- Text Size +

Chuck sped into the distance, flying at full speed to his fight.  He knew this wouldn’t be easy, but it wouldn’t be fun if it were.  He had been genuinely looking forward to this battle since he first saw the missiles blast into her face, and her just shrug them off like nothing happened.  Even now, with cannon fire and rockets blasting into her, she barely even flinched! 

He turned the final corner and saw the giant in front of him, effortlessly slamming her foot onto a tank, crushing it like she had done with the countless others before. 

“Hey!”  Chuck shouted, not slowing down in the least as he approached Alison. 

She turned, wondering who could have the audacity to call her.  She was met with Chuck, slamming into her face at full force.  She stumbled back into the building behind her, clasping her nose, in more pain than any of the other pointless attacks had delivered.  She opened her eyes through the blood now gushing down her forehead, looked at her attacker. 

“There is no way a bug like you could hurt me!”  She shouted as she threw her fist into the air, aiming at the tiny person hovering before her.  This time Chuck knew what to expect, and dashed higher into the air before she made contact.  Her momentum carried her swing far out of the way, exposing her side.  Chuck took full advantage of the opening, slamming his body into her ribcage at close to the speed of sound. 

She let out a quick, painful breath, crouching over in pain from the hit.  But she was not done.  She swiped with her backhand, trying in vain to smash the hero.  Again Chuck dodged the attack, and followed it up with a painful blow to her chin, flying out of the way of any more wild hits. 

“You can’t win!”  He shouted, feeling confident with the new turn of events.  It seamed as if she had no chance at beating him, or even laying a solid hit. 

She didn’t respond.  Instead, a sly smile, more evil than any she had ever had, crept across her bloodstained face.  She reached down slowly, careful not to make any sudden movements against the quick hero. 

“What are you doing?”  Chuck said mockingly as she reached her hand down to the ground.  His face dropped when she pulled it back up, a young boy in her hand.  “Stop!”  He shouted. 

“So Mr. Hero.”  She said in a similarly mocking tone.  “Would you let someone die in order to kill me?  An innocent?”  Her maniacal laughter echoed off the buildings surrounding the two combatants. 

Chuck stayed in the air, trying to formulate a plan of attack against the monster in front of him.  One that would ensure the life of the poor kid in her clutches.  He didn’t have enough time. 

With a sudden motion, Alison tossed the kid in the air, sending him skyrocketing up.  Chuck was quick to move, not wasting a second as he flew off after him, trying to grab the boy before anything else happened.  It was exactly as Alison thought he would do. 

She grabbed with amazing agility at the hero, managing to engulf his entire body in her hand, stopping his flight dead in it’s tracks. 

“That’s the problem with you Chuck.”  She said as she fought to keep her hand closed around him.  So far the boy was not strong enough to escape her clutches, but that might change at any second.  She was quick to move.  “Your to good!”  She screamed as she threw him, with all her strength, down to the ground below.  He hit with an amazing impact, forming a crater as wide as the street as he crashed.  He blanked out for a second, his vision foggy, and his muscles unresponsive.  It was all the time that Alison needed. 

She raised her foot above his head, her sole still soaked in the blood of innocents, and brought it down, the impact sending a wave of destruction out, sending cars flying, and a cloud of ash into the air.  Then she raised her foot again, slamming it down with as much force as the previous time.

She continued, her foot slamming down on the hero below her, crushing him into the ground, squishing his supper hero body.  Even he had his limits, and they looked like they were about to be broken.  Each time her foot raised up, his vision was less sharp.  First he could make out her entire body.  Now he could only see blobs of light, and a dark tinge of red he could only assume was his blood. 

Alison was laughing hysterically as she did so, focused on her complete domination of the only threat to her complete rule of the world.  The tiny boy ender her, breaking at each impact. 

The world came back to her as missile exploded against her ear.  She looked and saw the source.  A tiny helicopter that thought it could actually hurt someone as powerful as her.  She stopped her merciless attack on Chuck, and went back to destroying the city. 

Mark was walking along the destroyed street, his arms clutched against him, his eyes looking down at the cracks below, and the far to often splatters of blood.  He turned a corner, and stared, unable to recognize his emotions as he saw Chuck fighting with Alison.  Both of his creations.  One trying to save Earth, the other trying to crush it beneath her feet. 

He was barely able to stand as the impact of Alison’s foot shook the very ground under him.  He knew that she was killing Chuck, but he had no idea what to do.  He was so small.  So pathetic.  How could he do anything?

She walked away, leaving Mark alone in the street.  He took a deep breath and resolved to himself one simple notion.  He wouldn’t let her win.  He wiped the tears from his eyes and barred his teeth.  He would not die!  He ran off to the crater before him, hoping that Chuck was alive, praying that he still had a chance, praying that he wouldn’t be the cause of any more deaths today.          

            He looked over the crater’s edge hesitantly.  He saw the blood, and his thought immediately drifted to images of Chuck smashed like all the others in the street.  His body mangled under the weight of her body, his organs lighting on the street.  But this was not reality.  As he looked longer, he could make out Chuck, still in one piece, but covered in stone, concrete, and most disturbing of all, blood. 

            He jumped into the crater, sliding down to his friend.  He was not any better up close then he was from afar. 

            “Chuck!”  Marcus yelled as he shook the boy in front of him, trying to wake him up.  He just lay there, unresponsive.  “Chuck!”  He shouted louder, but still there was no response.  The hero’s eyes were closed, and it didn’t look like he was breathing.  His lower body was trapped underneath rubble that Mark could only assume weighed enough to crush a normal human.  “Chuck!”  He shouted one more time, but the boy still didn’t respond. 

            Mark leaned back, his knees up to his chest, tears now running down his cheeks.  He tried to deny it.  Tried to think of other things, but he knew the truth.  “How?”  He managed to whimper between tears. 

Chapter End Notes:

Want a good song?  Check out Cemetery Gates. 

Did i drop enugh hints yet?