- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

POV: Magina

Magina was proud of herself. She took a great pride in helping others be happy. If others were happy, she was happy. After a quite crazy adventure, Magina had helped Rick and Amy find each other. It all started in the salon. Four months had passed and Magina was itching for another project. There were plenty of unhappy people in the world- there needed to be someone out there who Magina could help using her unorthodox methods.

Magina remembered the first conversation she had with Amy about Rick.

***************************************************

It was the first day of spring and the weather was finally getting warmer. This was a relief to everyone after the difficult winter in New York City. It was also good business for Magina. It was getting closer to summer and more women were preparing to be beach-ready. This meant bikini waxes, tanning services, and of course, pedicures. Magina also hoped that there would be some woman out there she could help with whatever man problems she might have. Whether it was shrinking a man down to size and forcing him to not be a douchebag to her, or if it was a single guy who was oblivious to the affections a girl held for him. Magina had the solution for those sorts of problems.

As Magina arrived at work, she had to remind herself the same thing she reminded herself every work day, "I am Alicia Brown. That is my name, not Magina." No one could find out she was a Magic, unless she wanted them to find out.

This would be a busy time for Magina. Imperia would still tell her that she didn't work hard enough. Sure, Magina wasn't a corporate lawyer, but working at a salon wasn't always as easy as Imperia thought it was. Today would probably be one of those days.

Magina liked some customers better than others. Her salon wasn't particularly expensive, so she thought that would save her from the spoiled brats which lived in the city. Magina was wrong. Many of her regulars were brats who wanted everything just so. Many of them would be horrible to her and criticize her work. However, many of them would insist on having Alicia as their beautician and no one else. She must have done a pretty good job with them – but that didn't stop them from being total bitches.

It made Magina appreciate her kinder customers so much more. Those were her favorites. The kind of people she could engage in pleasant conversation. Magina looked at her list of appointments for the day. She shivered when she saw "Courtney Rosenberg" for 3 PM. Courtney was the worst of the worst. Magina imagined using her magic to give Courtney a piece of her mind. However, Courtney did tip Magina well even if it was just because Courtney wanted to show she "could afford to give big tips". Magina couldn't help but smile when she saw "Amy Wong" on the list. Amy only started using the salon three months ago, but Magina liked working with her. Amy was soft-spoken, friendly, and patient. There was something else about Amy. Magina felt it in her gut. Perhaps, she would find out today. Magina craved another project.

*****************

"Ummm... I'm here for a mani-pedi", said Amy.

"Perfect", chirped Magina, "what color would you like?"

"Not sure."

Magina looked at Amy's hands and feet – they were very dainty and cute, just like the rest of her. Magina was positive that there had to be at least one guy in her life one way or another –whether she knew it or not.

"I think a darker color would work well for you. Fits well with your complexion."

"Hmmmm, I think I will go with that dark purple over there."

"Sexy."

Magina noticed that Amy began to blush. Magina began to worry that Amy thought she was insincere.

"I mean it", said Magina, "I think it will add a little pizzazz to your overall look."

"That would be nice."

"For your boyfriend, I guess?"

"Oh no, I don't have a boyfriend."

"Is there a guy you have in mind?"

"Not really.. I mean.. well, only in my dreams."

"Hahahaha, I know what you mean. Orlando Bloom is only with me in my dreams!"

"I don't think he would notice my toenail polish anyway. I'm umm.. you don't want to hear about this."

"C'mon girlfriend, I thrive on that sort of talk! Tell me everything!!"

Magina noticed that Amy looked down at the ground self-consciously.

"Didn't mean to embarrass you, sorry", said Magina.

"No, it's okay", said Amy, "I just.. well.. okay- I've been wanting to talk about it for a while, but no one I can trust."

"You can trust me, don't worry."

Magina began working on Amy's nails as the two began to chat.

"So, who is this guy?"

"He works at my law firm. He's actually my boss – but he's only three years older than me. It's such a cutthroat place. Hardly anyone is nice to me there, except him. I feel bad for him sometimes. He has to deal with helping me and all the work the partners dump on him and stuff and I am sure a guy like him can find a much more beautiful and outgoing girl than me. He probably sees me as a weakling that needs help. We met when I spilled coffee all over the floor, he helped me clean it up. Since then, we've become really close. He wanted me to work with him on all of his cases."

"I understand how you feel. I wouldn't be so pessimistic though. The fact that he wants you to work with him is a great sign! What's the guy's name? Which firm do you work at?"

"Rick. I work at Reged & Viceara. It's in midtown."

Wow, thought Magina, that was where her sister worked. If Imperia was being herself, Magina could see why poor Amy felt so terrified about her job.

"I know that office romances can be quite tricky if you wanted to pursue that sort of thing."

"I know.. but.. I feel so alone."

"Don't worry about any of that", said Magina, "you have so many fantastic qualities and I know you're going to be okay. He sounds like a nice guy, but be careful."

"I don't know what to do."

"Be yourself. Then, you will be a-okay. I promise."

"I wish I could do something to help him. Rick is nice and happy towards me, but I get this odd feeling that he isn't so happy with his life – may just be all the work."

"Could be. Everyone has his or her problems. Remember that."

"Thanks Alicia for taking the time to listen to me. Oh my.. you have done such a great job with my nails. I can't thank you enough for this!"

"All part of the job", said Magina with a chuckle.

Magina was right. She got enough information from Amy to know that her next project would be in full swing. Magina would get to know Rick. If he seemed as good as Amy indicated, she would do all she could to bring them together.

