- Text Size +
We all took off, leaving the woman and the guards behind. Laura picked me up before heading out, leaving Amy, Wendy and Jen to lead the way. I rode in her shirt pocket as it swayed back and forth on her chest. The girls were walking fast, eager to have their revenge on the unsuspecting women. Once they neared the front, the girls decided to split up.

Laura commanded, "Me and Jen will head around back while you guys take care of the front. We don't want them escaping again."

I bounced around some more as Laura flanked around the house. I couldn't see much, but I knew that at this point, there would be no more communication without giving themselves away. Eventually Laura and Jen had sight of each other in the back. They waited momentarily for some sort of signal to barge in, but it was silent. All of the sudden some sort of shots were heard, like a gun had fired off although not quite as loud. Immediately Jen and Laura leaped behind some bushes together.

"Oh my god. What about Amy and Wendy? Are they okay? We have to check," Jen urged.

My heart was racing and I could only imagine how the mother of the daughters felt. Her face was filled with shock and horror. What if something bad happened to them.

"Okay let's go. But Jen, be careful."

They crawled to the front discreetly behind some of the landscape. And to everyone's horror, both the sisters were there, lying on the ground near the door, not moving.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no! What did I do? My baby girls," Laura sobbed as she started heading towards them.

Jen quickly grabbed her before she left the safety of her hiding spot, saying, "Mom, stop! We can't do anything right now. Wait a moment. It won't help them if we get shot too."

I jumped from the pocket, scrambling away to Amy. The worst thoughts poured through my head as I sprinted to her body. "Please don't be dead, please don't be dead," I thought.

"Come back, Dave. Stop!" They said in an elevated whisper.

It was too late. I had to help. I could try to stop the bleeding if anything, give them a chance. Something, anything. I neared her body, observing her surroundings. No one was around, and it was quiet. There was no blood on the ground yet so maybe she wasn't bleeding that bad. Unable to move her in the slightest, I began searching for a wound of some kind. I searched all over, finding no evidence of a wound.

"Amy." I whispered in her ear repeatedly with no response.

I continued my inspection of her body when I saw a couple of oddities erecting from her side. They were darts. And from the looks, they had some sort of serum in it. It was good and bad news for me. The good being there were no bullet wounds and they were still breathing, but the bad was not knowing what had been injected into them. I sat there watching them, contemplating what to do next when I noticed something odd. Both Amy and Wendy's bodies were shrinking. Oh shit, it was a shrinking serum. How the hell did they get that? After a couple minutes, each of them had been reduced to about my size. I hurried and grabbed Amy dragging her to safety somewhere and then again with Wendy. Hopefully they would wake soon.

I looked back to call Jen and her mother over when I noticed they weren't there anymore. Where the hell did they go? Now was not a moment to waste time, and I needed to know what our options were now. While I stood in frustration, I heard a loud bang at the back of the house before hearing Laura and Jen screaming in the back.

"You bitches better come out of your hiding places. I'm gonna fucking kill you for touching my daughters!" I heard.

"Mom, stop! They will do the same to you!"

My heart started racing again, knowing Laura's rage would no longer be contained. Both her and Jen were in trouble now. This was all obviously planned and not in our favor. I shook Amy and Wendy as hard as I could, trying to wake them.

"Amy! Wendy! Wake up!" I yelled.

They groggily began to come to reality again. Clashing and ruckus could be heard inside as Laura went on a rampage. I heard some more shots go off before a guard came flying out of the window, rolling onto the ground unconscious. Laura must have been the culprit and I could still hear her screaming through the process, Jen no longer audible.

I continued to wake the sisters in hopes of hurrying to help or understand what was happening. After about a minute Amy looked at me, dazed and confused.

"What happened? Where are we? I feel funny." She said unsurprisingly.

Wendy was looking at me and her surroundings piecing things together in silence.

"This has to be quick because your mother is in trouble. You guys have been shrunk too. I'm not sure how or why but you have. Laura thinks you were shot and possibly killed and is running through the house like a mad woman. Jen was with her last I saw, but I haven't heard or seen her recently either. So we need to go! "

We all hurried to the origin of the noise, but at our small stature, it would be a while. We made it to the corner of the room, which appeared to be a living room. We peaked around the corner to find Jen lying unconscious there. Unfortunately for us, a guard was already waiting over her shrinking body, armed with a gun full of those special darts. Once Jen had shrunken down enough, she was put into a bag tied around his waist. He then continued forward, weapon raised. Laura must still be moving around freely. The guard move forward checking the stairs in front, when he was blind-sighted by a giant fist from Laura knocking him out cold. Our hearts jumped with joy at her sight, and we ran to show her we were all okay; our joy was short lived with the sound of one last shot, sending Laura to the ground with a loud thud.

Standing on the stair well were the two sisters, each carrying a weapon, but only one with it aimed in Laura's direction. We all hid in fear of being seen, and overheard the sisters' conversation to each other.

"Grab the mother, we still need her work on growth. We have the shrinking serum from her already, but we still need her prior research from her computer. The others don't really matter. Lock her up with Jane and have her watch over Laura and the antidote while we go inspect Laura's place for her work. The others shouldn't be a problem now that they are permanently small. Just make sure Jane keeps watch. She's your guard, so make sure she does t right."

"Will do," the other said, "She's my best, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll call her."

The sister took out the phone and dialed a number. Meanwhile the other picked up Laura, observing her new size and features.

"Yeah, Jane, we need you to watch two highly prized goods. Can you come watch them at our house while we are gone. You'll be here in 2? Ok, perfect. Thanks." Click.

They walked to the front to meet the new guard. After a couple minutes she finally arrived. She met them at the door, relinquishing Laura from their grasp.

"I'll take her. And this is the antidote?"

They nodded. The guard walked past them, tower over each.

"Okay I'll watch them and keep these two safe while you're gone. Call me when you are about to return. Thanks."

The two sisters left, leaving the taller Jane in the house. She looked pretty tall, and was probably around 6'4", making her a challenge to anybody. We were going to have to be smart. We needed both Laura and the antidote. But how?
Chapter End Notes:
Please leave a review. Always appreciate hearing from readers. I'll be trying to wrap this story up soon. Hope you're enjoying! Thanks!