- Text Size +

"Can we do that? I thought they'd closed up for the night," You say.

 

 

 

"That's still not asking," She says with an impish grin, "You've got to meet me halfway here. I'm sure Adela will hook us up though,"

 

 

 

"Ok, will you eat me? It would actually be a dream come true," you say.

 

 

 

She pretends to think about it for a while, "Sure, why not?" She takes you by the hand and tries the door. It's locked. She pulls out her phone and makes a call, "Yeah, I need to use one of the booths real quick. Just real quick. I promise I won't mess anything up. Fine, I'll be quiet," You hear the deadbolt of the lock click and the door opens. The purple haired girl from earlier stands in the doorway. Recognition dawns when she sees you.

 

 

 

"How's Landon?" You ask. She looks confused for a second until you point to her belly.

 

 

 

"Oh, I haven't felt movement in there for a long time. I think they're all finally resting," She says as she rubs her belly. Resting isn't the word you'd use for it, but it is more comforting to think about than what is actually happening; so you don't try to correct her. She leads you to the back of the room and helps you into the booth.

 

 

 

"Now, are you sure you want to do this?" Adela asks with a smile. You stare at her belly and think about how many men she's probably eaten today, then you look at Skittles. She is looking around at the machinery. She seems kind of nervous, but she looks at you and smiles.

 

 

 

"Yes," you say.

 

 

 

"Good. Because if you had said no, I was going to push the button and eat you myself. Nobody stands up my friend. Especially after she went out of her way like this," Adela says. Skittles laughs. She Thinks Adela is joking, but you're not so sure. You don't have time to ask though, because she pushes the button right after you give your confirmation, "Go ahead. I'll take care of the clothes,"

 

 

 

"Thanks," Skittles says, as she gently lifts you from the pile. You are still half blind and dizzy.

 

 

 

"You can use one of the private rooms if you want," Adela says.

 

 

 

"Actually, I was wondering if I could use the party room. I won't make a mess, I swear," Skittles says.

 

 

 

"You better not. I don't want Megyn firing me over it," Adela says.

 

 

 

"Just real quick. I'll put anything back that I move," Skittles says. You stay silent throughout the exchange. You are no longer a person, just a commodity to be discussed. Adela agrees with her and they part ways.

 

 

 

"Oh yeah," Adela says and tosses Skittles the keys. Mercifully, she catches them with her free hand, "Lock up when you're done. I'll see you at home," With that, Adela is gone and the two of you are alone in the room. Skittles smiles at you and makes her way to the party room. It has big wooden double doors, and almost looks like a small casino and banquet room inside. She places you on a green felt dealer's table with high vertically grooved wooden walls all around.

 

 

 

"We'll make a game out of this, ok?" She says, "I don't want to make a mess, so we're limited to this table. I'll be the hungry giantess, and I just discovered you on my table. Try to get away for as long as you can. I won't really try until the first song is over. I doubt you'll make it to the third song,"

 

 

 

"I bet I can manage," You say. The challenge sounds fun. She smiles and walks away.

 

 

 

"Get ready while I pick out songs," She says. Obviously, the middle of the table would be the hardest place to reach on a normal table, but this isn't a normal table. It is sort of crescent or macaroni shaped. The dealer stands in the middle of the bend to pass out cards to the players. As much as you said you were ready and bluffed earlier, you aren't sure what to do, "Once the music starts, I'm in character, ok?" She says, "Try not to break character yourself ok?"

 

 

 

She pushes a button and "No Place to Hide" by KoRn plays. She walks away from the juke box and passes your table before stopping in her tracks and turning like she just saw you. You're still not quite sure what to do.

 

 

 

"What do we have here?" She asks leaning against the table. Her Belly presses against the wood as she bends over and plants her hands on the table. You retreat as far as you can. Your survival instinct at least demands you do something, "Come here my little morsel. I won't hurt you," She says with a sly grin. She leans further on the table, but can't reach you from the side she's on. She runs around to the other side, so reasonably, you run across the table to the side she used to be on and huddle under the ledge, "Aww, poo," She says, "That's not nice at all," She runs back to the other side, and you run across again. this exchange continues until the song is over. You see her contemplate climbing the table, but she hears it groan a bit and quickly backs up, patting it as if she can console a table.

 

 

 

"Everlong" by Foo Fighters comes on. Not the song you thought you'd die to, but for some reason it seems appropriate. After continuing the back and forth game for a while, Skittles says, "As much as I want to see which one of us tires out first, I'm hungry now," She walks away. You wonder what she's doing. There's a craps table nearby as well. She ducks down and you hear the sliding of wood against wood. She makes her way slowly back to the table, but her hands are well below your eye line; so you don't know what she has.

 

 

 

"It's dinnertime my little treat," She says as she brings out a hooked piece of wood used to retrieve dice. You push back against the wall as she leans against the table and puts the hook behind you. She smiles victoriously as she draws you forward. Her mouth doesn't look nearly as small as it did earlier when you were watching her. Her teeth look menacing now, and you can hear her stomach rumble. She scoops you out of the hook with her free hand and lifts you above her head. As much as she's playing around, this is no game for you.

 

 

 

 

 

[play along and pretend to fight] [go to chapter 97]

 

 

 

[Panic and beg for real] [go to Chapter 97]