- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm not quite ready to get into the dirty stuff, I want the characters to interact a bit more and for things to develop at a more natural pace. Soon, though.
------------------------- 

 

Annie was still asleep, and I was still just sitting there thinking about what to do next. I wanted to wait until my body and clothes were totally dry before trying to wake her up and probably wait a little bit extra so her lower body could dry up a little too. I was a little embarrassed thinking about what I just did, and a little ashamed. She may be a woman, but she’s also my sister. It took awhile, but once I was sufficiently dry I walked back towards her face. I still smelled of her juices, but it was unlikely she would sniff my body closely so I wasn’t worried. Her breath washed over me as I walked past her, still smelling of cinnamon. I planned to go behind the pillow just next to her head to try shouting to get her attention. It was unlikely she’d move in any other direction besides left, right or up when she wakes so I should be safe from being crushed. I noticed on the other side of her head there was a hardcover book. I wasn’t particularly curious, but looking at it I could see that it was a history book. She must’ve been studying for a test, or something. I could see the top of her head and even from a few meters (inches) away I could faintly smell the citrusy sweet scent of her shampoo.
I hesitated a bit, but then I breathed in deeply and yelled loudly as I could “ANNIE, WAKE UP!”. I tried not to say it in a rushed tone, so she wouldn’t think to panic if it were something like a fire. She didn’t wake up, but she moved a little bit and mumbled something unintelligible. Not that it’d make a difference, but I got a little closer this time and tried again. “ANNIE, PLEASE WAKE UP!”. I think she heard me this time, because her head started to move and she drowsily mumbled

‘Hwa?’. She sat up and looked around, eyes still half closed. She reached for the lamp light to the right of her bed and turned it on. Even though she was only sitting, her sheer size in comparison to myself was all too apparent. Her back towered up high, what seemed to be a hundred feet or more and cast a shadow over my entire body and surrounds. “I could’ve sworn I heard Andrew’s voice..” she said sleepily to herself, a bit confused. I was a little nervous, but I cleared my throat and spoke again.

“Ahem. Annie, I’m down here.” I said loudly, but not yelling. I was smaller, but in her near silent room my voice was perfectly audible.

“Hwa?” She looked behind her and couldn’t see anything, so she got up off her bed and look around. “Where are you, are you playing a trick on me…?” she asked. An understandable reaction, given the fact my voice seemingly came from nowhere. I waited for her to be out from in front of the light so I wasn’t in the shadows and spoke again.
“I wish I was, but I’m not. I’m down here Annie, behind your pillow.” Annie was clearly confused, but she looked as saw me. I was waving my hands to be a little more noticeable. All signs of sleep seemed to vanish from her face and a more worried and perplexed expression flashed onto her face.
“Oh my god… how the hell..?” she said quietly, half in shock half in disbelief. “Is that really you, Andrew?” She got back on the bed and brought her face closer to me as she laid down on her stomach. As she moved the bed sunk inwards towards her weight, making me almost lose my balance. Her face was less than fifteen feet away, but I was still quite nervous. Her eyes darted back and forth as she analyzed my appearance.
“Yes, it is me. I have no idea why I’m like this. I don’t remember much, I just woke up like this in my bed and came to you to get help.” I explained to her. She nodded as though she understood. Her eyes seemed to glow with interest. I guess my being an inch tall truly was amazing, it’s no wonder she’d find this fascinating. Her stare made me a little uneasy, I think she noticed.
“Well, at least you still have clothes on. This would be way weirder if that wasn’t the case.” she said, laughing a little. That didn’t really help my unease, but I saw this as an opportunity to change the topic.
“Yeah, well anyway at this size I’m good as dead if something happens to me. I can’t protect myself from anything and if I fall from somewhere high, or something falls on me I’m as pretty much guaranteed death. Not to mention, no hospital exists that’s capable of treating any injuries I might get.” as I told her this, she began to frown. “I don’t know why I’m like this, or if this is even permanent. But one thing is certain, on my own I’m certain I’ll perish. In all honesty, Annie. I really need you.” That almost sounded weird to say, but Annie’s frown turned into a look of determination. I knew I could rely on her, she seemed to understand the dire nature of my situation and seemed prepared to help me. Knowing my sister would take care of me in my vulnerable state put my mind at ease and I started to smile. Annie also smiled. “Well, first things first can you get me off of this bed and up to somewhere that’s safer?”. Annie nodded. She began to get up and as her weight shifted the bed regained it’s levelness and I began to fall backwards. Being behind her pillow meant I was very close to the edge, so I fell what seemed to be a couple dozen feet towards the floor. “Ahhhhh!!” I yelled. Annie’s eyes opened wide and she tried to catch me. Too late. My body hit the ground abruptly, instant pain shot through-out my limbs and my breath left my body. I felt like I would break, but it wasn’t over yet. As Annie tried to catch me, she jumped back onto the bed, sending the hardcover history book that the forgot was there over the side of the bed.

The last thing I saw before the book cut off my vision was Annie’s face painted with horror. I’d seen a few new faces from Annie in those short few minutes I’d interacted with her at my current size, but that wasn’t one I ever wanted to see. The book landed on me almost as suddenly as I had fallen in the first place, as it hit I could feel and hear a loud crack. I didn’t feel much pain anymore, likely due to the adrenaline that was coursing through my body. My consciousness began to fade and my eyes slowly closed.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

-----
To be continued.