- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Seeing as all of my series now have over 9000 views each, I figured my oldest series deserved an update- so here we are. Hope you enjoy!

I want to make one thing clear: Jennifers time on a treadmill was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life, as I was jostled around, bounced between her breasts, and just in general made to realize that no matter how something seems from the outside, the inner workings of any event can be really scary.

That having been said, it was also a bit of a thrill. To think that countless people would be willing to kill for the position I occupied made it sweet. The fact that Jennifer's personal trainer was outside with a definite desire to take my place made it that much sweeter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure that it's mostly the chemical imprinting talking, but the only thought I had was that Jennifer was my owner, and I wasn't going to share her with some dumb pile of muscle.

"Can . . . I . . . stop . . . now?" Jennifer panted, worn down from having run what had to be at least three miles.

"Yeah," Lauren sighed dreamily, "I guess that's enough. Don't want you too worn out," she giggled.

Jennifer switched off the treadmill and practically fell over. "Hoo . . . I'm beat. I'm sweating so much I could probably fill a fishbowl."

At my scale, I had probably swallowed enough of her sweat to fill a fishbowl. Salt water is no fun to get in your mouth- but most people learn that at the beach, not being caught in a workout.

Looking up through Jennifer's shirt, I could see Lauren grinning widely. She'd caught an eyeful of Jennifer, and judging by those unnaturally dilated pupils, she liked what she saw.

Go die in a fire, you big bitch, I screamed internally.

Lauren's hand came way too close to me for comfort. "So, have you finally given up on your hopeless crush on a straight girl yet?"

I smiled with relief as Jennifer's hand protectively defended my position (which, in hindsight, was also protecting herself from being groped, but I like to think she had me in mind). "It's not hopeless, I still have a chance. I've got to keep trying- she didn't tell me no, and I'm pretty sure she said that it's a maybe. I'm just playing the waiting game now."

Lauren scoffed. "Yeah, and it's not like she has any other reason to keep you close to her. I mean, from what you've told me, it sounds like you've repeatedly kept her from being fired, you do most of her laundry for her, you constantly feed what has to be the biggest ego in the world- don't you get that you're being used?"

This speech hurt me. Not because she was dissing me so much (although that was part of it), but because it was mostly true. I was a terrible worker, often showing up late, sleeping onthe job, and having had a terrible track record for poor customer service- if it weren't for Jennifer repeatedly vouching for me and letting me keep my job, I'd probably be unemployed. I very rarely did laundry- in fact, I didn't even know how a washing machine worked until sometime last year. I liked to think that we were friends (and Jennifer probably liked to think more), but our relationship mostly boiled down to her being in love with me and me taking advantage of it.

"Wh- what?" Jennifer stuttered, her voice now low and quiet. She sounded just about ready to cry. "Mary would never-"

"She already is! Don't you get it?" Lauren's voice sounded downright mean at this point, and I wished I were normal size for just a moment, to punch her in the face. "Mary never loved you, and I doubt she ever will, with that huge head she's got! You'd do best to forget about her and just move on. Find someone who really cares about you so you finally get what you deserve." Lauren's voice slowly softened.

"You're- you're wrong," Jennifer muttered. "And I'll prove it." Without any warning, she fished me out of her cleavage, leaving me cringing in Jennifer's palm.

Now that I was outside the relative safety of Jennifer's bra, Lauren was utterly terrifying. Her arms were thick, defined, and exuded power. The tight tanktop that stuck to her from sweat revealed ridiculously-defined abs. The woman's slate-gray eyes regarded me with a mix of curiousity and disgust. "What is that?" she asked, her tone full of spite.

I quickly stood up, despite my fear. No one would make my owner cry. "I'm Mary, you big brute! What the hell is up with you? Can you not handle getting rejected, is that it?"

Jennifer gasped. "Mary, don't-"

Lauren snatched me in one hand, crushing the air out of me. She held me to her face, her eyes filled with rage. "I almost wish you were the real deal, pipsqueak. I would just love to kill you, what with how many times Jennifer's come in crying because of you." Lauren got a cruel sort of grin. "But you're a Construct. A fake copy, and one that belongs to Jennifer. So I'm gonna let you off. But if you treat her like the real Mary does, or mouth off to me like that again, and I will end you."

"No, you won't," Jennifer said, her voice quivering with anger. "For three reasons. Reason number one, she's my Construct, and if you threaten her like that again I'll sue you for property damages- and this little one's insured for more than you'd believe. Reason number two, if you so much as touch her again, I'm quitting my membership and never coming back to this fucking place. Reason number three, she loves me, and I love her back, so if you even look at her funny again I will beat you with your own legs. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?"

Had I the ability to breathe at that point, I would've whistled.

Lauren handed me back to Jennifer, scowling. "Look, Jen," she sighed, trying to make amends, "I'm sorry. I just . . . after how much you said you loved this chick, and how she basically rejected you without letting you go . . . I'm pissed, I'm jealous, and I really think you deserve better. A lot better."

Looking up into Jennifer's face, her still-hazel eyes stayed narrowed. "Regardless, you have no right to hurt Little Mary. Apologize to her- she's the one you almost seriously hurt."

Lauren lowered her face down to Jennifer's hand, and tried to look away from me. "I'm sorry, Mary. Can you . . ." she quite visibly gulped literally swallowing her pride, "forgive me?"

I coughed, attracting a sympathetic hand on my back from Jennifer. "Y- yeah, I guess. I see where you're coming from. Maybe, when Jennifer gets me to normal size, we could really talk about all this."

Lauren nodded. "I'd . . . I'd like that. But I do reserve the right to call you names forever, for how much hurt you've put my favorite client through."

I shrugged. "I guess I deserve it. To be fair, I was kinda oblivious."

Jennifer laughed. "Kinda? I thought you'd out me and stop being my friend when you caught me making out with your pillow."

Lauren raised her hands. "Wait, wait, what?" She grinned, putting up a valiant effort at not laughing. "You caught her making out with your pillow, and you didn't suspect that she might have a thing for you?"

I shrugged sheepishly. "It was freshman year. I did the same thing all the time."

Jennifer and Lauren just kept laughing at my expense. 

Chapter End Notes:

Not my best work, but it helps drive the plot . . . sorta.

Review!