- Text Size +

Despite trying to be inconspicuous, you see the waitress’s eyes settle on you.  She plucks you up and grabs a bowl from the clean dishes, then walks over to the drink fountain and gets a cup, "Hmm, one unwilling and a Dr. Pepper," She says checking a notepad. Unwilling? What is she talking about?

 

 

 

"You are going to regrow me right?" you ask.

 

 

 

"Yeah, sure. I just need to drop off an order first,” She places you in the bowl, puts it on the tray with the drink, then fills another glass with water. She picks up the tray and makes her way out to the floor. She stops at a table where two young women are talking. They both have black hair. You do a double take as you are set before one of them and recognize her from TV. Aulii Abrams from the local news! Then you think about the fact that you were just set in front of her.

 

 

 

"Ok, that's one unwilling, a Dr. Pepper, and a water with lemon. Can I get you anything else?" The waitress asks.

 

 

 

"No, thank you, this will be fine," Aulii says in her friendliest voice before taking a sip of her drink.

 

 

 

"I'm fine," Her scowling, olive skinned friend says.

 

 

 

"Ok, if you need anything, I'll be nearby," The waitress says, then she leaves.

 

 

 

"Wait! You said you were going to regrow me," You yell to the vanishing waitress, but she doesn't hear you, or doesn't care. It all amounts to the same thing.

 

 

 

"So, what do you say, tomorrow after we shoot, we go check out that new club around the corner?" Aulii says picking you up from the bowl and playing with you in her hands. She’s still looking at her friend. She takes another sip of her drink.

 

 

 

"Please! There's been some kind of mistake," you yell, "They said they were going to regrow me,"

 

 

 

"You know I don't like dancing," Her friend says.

 

 

 

"You could just go to check out the scenery," Aulii says giving a naughty smile, which fit her Pacific Island eyes perfectly.

 

 

 

"I can do that here," Her friend says, "plus I can get a snack if I want,"

 

 

 

"Maybe we'll go to Sak's and try on clothes," Aulii says.

 

 

 

"Ok, but only if you go to that gun show with me next week," Her friend says.

 

 

 

"Ms. Abrams! Ms. Abrams! You got to get me out of here! They sold me against my will," you yell.

 

 

 

"Well, Jael, you drive a hard bargain," She pops you into her mouth. You can’t decipher the next sentence. It just sounds like a blast of noise. All you hear now is ringing as you are slammed around her mouth. She opens her lips and you made a bolt for the hole, nearly impaling yourself on her straw. You fall flat to dodge it and her lips tighten around the straw, sealing you in. All goes dark, and you are blasted with a firehose of Dr. Pepper. The next thing you know, you are being pulled down, head first. You splash down and fight with all your might to get out, "There has to be a mistake. They can't do this can they?" Unfortunately for you, they can. By the time she's reporting the news tomorrow the only thing that will remain of you will have been flushed during her morning constitutions.

 

 

 

THE END

--- end---

You have met one of the story’s ends. Feel free to start again and try a different route.