- Text Size +

Shoplifters Beware

By

Nami/Asukafan

Copyright. Former Lives and Giantess Planet 2005. All Rights Reserved.

 

 

            I had cased the place several times. The new Mega Mart had just opened up which made it a prime target, new employees who don’t know the system and policies.  I walked in through the main doors casually glancing at a few thinks picking up this and that making it look like I was interested in things.  

 

            I glided down isle after isle until I came upon what I really wanted. I grabbed Halo 2 from the shelf and stuffed it down the back of my pants. I quickly let my shirt dangle back down as I continued to walk around looking at a few of the items.

 

            “Excuse me Melissa, can I help you with anything?” said the sales clerk. I recognized her from school, her name was Sarah Rogers. She was a low life who tried so hard to be cool and tag along with me and my friends. She thought that we genuinely liked her but generally we just sort of ignored her.

 

            “I’m fine Sarah, thanks anyway” I said brushing her off as I started to make my way towards the door. I heard her say something but I continued walking away from her. I had killed enough time here and Alex will love this game. He has been talking about it non stop for a few weeks now.  I really am way to good of a girlfriend.

 

            I quickly glanced from left to right as I continued heading towards the door. I felt something brush up against my shoulder and a younger kid shouting something. In one motion I was pulled backwards and spun around looking at a middle aged gentlemen. He looked down at me sternly.

 

            “What the fuck, who do you think you are to just come up and touch me like that? You have no right to lay your hands on me.” I shouted making sure to let everyone know what was going on. He was a bit taken aback as I saw him begin to back pedal.

 

            “Well, ahh mam, I’m sorry but I was just wondering if there was anything that you had forgotten to pay for?”

 

            “My hands are empty aren’t they? I have nothing to pay for. Now if you will excuse me”

 

            “Then I really am sorry but you will have to come with me” He grabbed me by the shoulder and started to pulling me towards a set of offices off to the side. We walked towards the very back and he motioned for me to sit down. We were in a room surrounded with TV’s

 

            The man didn’t even say anything he just pressed a button and the television in front of me showed me stuffing a game into the back of my pants. I looked around a bit nervously now.

 

            “Look, I was umm gonna pay for it, I mean It was just a prank ya know. Testing your security and all. So If ya don’t mind I will just make my way to the check out and..”

 

            “I’m sorry but we have a strict policy here against shoplifting. We here at Mega Mart cannot let these kind of crimes go unpunished. We loose millions of dollars every year due to people like you. That is why we started this new policy which has cut down the number of shoplifters we have seen by sixty-three percent.

 

            He pressed another button and some restraints came out of the chair shackling me into place. I tried to break free but the cold metal shackles were much to strong. Tears began to stream down my face as I fought to break free. I just wanted to go home.

 

            “You can’t do this. I want to see the police! Let me call my parents!” I shouted but I began to have a sleepy feeling wash over me, before I knew it I was out like a light.

 

* * *

 

            I awoke with a massive headache. My first instinct was to reach for my purse as I always kept some Tylenol there; however I found my arms unable to move. What felt like plastic was wrapped around my wrists. I then felt something similar at my ankles. I tried to look down but my head wouldn’t budge and my eyes wouldn’t open. They felt heavy and unresponsive.

 

            “Help! Somebody help me.” I tried to scream but it was like most was focused inward. I was screaming in my mind but nothing was happening outward.

 

            I could hear voices and shuffling happening around me but they seemed distant and far away. I had given up trying to break these bonds. I just hoped that whatever policy Mega Mart was imposing on me would end soon.  I knew for sure I wouldn’t ever steal from here again.

 

            Time continued ticking by slowly. I had no real way of telling how much time had gone by but it seemed nearly endless. I tried thinking of various things to keep busy but it was fruitless. My mind always drifted back to the matter at hand. Where was I? what is going on?  Every now and then I felt something shake the entire room, but nothing seemed to change. I was still stuck in whatever place this is.

 

            Everything changed when I heard someone say something I couldn’t quite make out but everything started to shake like a earthquake was going on.  I thought I was gong to die but everything settled down quickly and we began to move. It felt like riding in a car blindfolded. I could feel the movement and sense the speed but it I had no idea where we were going.

 

            Beams of light broke into the room I was in. I learned that it wasn’t that my eyes couldn’t open it was just that there was no light. In fact I find myself unable to close my eyes.

 

            A jarring began as things were shaking around me once again but what looked like a giant hand curled around the room I was in. I felt the room being lifted up by the giant hand. I screamed in absolute terror as a massive Mexican teen manhandled the room I was in.

 

            Just what did that guy do to me? I thought as I watched her move her hand away from my room which was now apparently suspended in mid air. I could look from left to right seeing various dolls on every side of me. On the left of me was Barbie dolls and bratz dolls were to the right.

