- Text Size +

The monster turned another corner, and was faced with possibly the largest grouping of people she had encountered in this helpless city.  A mass of innocents, trying in vain to evacuate, trying to get away from the horror and death that was now standing above them, and with every intent of ending their meaningless lives. 

Alison joyfully reached down, grabbing a group of people in her hands, raising them into the air.  She reached out a little, savoring their mixed cries of terror, and pleas for mercy.  She loved the sound. 

            She let the group drop from her fingers, falling countless stories down, landing hard on the people below.  Alison laughed once again, her mood ever lightening. 

            She took a few steps forward, accompanied by the sound of tiny bugs being crushed beneath her.  The popping of their organs as their rib cages gave way.  Their blood flowing freely out from their mangled deformed bodies.  She lifted her foot up, once again admiring her ghastly footprints. 

            She placed her foot softly onto another group of fleeting mortals, carful not to press hard enough to kill them.  The group was stuck, trapped in between the hard concrete and her warm, soft skin.  Unable to move, and freighted for their lives. 

            “If you want to live, start licking!”  The giant called down to the people under her.  Those who still possessed the ability to think rationally, and were not overcome with panic did as they were told, running their tongues against the massive, gore soaked skin of the giant.  She let them continue for a little, until she noticed that most of the others had gotten passed her.  She had to keep up with the colony. 

            “I’m sorry.”  She said in a mock apologetic tone.  “I just can’t feel that.”  She shifted her weight onto her foot, crushing all those under it.  

 

            Mark stayed in the crater, still in denial.  Still pretending that he had a chance of stopping the sick thing he had created.  He couldn’t look though.  Couldn’t pull his hands away from his eyes to look at the destruction around him, or the bloody form of his friend. 

            He found his thoughts bombarded with all his shortcomings in life.  His faults that now threatened humanity.  Why had he been so foolish?  Why had he wanted to destroy the world, or even to rule it?  Why had he pushed Chuck away?  He was his best friend, and now look.  Everything was ruined. 

            Then his thoughts drifted to delusions of hope.  Maybe the government would send a nuclear bomb.  Wipe this whole mess from the world, and him along with it.  But deep down inside he had the feeling that even something as powerful as that wouldn’t stop her.  She had shrugged off countless missiles, and even Chuck’s brute strength couldn’t stop her.  So what now?

            He finally managed to pull himself up, standing with his head low, his arms clutched to his sides. 

            “I can’t do this.”  He said aloud, unable to keep his thoughts in his mind.  He turned around and started climbing back up the steep crater.  “I’m a monster.”  He slipped suddenly on a loose area of dirt, falling onto his face.  He didn’t get up.  “If Chuck’s dead…” He couldn’t finish the thought. 

            He pushed himself back up to his knees, crawling up the crater, determined to get as far away from the mess below as possible. 

            He grabbed the rim of the bowl, his face dirty, his clothing ripped.  “I can’t do this.”  He repeated again, believing it more and more.  He peered over the edge, the crumbling city coming into view.  The destroyed buildings, the broken cars.  The fires, the blood.  He couldn’t stop thinking about the blood. 

            He held back more tears, determined not to break down again.  He couldn’t just cry in a hole.  He couldn’t just do nothing.  He had to stop her, or at least die trying. 

            He pushed himself up over the lip of the crater, a faint ray of delusional hope brightening his black mind.  Then he stopped, as a sound pierced the appalling quite.

            Mark looked up, trying to find the source of the whistling sound, but unable to see the tiny dot in the sky falling towards him.  He realized what it was only a second before it hit.  The poor kid Alison had tossed into the air splattered on the ground only a few feet in front of Mark, his blood spraying over his face.  Another person killed because of Mark. 

            He broke down, not able to control his emotions, his face pressed into the ash, barely able to breath. 

            His loud sobs pierced the dead quit scene; almost unholy in the way they disturbed the landscape of death.  The resting place of thousands. 

            But then a new sound came, emanating from the stones below.

 

            Alison reached down again, clutching a new group of doomed bugs between her fingers.  She opened her hand, and quickly pushed them into her open mouth, savoring their taste as they passed over her tongue.  She sucked on them a little bit, wanting to toy with her captives, but not for to long. 

            She started chewing them then, their bodies exploding like gushers as her teeth came down, filling her mouth with the warm, savory liquid that was their blood.  After she was confident that nothing was left alive, she swallowed, the gore splashing down on those still living inside her stomach. 

            But she was not done.  The group had fanned out a lot, spreading into allies and side streets, but there was enough left for a few more activities.  The hard part was coming up with ideas.  She reached down again, but only grabbed a few tiny people. 

            She looked at her new captors.  Squirming in her hands, just like all the rest, fear in their eyes at the fate they knew they couldn’t escape.  The giantess smiled as she thought of something especially cruel to do to this bunch.

            She lowered her hand down to her privates, and pushed the people inside, making sure that none fell out.  She gave a moan of pleasure as she shoved them further inside, trapping them.  She pulled her fingers out, content that they were far enough, delighting when she realized she could still feel them wiggling inside, desperately trying to escape. 

 

            A few rocks stirred down in the crater, rolling out from the center.  Mark didn’t hear it, rapped in his own emotions of defeat, being thoroughly beaten.  A cool breeze passed over him, tussling his blood soaked hair, but he kept his face down. 

            “Hey.”  A voice said.  “You look like a wimp when you cry.” 

            Mark spun his head around, not believing himself; sure that it was a delusion.  But there, standing before him, was the bloody form of his friend.  The Super hero had come back. 

            “How?”  He finally managed to ask after regaining his breath. 

            A smile spread across Chuck’s face.  “Can’t kill me that easy.”