- Text Size +

"Traxa told me she'd really love a full body plate, so she could let herself drop on a house, destroying it entirely, or sit down on it. She thinks it'd be a great feeling, sensing the small building slowly giving in under her butt and weight, crashing through the roof and obliterating everything under her huge weight. Makes her feel powerful. At least she thinks so.

Oh yes, that reminds me. She once indeed tried to sit on a house to be demolished wearing her (tailor-made) jeans overall. Yes, the house gave in under her weight. But she didn't feel great afterwards. The cloth of her overall was torn on several places and Traxa suffered a few nasty cuts, scratches and bruises. Broken stone can even cut a giants' skin, which, as you may know, is about half an inch thick. Too bad she has not yet found a company that is willing to manufacture a full body plate out of metal for her.

Now, it may seem that my girlfriend relishes in destruction, but she is a very kind person at heart. For example, she donates blood every six months, which, in her case, is about 15 gallons each time. Yes, a giant's and a human's blood are compatible, after all our DNA is more similar that that of a human and a Bonobo Chimpanzee, though having children is not possible for us. 

And then there was that time when a Grizzly bear had broken out of the Lübecker Zoo. People were advised to keep inside while police and hunters went out to look for the dangerous animal, but Traxa immediately joined the search. And indeed, she located the bear, grabbed it by its neck skin and carried it like a naughty puppy back to its place. The bear clawed in the air and roared, but Traxa held it firmly in her grip.
It was quite a sight! The big, heavy bear, small like a guinea pig compared to her, dangling so helpless about 15 feet in the air and totally harmless. Traxa could carry it in one hand without a problem. When she put it on the ground in its cage, the Grizzly turned towards her, roaring and rising a paw as if to attack her. But when my girlfriend stamped her foot on the ground and hissed, the animal retreated quickly in its den.

She was the heroine of the day.

All in all, Traxa is a respected person. Well, most of us respect her, for as successful as she might be in our society, it is not to say that nothing can happen. Let me explain.

About one and a half year ago, we went on vacation, Traxa and I. We went from Lübeck to Copenhagen. By train, because for obvious reasons she cannot travel by car or plane, and walking there is even too far for her. A large ship could be possible as well, but since she has to stay either on the deck or in the freight cabin, she prefers the railroad. Though a train is not ideal either, for she has to stay in a hired cattle transport car, but it can be done with relative little fuss.
Anyway, it was supposed to be a three-day trip. The first two days went by without incident. Yes, there was the usual attention Traxa attracted, but because most comments were in Danish, we didn't understand them and hence, they didn't bother us. Neither did the rainy weather. But on the third day, when we visited the statue of the little mermaid, disaster struck. Traxa wanted a picture of the little mermaid with her kneeling next to it.

As you may know, the bronze statue, the trademark of Copenhagen, is relatively small, about four feet. So you can imagine what it'd look like next to an almost 37 feet tall woman. What you also should know is that there are no fences around it to shield it from tourists or vandals. It is located on the riverside at the Langelinie Promenade, its only protection a number of boulders, making it hard to reach.

For humans.

For Traxa it was no problem, in two steps she was next to it. The picture was made (including a lot from a group of Japanese tourists) and Traxa was about to walk back to me when she slipped over the boulders, which were wet from the rain. She lost her balance and fell backwards.

Right on the statue.

The little mermaid has been molested before, like thrown in the water, head chopped off and spray-painted. But now, it was totally crushed. Even its concrete filling was no match for the mass of Traxa. When she got up, with her back severely hurting, the statue was so mangled, one could hardly recognize it as a mermaid. It looked more like a plaice.

The Danes were not amused, to say the least.

Traxa's suggestion to rename it "the flat mermaid" didn't help to lift the spirits of the Danes either.

And since insurance wouldn't pay for its restoration for some vague reason, Traxa had to pay all by herself for it. Almost a full year, even with her income, went by before the costs of the statue's renovation were fully paid.

And seven months ago, we went on a trip to Italy. Pisa to be precise. I shall not elaborate on the amount of attention she attracted there as well, since you can probably imagine the scores of people surrounding her, wanting pictures with her, that sort of thing. No, what I want to tell you is that there are still a few things about human behavior, specifically the humor, she hasn't fully grasped yet.

You know the joke about tourists taking a picture of themselves holding a finger, hand or foot against the Leaning Tower, right? Traxa wanted such a picture too, but unlike the tourists standing about 300 feet from the tower, she stood next to it, thinking that was the way it should be done. So she placed her hand against the Tower, leaned with her full weight against it and pushed with all of her strength. Well, you may remember the results from newspaper articles.

The Leaning Tower is now called the "Straight Tower".

The mayor ordered us to leave Pisa immediately.

Yes, she is very strong. Even for somebody her size. Traxa developed quite some muscles thanks to her job and her hobby- weightlifting. I'll elaborate on that now, so you can make yourself a better image of her."