn't know anyone else in the metropolis.
But only two weeks after she had moved into a small apartment in a recently build living area, she learned what kind of person Hans was. One of those guys that weren't satisfied with one girlfriend, but who needed at least three of four.

At the same time....

He seemed to have girlfriends all over the country, which he saw regularly and, well, did with them what one does on such occasions.

When Lisa learned this and confronted Hans with it, he just grinned, shrugged his shoulders and told her that he had his needs.

"That is who I am. A ladies' man. Take it or lose it," he said, as if she didn't matter to him at all. "I am a scoundrel, I can't be loyal," he added, referring to a song made by a music band native to Cologne. Hans was born and raised in the city and proud of it, and hence knew a lot about the local culture.

Lisa was furious. Not only was he unfaithful and didn't care of her feelings, but he even seemed to make fun of it. She demanded he split up with the others, but he just laughed. Two days of Lisa's whining later, Hans split up with her. He coldly told her she was just an annoying, selfish little bitch who couldn't cope with the fact she wasn't the only woman in his life. Laughing at her pleas, her tears and even her threats and curses, he left her.

Lisa was totally heart broken. That day, she stayed in bed, doing nothing but cry. She began to hate Hans. Hated the time they spent together, hate his face, his way of speaking, his interests, yes, everything about him. And then she hated the city. Life was rotten, Cologne was rotten. She was here, in a big city she couldn't care less about, alone and being cheated on. Life sucked.

And moving back to Eschweiler was no option. The move to Cologne had cost her all of her money, and as a 22-year old who had nothing but high school and experience in sitting behind the cash register in a supermarket, there was little she could do to get enough dough to move back. So she had to stay in a city far too big for her taste, and being -as she felt it- the most sad person in the world.

These feelings accompanied Lisa the next day, when she reluctantly got up and ate a small breakfast. She was not hungry. She was angry and sad. After breakfast, she undressed and went for a shower.
Under the warm water, Lisa sat down on the bathroom tiles, and, while the water ran over her back, she let her tears run again. She was so hurt, so annoyed, she felt used. While crying, her tears mixed with the water and ran down the drain. After about a minute or so, she noticed something that distracted her, even in her sadness.

Something strange was going on.