- Text Size +

Dr. Brücke lowered the papers again. He stared at the far wall of his study, picturing in his mind a 37 -foot behemoth of a woman lying next to an average-sized man. He saw in his thoughts how the sleeping, colossal female slowly turned, her huge body eclipsing the man's frame and finally covering it. A soft, muffled crunch, and the guy was no more. He shook his head, disgusted. An atrocious thought! After another swig of tea, the doctor read the remaining text.

"Now that I have told you everything about my girlfriend, let me come to the question. The problem I have is the following. I really love Traxa, she is beautiful and lovely. But I don't know how we can stay a couple. Sure, we realize that we cannot have children, since that is impossible for a human and giant. But I cannot move in with her, nor she with me. I get sick of the comments every time we walk the streets and dislike the fact she has to pay for her own food- if we can go to a restaurant in the first place. And not to mention that I cannot buy her any clothes, for they are all imported from Brechia or custom-made her and very expensive.
I do love her. And she loves me. But please, can you give me any advice on this relationship?

Yours,

Hermann."


Dr. Brücke's mind was blank for a time. What kind of advise could he give to this young man? Ignoring the other letters, he leaned back and thought for a while. Then he got up and wrote his answer:

"Dear Hermann,

As you hinted more than a few times in your -elaborate- letter, is your relationship with the giantess Traxa taxing for you. You can't go shopping with her without drawing unwanted attention. Holidays might end in disaster. Sex is dangerous and it is unsafe to sleep next to her. While I can understand your love for her, it is nigh-on impossible for a human to have a relationship like that with somebody from the giant race. It honors your girlfriend that she fits into our culture and society with regard to her job, but it should end there.
So my advise is to split up. Tell her, in a respectful way, about the problems you experience with her and make her clear that despite you really love her, some things just aren't meant to be.

Regards, Dr. Brücke"


The -strongly abbreviated- letter and Dr. Brückes answer appeared a few days later in the newspaper.


About a week later, Doctor Brücke was in his study again, rummaging through his letters. He had already forgotten about Hermann and Traxa.

At first, he didn't notice the sudden darkening. Unconsciously, he might have thought it were the clouds blocking the sun. But as a loud crunch was heard, Dr. Brücke sprang up from his chair and turned. He saw a large foot, standing on the remains of the birch tree in front of his window.

A foot clad in metal.

Before the frozen doctor comprehended this image, an equally large hand, clad in a gauntlet, crashed through the window, smashing the glass, and grabbed him.
He was dragged out of the destroyed window and lifted up in the air. Dr. Brücke looked into the face of a young woman. He recognized it immediately. It was Traxa.

She looked at him angrily, tears in her eyes.

"You goddamn bastard," she spat. "You talked my boyfriend into splitting up with me! You have broken my heart! Jerk! With your pseudo-scientific bullshit! He doesn't want to see me again, he said. It was not possible, not meant to be, he said. All because of that dumb answer of you in that newspaper!  You idiot.... Just you wait!"

Traxa dropped him in her other hand, which was bare. Dr. Brücke felt her grip tightening around his torso and belly. It seemed his organs were slowly being pressed to mush. He tried to talk, argue why he gave the answer he had, but couldn't talk. This giantess, this almost 37 feet tall behemoth of a woman, held him so tight he could only croak.

He was brought closer to her face. "Did you see "Star Wars VI, Return of the Jedi" perhaps?" Traxa asked. "Do you remember the scene in which that creature, the Rancor, ate that orc-like guard?"

Dr. Brücke could only nod.
 
"Good," Traxa said, smiling wickedly.

And with a swift motion, she brought Dr. Brücke's head to her mouth and bit it clear off. His neck snapped with a soft crunch as the giantess' teeth, each about as big as a matchbox, guillotined though it. Traxa chewed and swallowed. It tasted like ham. She opened her fist and tore the clothes of the decapitated body. Then she turned it around and bit both legs off. She chewed until bone and flesh were turned into a fine mush.

Another bite. And another. Slowly, she munched the doctor up. Heart and lungs, stomach and liver. It all was grinded into a bloody pulp between her teeth, strong as millstones.

Traxa saved one arm for last. Without using her fingers to push it in, just her tongue, she ate it bit by bit. The hand went in last. Just like in the movie she mentioned.

After having finished the doctor, Traxa patted her tummy. She had never eaten a human before, but it tasted good.

"You should've studied Biology rather than Psychology," she muttered. "Then you'd know not to piss me off. After all, the strong always eat the weak...".

And with that, she left.

THE END