- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 Disclaimer: All the characters, places etc. in this story are fictional. No real persons or orginazations are used in this story and any resemblence to any actual people/organizations is completly accidental. 

Author's Chapter Notes:

Here we go!

Ryan Redwood moved to the edge of the chair, studying the file he'd just been handed on the missing employee. The picture in the file showed a young woman with dark brown hair. If her personal information hadn't been printed right next to the picture, Ryan would've thought her to be much younger, perhaps even a high schooler. Ryan took a quick look at the information next to the picture:

Name: Emilia Moore
Born: may 20, 1987
Height: 5.4 ft
Job Title: Research Assistant

Ryan took a cursory look at the next couple of pages in the file on Emilia Moore's education background, experience etc. and handed the file back to Dr. Stein, the head researcher of the lab.

"As you can see, we keep a pretty good record of our employees here." said Dr. Stein, shifting his gaze from Ryan to the beautiful blond which had accompanied him to his office. Dr. Stein wasn't sure why the board of directors  would recommend such a young and unexperienced private detective for a case as important as this one. It'd been 3 days since all project data had been stolen from their main server, and there was no question that it was an inside job, and to make matters worse, all their back up data was deleted too. All they needed to do now was find Emilia, and retrieve the data from her before their contractors found out. But instead, he was stuck in his office with these two youngsters who looked as if they'd chosen the job to look for adventure. Dr. Stein sighed.

Ryan leaned back and looked at his assistant, Summer, who was typing on her laptop. She raised her head and exchanged a look with him, and gave him a crooked smile. Ryan smiled back and looked at Dr. Stein sigh. "And you said that this Ms. Moore has a residence in Blue Peak city? " 

"Well, her aunt does." Replied Dr. Stein, "or used to, as she passed away about a year ago, and Miss Moore inherited her house. This is the only residence she owns so far as we know."

Ryan nodded and looked at summer sitting across the coffee table. She closed her laptop and winked. "I've got all we need for now, Ryan." she said confidently. Ryan and Summer stood up. So did Dr. Stein.

"Okay Dr. Stein. We'll head to Blue Peak city right away." said Ryan, reaching for a hand shake with Dr. Stein.

"Just remember," Said Dr. Stein in a low voice, "we don't want the law enforcement agencies to be invloved in any way..."

"I understand." Ryan said firmly, "Don't worry sir. You can count on us."


---------------

As Ryan and Summer got in their car to begin their 5 hour drive to Blue Peak city, the cellphone of Martin Miller, the head of internal security at Bolt Security Services, or "BSS", rang twice before it was picked up. "Hello?" Martin said quickly, "Yes sir! we'll be moving out shortly." 

He hung up and immediatly got on his radio. "Chavez have the guys ready up in 20." He ordered. "We're going to Blue Peak city."

 

----------------

300 miles to the north, just past High Ridge mountains lies Blue Peak city. In one of its back alleys, just next to a dumpster, a drunk man could be seen urinating with one hand on the wall as support. A small girl wearing a navy t-shirt and jeans approached him. He finished his business and turn around unsteadily, just to face a pretty girl with brown hair. 

"Woah!" he said in a slow, dumb way, "what's a little lady like you doing back here? looking to be naughty, eh?" He laughed hard and almost stumbled on an empty bottle trying to approach her.

The girl smiled as she reached in her pocket and took out a syringe full of a blue liquid. She carefully aimed it at the man who was baffled at the sight of the syringe, and pushed the plunger all the way through. The blue liquid squirted out and splashed in the man's face. As he was forcing his half functioning brain to realize what was happening, he started to shrink quickly, and soon his view of the smiling girl was blocked by the inside of his t-shirt. After that it was only darkness, and the heavy weight of his clothes on him. What he assumed was his t-shirt was now more like a thick woolen blanket, and soon he began to panic. 

The girl watched the man shrink with extreme satisfaction. She couldn't believe she'd single handedly finished the project in just two days. The formula was now complete, and she could get on with her plan. As she was about to walk past the heap of clothes, she noticed a small lump moving franticly under the t-shirt, where the belly button would be. She aimed her next step right on the moving part, and the toe section of her blue converse landed right on top of the small lump.

She paused  there for a moment, cherishing the sensation that passed through her as her left foot's toes and arch felt the movement beneath them getting more frantic. "There's a grown man under my foot" she wispered, as if convincing herself of the reality of the situation. The sensation got stronger by the second, and so did the struggles of the lump under her converse. She resumed her walk and shifted all her weight on her left foot and the pathetic creature beneath it. She raised her other foot and felt that she got taller by about an inch, now that she was standing on the lump with full weight. The struggles stopped, then the man's body suddenly collapsed under her small foot, and she heard a series of suprisingly loud snaps. Jolts of ecstasy ran through her body as she took another step and moved past the heap of clothes, now adorned with a blood stain. She looked at the sole of her left shoe, and saw a similar blood stain there. "At least he was too drunk to realize how pathetically he died." she said to herself, her voice shaking slightly. "You were right though," She said to the blood stain on the buttom of her shoe, "I'm planning to be real naughty."

She laughed and walked on, as the man's blood got mixed more  and more with puddle water on the buttom of her shoe, with her every step. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

So we pretty much know the main characters by now, except maybe 1 or 2 others. I tried to keep the introduction as short as 1 chapter long so we can get to the action parts ASAP!!

Thank you for reading, please let me know what you think. I proof read it, but if there are any minor mistakes, or uncommon collacations/sentences, please forgive me as Im not writing in my first language :)

Expect another chapter real soon! The next one will be longer...