***********************************************

It brought tears to Magina's eyes to think about all the good she could for others, especially for Amy. Magina wasn't always sure if she had changed Rick for the better, but she could definitely see it in Amy – especially from their salon sessions. Amy was still quiet and polite as was her nature, but she had more of a glow to her. Amy viewed the world in a much more positive light. As for Rick, Magina wasn't completely sure. Rick got the promotion he wanted which made him much happier with life. Magina hoped that her sister wasn't up to any tricks. She knew that Imperia could seduce Rick if she wished. Horny men could never resist her sister's 'charms' for long.

If Magina could help another person, that would make her day. Perhaps, it would be today! Today was a fairly lax day in terms of appointments. It was a Monday, the most hated day in the week. It couldn't have been all bad though. Magina was born on a Monday. She looked through her list of customers for the day. Magina saw another of her favorite customers: Nicole Stetler.

Nicole was very different from Amy in terms of personality. She was outgoing and very sure of herself. Nicole was a tall African American woman with a loving husband. However, Nicole was also a very kind woman who didn't feel the need to bully others due to personal insecurities.

When Nicole arrived at the salon, she immediately caught Magina's eye and said enthusiastically, "Alicia, how are you today?!?!" Nicole rushed over to Magina and the two hugged.

"It's just a typical Monday."

"I know", said Nicole, "my students need me though. Otherwise, I'd sleep through the whole day!"

"I've always considered being a teacher actually."

"It's great", gushed Nicole, "working with third graders is quite an adventure – I will say."

"Do they know you're taking a little break for a mani-pedi?"

"Yea, but it will be enough time for them to get through music class."

"Unless we get into one of our historically long conversations."

"I know... I love ya so much, Alicia. I don't know what I would do if you left the salon."

"All of my co-workers are fantastic! Who knows? You may even find someone better."

"Who could be better than you, Alicia?"

"You flatter me, girl", said Magina with a laugh, "you flatter me."

Magina began to work on Nicole's nails. Like the rest of her body, Nicole had long hands and feet. Nicole must have worn at least a size 12. Most women with feet that large seemed self-conscious about it, but not Nicole. Nicole would simply talk about how she played basketball in college. Nicole was gorgeous, but her confidence came from within rather from how she looked.

"So, besides work, how is everything else with you, Nicole?"

"Most things are going real great. My hubby, as always, is a total sweetheart. He surprised me with a trip to Miami for my birthday. I don't know what I would do without him."

"Any kids on the way?"

"Not yet, but perhaps soon. I'm still young."

"I can tell", said Magina with a smile.

"I do worry about my brother though."

Brother?

"My little brother, Seth. He has a big heart and he is a total genius when it comes to computers. He works at Google in its NYC office. So smart, but he is very shy. He thinks it's going to hurt him in terms of finding his soulmate. It's been really bringing him down lately. I do all I can to help, but I don't know..I am so nervous about that."

"I think it's great that you care so much for your brother."

"I want to help him so bad. He has been there for me so many times, especially anytime I had to take a math or science class. Most people ask their parents or the teacher for help. When I was in high school, I would ask my 11 year old brother for help with my homework."

"He sounds like a really smart guy", said Magina happily, "it sounds like you're doing all you can to help your brother."

"I know, I just wish the right girl was out there for him. Do you know anyone who might fit the bill?"

"What does he look like?"

"Very nice looking. He's 6'2". Skinny guy. He wears geeky looking glasses, I guess, but he's not comfortable with contacts. He's tried them many times. The problem isn't with looks. Many girls flirt with him actually. He's just so shy. Except for those in his family and some lesbian friend of his, I think he's got a real phobia of women."

Magina tried to picture Seth in her head. He was probably a very good-looking guy. She tried to picture some of Nicole's features on Seth, since the two were brother and sister. Seth was probably, overall, better looking than Rick. However, Rick was very self-assured and only felt depressed when others put a roadblock on him towards achieving his goals.

"It is actually a tougher world out there for guys than one would think. I know."

"Yea", agreed Nicole, "I think girls expect a guy like Seth to be all high-powered and aggressive, but that just isn't him. He's super laid-back actually and probably lets people walk over him too much."

"I think the problem is that Seth shouldn't be with a girl. Seth should be with a woman."

Nicole smiled at Magina and then said, "that's so nice of you to say. I don't want to ask too much of you, but if you have any girlfriends who might make a good match for Seth – let me know."

"I'll keep him in mind, I certainly will."

"Thank you so much", said Nicole. She then looked at her watch and gasped, "oh my, if I don't leave now, I'm going to be late to school! As always, you have done a super job on my nails. My husband is going to begging for a footjob tonight, most definitely. Yet again, thank you. I'll see you in three weeks!"

Magina chuckled, a lot more foot fetishists in the world than one would expect. There was something beautiful about the female foot. It was probably that a woman's foot was typically so sensitive and a great way to turn on a woman. Many men were probably wired to be attracted to feet for both the man and the woman. That made sense.

Magina felt a rush of energy through her body. She could probably help this Seth guy. Magina would teach Seth that women weren't so scary, even if the whole process involved shrinking him down to an inch tall. Magina wanted to help Seth grow as a person. Was that weird? She never met the guy. However, Magina adored Nicole. Seth obviously meant a lot to his sister. So, Magina knew that Seth must have been an okay guy. It was kind of like how Rick turned out to be okay when Amy first started opening up to Magina about him.

Magina smiled. She knew the name of her next project: Seth Stetler.

Chapter End Notes:

Yep, Magina has found another man she's going to want to play with ;)

A lot more to come!