- Text Size +

Tommy was sitting on top of Ralph, the chipmunk’s arms crossed in victory. The Television cut through their clamber then, the soundtrack to the cartoon playing as the credits rolled by. They both gave an audible sigh as they realized the show was over.

Ryan was able to regain his footing by then, and had been watching the scene unfold from the safety of the couch. There was no way he was going to try and break that up. He glanced at the clock then, its dials flashing nine, a full hour after the kids normal bedtimes. Then a thought passed into Ryan’s mind.

“Hey guys,” he said with more confidence than he thought he had. The two kids looked at him curiously. “I think it’s time for bed.”

“Really?” Tommy moaned.

“Do we have to?”

“I let you watch your show, but now its time for bed.” He couldn’t believe it was working.

“Fine.” They both said sadly. Ryan could barely contain his excitement. Tommy let Ralph up, and they both walked over to the couch. Even though they stood on the ground and Ryan stood on the couch, the boys still towered over him. Tommy reached out a paw and gently picked Ryan up.

The three of them walked back to the boys’ room. Tommy was about to shut the door and seal them in, but another idea drifted into Ryan’s head.

“Wait!” he said only seconds before the chipmunk shut the door.

“Why?” Tommy asked.

“Because…” Ryan now realized his idea wasn’t as well thought out as he had hoped.

Ralphs soft voices came from across the room, asking, “Are you scared of the dark?”

“Yes!” Ryan said happily, turning back to the chipmunk. A small beam of light shone through the open door from the hall, presenting Ryan with an opportunity. “I can’t sleep without a light, but I’ll be fine if you leave the door open I’ll be Okay.”

“Really? Even I’m not afraid of the dark.” Tommy said tiredly. The effects of staying up late were taking their toll. “But if you need it, then Okay.” He left the door open, and walked across the room to his bed.

The chipmunk crawled under the covers; snuggling next to his brother and letting the wolf drop between them. The boys wiggled around for a second, but quickly found a comfy position. Their eyes closed, and tiny snores could be heard from each of them soon after.

Ryan found himself smothered my warm belly fur on every side. He couldn’t help but want to stay, their melodic breathing and there soft tummy’s lulling him off to sleep, but he couldn’t. He needed to escape, or else he would be forced to be their toy forever!

He started moving as carefully as he could, trying not to disturb the giants’ slumber. The wolf inched his way further and further, first wading through fur, then past their pants, and finally around their little legs. The journey seemed to have taken hours, but it didn’t matter, he was free!

He blindly stumbled around in the dark, trying to think of what to do next. He could go wherever he wanted, but where? What could he do at this size?

His thoughts were cut short. He stumbled upon a loose fold of blanket. He tried to correct himself, but as he took another step, he found that there was nothing under his foot. The wolf nearly screamed as he fell off the side of the bed.

He landed with a thud on something surprisingly soft. He was dazed, but thankfully it appeared as though he had not been hurt. Ryan shook his head in disbelief. Usually luck would avoid him at all costs.

The wolf chose not to question his good luck further. He quickly crawled out of whatever thing he had landed on (which turned out to be a sock Ralph had carelessly tossed aside earlier that day). He ran as fast as he could towards the door, and the beam of light that would signify his freedom.

He reached it rather quickly considering his size, and continued his sprint, now running along the hall. He was almost to overjoyed to consider what to do next, but he eventually came to grips with the fact that he was not safe yet. Not completely at least.

Although the wolf was free from the clutches of the giant toddlers, he still needed to grow back to normal, or at least to escape the house, and with the front door locked tightly, his odds of escaping weren’t the best. So he turned his sights on a new goal, trying to find help.

He remembered a phone in the kitchen, if he could just get to that he could call someone. They might not believe him at first, being shrunken by two little kids is pretty impossible, but eventually someone would come.

The wolf turned a corner, almost falling flat on his face as the floor transitioned from the plush carpet to hard tile. He quickly regained him balance and continued his sprint.

He reached the phone moments later, but he was faced with another issue. It was hanging on the wall, far out of his tiny reach. He slapped a hand to his forehead as he realized what an idiot he had been, forgetting something so simple.

Nothing happened for a little while after that. All that the wolf could do was stand where he was, and try to think of something new. Try to think of a plan that might actually work!

A shiver went down his spine then, and it was not because of the cold floor. He could feel something drawing closer, a low rumble shaking the floor. He wanted to move, but fear gripped him so entirely that couldn’t even breathe. A shadow fell over him, and he knew his fears had been realized. Slowly his tilted his shaggy head back, until the form of a new giant came into view.

“Hello,” The giant said with a chuckle.

Chapter End Notes:

Ah endnotes, my favorite part of uploading a story. So what should I say this time? I could… or… Oh god! I’ve run out of things to talk about! NooooooooO!