 

            It all began to make sense as I saw the Mexican teen shove another box in front of me. I looked at the back of the box in front of me. I struggled to read the words but I was pretty sure I saw the word bratz. Somehow I have become a doll.

 

            I feverishly tried to move my arms and legs but nothing was happening. I tried to scream but I could only scream in my mind. I cursed at the behemoth teenager for not realizing what was going on. How could she not tell that I was a person.

 

            A short while passed and I was startled a bit when I saw the box in front of me being pulled away. A young girl with short brown hair, braces and a white and pink horizontally striped V neck t-shirt was staring down at the box that was just in front of me.  

 

            A second girl of similar age only with long light golden brown hair and a bit taller then the other girl peered over the others shoulder.

 

            “Are you going to buy it Al?” questioned the taller girl.

 

            It never entered my mind before. I was going to be sold. The thought repulsed me. I couldn’t imagine being manhandled by these girls, forced to submit to their whims. I would be literally at their complete mercy.

 

            “Hey look at that one” The taller girl said as she reached towards me. I tried begging her to stop but it was no use as she couldn’t hear me and I couldn’t move. She easily grasped the box with her hands and showed me off to her friend. They commented about the outfits that came with each box and which one they should buy. I felt a wave of relief wash over me as I was put back on the shelf.

 

            I found myself watching the various people go by. A few people looked at me, or at least in my direction but none of them actually grabbed my package. I was about to think that I would make it through the day when I saw Sarah walk down the isle. She was stalking a few items around me, but she wasn’t really paying any attention. That is until her eyes locked onto mine. We unconsciously met. I could see her immediately grab for me. She carefully inspected me in her hands. I could feel the pressure she was putting forth on my packaging as it pressed against my face.

 

            “Melissa? Is that you? I can’t believe its really you. People have been looking all over for you. Don’t worry; I think I have enough cash to buy you.”

 

            The entire store swirled by in flashes of colors and lights as Sarah held me at her side carrying me to the front. She made small talk with a couple of people and finally set me down on the checkout counter.

 

            The cashier paid me no attention as she scanned my packages UPC code then shoved me into a bag. I could make out Sarah handing some cash over and then grabbing the bag. She started heading towards the back of the store. I had trouble seeing through the plastic bag so it was a bit blurry. She headed up a stairwell into what a employee break room of sorts. She headed towards a row of lockers and undid the combination.

 

            “Sorry, you are going to have to wait here.” Sarah whispered before she closed the door leaving me in darkness once again.

 

            I couldn’t believe I was bought by Sarah Rogers of all people. I wonder if she will be able to get me changed back? She is a Mega Mart employee. My thoughts were however interrupted as she opened the locker grabbing me from the bag along with the receipt.

 

            Sarah grabbed a old grungy yellow winter jacket and zipped it up tightly and put on some gloves and a hat. I began to wonder how long I have been here. It must be winter now but it was barely fall when I came in. My eyes then slowly made their way towards the receipt.  $8.75 was all I could see. That was my value, my worth as a person was $8.75, how pathetic.

 

            The snow was coming down kind of hard as Sarah ran towards her car. The squeak of the car door was loud as she tossed me into the passenger seat. I listened the car groan to life as I stare up at the ceiling of her car. I remember making fun of her about this car and now here I am, a possession of the girl I teased and led on.

 

            The car shut off without Sarah saying a word to me she grasped me with one hand and we started moving towards her house. It was a small house lower middle class home; It was nothing out of the ordinary that’s for sure.

 

            Sarah ran upstairs and tossed me who was still encased in packaging onto her bed. She changed out of her work uniform and headed back towards me wearing only a her bra and panties.

 

            “You know Melissa, its kind of surreal seeing you like this. I use to think you were so cool, and I wanted to be just like you, but now I have a spot on the cheerleading squad since you disappeared, I have your friends and…”

 

            Sarah was interrupted by a knock at the door. She sounded really excited and I heard her give whoever it was a long kiss and then close the door. She continued kissing passionately whoever it was as they neared me.

 

            “Oh my god! Alex!! ALEX ITS ME!!! GET AWAY FROM MY BOYFRIEND!” I tried to yell but it was no use. I wanted to cry, I wanted to pound that fucking bitch into the ground but I couldn’t move. I couldn’t even talk. I was just a plastic doll of myself. My boyfriends giant body crashed down next to me as Sarah lie atop of him. She continued to kiss him as she pulled his pants off. I didn’t want to watch. I wanted to leave but I had no choice.

 

                                                                  * * *

 

            That was months ago, I now stand immobilized on Sarah’s desk watching her live my life, with my boyfriend, hanging out with my friends. I realize that she has become me and I am just along for the ride. I keep wishing to somehow go back in time and stop myself from stealing that damn game.

 

            I don’t know for sure, but I did hear on the news one night that these processes may not last forever. I can only hope that the newscast was true.

 

The End.